Herb Garden

A simple and not a big deal confession... 😉

I like to cook, but I don't love to cook.

I would rather present the food than cook the food.

I do love to use fresh herbs when I cook, though.  I love all the flavors that burst forth when I add different herbs.


26


I prefer doing meals that involve grilling a good piece of meat and adding fresh veggies. 
Or, putting a big pot of dried pinto beans on the stove to cook all day.  Throw a roast with potatoes in the crock pot, and I am good to go.


27


I decided a few years ago to try and grow my own little herb garden right outside of my kitchen and I have absolutely loved it.


1b


2b


It is so nice to be able to walk outside and clip rosemary, basil, parsley, or thyme.


3b


I also love growing things like lemon balm, peppermint, lavender and chocolate mint.


4b


One of my favorite things to do is keep a big pitcher of cold water filled with lemon balm and peppermint.  Add a few slices of cucumber and you have such a refreshing drink.


24


I may not love cooking, but I love making the food look appetizing, so that counts for something.


\

And, is there really anything better than a beautiful fragrance filled arrangment of herbs on a summer day?

I used my new French canning jar from Vivi et Margot to hold this little bundle.



The French market basket is from Becky's Farmhouse and the awesome bread board I brought back from a shopping trip to Texas.




If you have any questions about herb gardening, let me know and I’ll see if I can answer.  If you have any great recipe ideas, feel free to share.


Make sure and follow me on #farmhousedreamsabk where I share lots of photos of our home, clothing ideas, and the occasional photo of my two favorite aussies.

Chat soon...

Share:

2 comments