Monday, August 17, 2015

American Hereford Association Dinner…Farmhouse Dreams Style

I truly love doing what I do…styling weddings, dinners, homes, businesses, or anything else that needs to be styled.

 

It’s strange for me to give myself a title, but I need to for my business sake. 

 

I am an Event Stylist.

 

Farmhouse Dreams Event Stylist.

 

I also need a purpose statement.  It’s easy for me to tell you my purpose, but not so easy to put it into a few words on a business card. 

 

My purpose would be to show Christ’s love in my styling.

 

My purpose would be to style each and every person’s event according to His perfect plan. 

 

My purpose would be to bring Him glory in all that my hands touch.

 

My purpose would be that when each individual person sees what I have styled, they know that I have styled it with great care, much prayer, much love, and with great attention to detail.

 

I am very purposeful in what I do and ultimately want to please God first and then my client.

 

So, that’s the problem.  I know my purpose but am just not settled on how to put that into condensed form.

 

Any great writers or entrepreneurs out there that want to help a girl out.  Feel free to share your knowledge and opinions, please.

 

While you are thinking, I would love to share a few photos of the latest event that I (along with my talented daughters) styled.

 

I was asked to style an outdoor dinner for the American Hereford Association Board Members.  The dinner was held at a beautiful home where the land actually took center stage and was the perfect backdrop. The homeowner is a nursery owner and had beautiful hydrangea bushes everywhere and welcomed me to use all the blooms I wanted in my staging. 

 

The atmosphere was very casual.

 

  The decor was chosen to suit the masculine and the feminine.

 

  The dinner was superbly catered by a local eatery, Ellie Michellies.

 

17

 

 

18

 

 

51

 

 

64

 

 

63

 

 

33

 

 

4

 

 

5

 

 

6

 

 

35

 

 

69

 

Unfortunately, we didn’t get any photos of the tables with the delicious food, but trust me, it was outstanding to the eyes and the taste buds.

 

I prayed for this event from the day I was asked to style it.

 

I believe the Lord and the host were pleased.

 

I pray they were.

 

Blessings to you all.

Print

11 comments:

Diana Lucas said...

Amy, That was absolutely beautiful! You are so talented. I know when you direct your efforts humbly toward God first, that they will be just what you want. So happy for you that you have found what it is that you want to do and seem meant to do. Well done! Diana

Patricia @ CorninmyCoffee-pot said...

Amy-
I haven't been flowing very closely-- so I can't recall if you have a name already-- I know everything that you do is Christ centered-- so I'll just throw this out there. Use it as is OR maybe as a spring board to other ideas. But from your description here I got this:
Event -FULL planning
Styling your event FULL of Christ centered TOUCHES
That's all I have ! Hope that helps!

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Gorgeous styling and I agree, that backdrop is breathtakingly beautiful!!!
I know God will provide you with the chosen words for your purpose. . .in due time.
Thank you for sharing your new title with us!!!
Much continued $uccess, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Becky Cunningham said...

I am amazed by you my sister!! This event was beautifully styled and it turned out simply stunning! I'm sure that everyone there was in love with your style. The venue was a perfect backdrop for your amazing pieces! I'm so proud of you taking on this new adventure...I love you and support your God given talents :) HUGS

Picnic Benches said...

Gorgeous! That was absolutely beautiful! You are so talented.

Wooden Picnic Bench said...

So happy for you that you have found what it is that you want to do and seem meant to do. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Picnic Bench said...

You are so talented. Gorgeous styling and everything. Thank you for sharing!

Sustainable Furniture said...

Absolutely beautiful! You are so talented. Gorgeous styling. Thanks for sharing!

Sustainable Furniture said...

Gorgeous styling! You are talented. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

large dining tables said...

You are so talented. You also have gorgeous styling! Thanks for inspiring!

reclaimed wood dining table said...

You are so talented! The event was simply beautiful. You are amazing!
Enjoy your talents!