Monday, April 13, 2015

Dreaming Big, Praying Bolder

So, I never have really thought of myself as a big dreamer.  I never set really big goals for myself because I was always okay with just “being simple me”.  It’s not that I haven’t always sought to be the best I could be.  I have always been a hard worker and a go getter with tasks at hand, but just never put myself out there a whole lot.  Maybe it was for fear of failure that I never dreamed big or set those really big goals. 

 

8

 

I’m not sure what has held me back.  Maybe it’s that people pleaser mentality in me that has kept me in some sort of bondage…rejection is tough for us people pleasers, you know.

 

7

 

Well, this is the thing.  I decided it was time to shake things up a little.  I decided to dream big and pray more boldly.

 

12

 

There are things in my heart that I want to do.  The desires of my heart…you know what I’m talking about.  Those things that linger in your heart and mind even when you tell yourself that you probably can’t and really shouldn’t.

 

14

 

This is what I’m doing….

  I’m praying.  I’m believing.  I’m listening.  I’m trusting.  I’m waiting.  I’m obeying.  I’m taking things one step at a time as God orders my steps.

 

  Step one…go.  Step two…go.  Yes, God…I’m going.  I’m listening.  I’m praising.

 

11

 

I can’t wait to see where He takes me.

 

Know this for certain…I will pray continually that I do all things as unto Him and that He is pleased with all that I am doing.

 

10

 

It is amazing and thrilling when I see doors opening that I never thought possible.

 

Thank you, Lord, for the doors you open and the ones you keep closed for my safety.

 

Here’s to dreaming big…for me and for you.

Print

14 comments:

Angie Chavez said...

Looking forward to seeing how your dreams unfold, as the Lord leads, Amy!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Love the title of this post! You go, girl! This world needs your big dreams and bold prayers! Xo

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

I think we are entering a time when we need to pray bolder and be willing to do bolder. Boldly we go forward together! Diane

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Amy I so adore your farmhouse style. Thank you for the inspiration. Jo

Cindy Rasley said...

So very well said! I too agree with everything you said! I started my farm dreams years ago! We now have our 26 acre farm ! Built a new farmhouse and this is our second year here! Putting all the goodies now! A new barn ! A cottage chicken coop! We have the goats! A kitty who adopted us! We named Gypsy! Dogs and the baby chicks are getting all their feathers! Soon to be horses next! God has opened many doors after a very long difficult haul! I am sooo very grateful to God for all the goodness that he is giving us! I am so very blessed and grateful! Also for my husband,family and friends! So ! KEEP DREAMING the BOLD stuff! God is listening and answers our prayers ! Happy and peace,Cindy

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

Sounds like exciting things brewing in your heart, Amy. Looking forward to seeing where the Lord takes your dreams!

Susan Hamilton said...

What a great post! May God bless you abundantly!
Please, Love & Joy
Susan

Becky Cunningham said...

I'm praying for your dreams to unfold too my sister. Isn't it wonderful how he orders our steps? Your heart's desires are so important to Him. Keep telling him...He will turn your fear into boldness and what seems like little things into big things for HIM. I'm cheering for you...and I'm praying God will lead you right where you need to go next :) He'll send you many blessings. Many blessings!

Krista Eickmeier said...

I"ve been following your blog for a little over a year now. Excited to see your faith journey unfold. Waiting to see where God leads you. Praying that He moves in ways you could never even imagine!!!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Beautiful testimony to the power of prayer and beauty of faith. Beautiful home!
Jemma

Debra Masek said...

Blessings back to you! This is the first time I've read your Blog...visited your Blog. How inspiring that I did so today as the "Pray Bolder" piece speaks directly to me...oldest child, people pleaser...held back a bit because I want everyone else to be Okay...or better. I, too, have been listening better!! I shall be following your blog...good for the heart and soul.

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Amazing!!!
Something good is going to happen. . .I can 'feel' it!!!
Keep praising and stepping . . .one step at a time!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Thank you - this spoke to my heart.

Ashley Kay said...

Great post!