Saturday, April 4, 2015

She and I Are Ready For Spring

I have to say that it has been a long winter around here.

 

It’s not necessarily the weather that made the winter harder than normal because Tennessee winters are not really that bad.  This year, however, was a little worse than we are used to weather wise.

 

2

 

No,  for me, it’s been a long winter because of a heart that has been heavy.

 

You know, it’s actually been a tough year not just a tough winter.

 

12 

 

Let me say this though…This is not a sob story or a feel sorry for me story.  This is just a “be real” story.

Without going into any extra details, I will say that the passing of my father in November hit me harder than I ever thought it would.

 

8

 

Saying goodbye is tough, isn’t it?

 

13

 

It leaves an emptiness in your heart.

 

9

 

But, praise be to God, I am His child, and so was my dad, and I know we will be together again someday. That reality gives me peace.

 

11

 

Through all of the heartache, fears, and trials that we have walked through, we have been filled with the peace that only God can provide.  I, for one, cannot even imagine going through life without Him.

 

4

 

Without Him, I am nothing!

 

1

 

With Him, all things are made new again!

 

Happy Easter!

 

He is Risen!

Print

10 comments:

Becky Cunningham said...

Yes, thankful to be His child! I do understand that emptiness my sister...and I'm so sorry. I wish I were closer to hug you every day. And I'm thankful that we will be reunited with our parents one day in heaven :) HUGS

It's me said...

Happy easter....love Ria...xxx!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Amy,
What a beautiful post from your heart. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Blessings to you and your family.

hugs,
Sissie

Deanna said...

Wonderful Easter and may you have a blessed Spring!

Rebecca Fuelling said...

Amy, very well said. I lost my mother in August and it's been a lot harder than I imagined. Today is a day to be thankful for though, a day to be thankful for our risen Savior. Have a blessed Easter.

pballard said...

Well Said. When my parents passed in the span of 7wks in 2013 it was super tough. Not a day goes by that I don't think of them. I to have comfort knowing we will be together again. Bless you.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Blessings are blowing your way. Such a beautiful post. Jo

sweetvintageofmine said...

Amen....He is Risen! He sacrificed it all for us~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

Carol B. said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. May He continue to lighten your heavy heart.

Blessings from WA
Carol
puretsimple.blogspot.com

My Petticoat Lane said...

I am sorry to read that. My grandma is gone last week and I undesrtand your feeling of emptiness. But I am so happy to know God loves everybody of us and that we are together with the one we loves one day. Give you hugs from Germany.Blessings to <ou and our family
Diana