Monday, March 9, 2015

Authentic Beauty

I heard someone say something recently about authentic vintage pieces.  That could probably mean several things, but to me it meant raw, untouched, as it was from the beginning, kind of pieces.

 

That’s how I see this piece of furniture I just got…authentic, untouched, and beautiful.

 

It’s also heavy heavy heavy. 

 

What is it?

 

Not 100% sure, but I’m thinking it held papers or files in an office or school. 

 

Of course, what is was used for then and what I use it for now are two different things.

 

1

 

7

 

30

 

10

 

11

 

20

 

21

 

22

 

32

 

33

 

 

35

 

38

 

43

 

17

 

3

 

5

 

13

 

14

 

9

 

What a wonderful place to showcase some of my Ironstone pieces with the beautiful contrast of the dark wood and the white.  I also love the bottom compartments empty so the beauty of the piece still shows up and not just the dishes.

 

Did I mention that Fayetteville, Tennessee, is stamped on this piece?  I was born and raised in Fayetteville and most of my family still live there so that makes it even more valuable to me.

 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? 

 

I hope you are all well and enjoying some sunshine in your life today.

 

God bless!

Print

18 comments:

BECKY said...

What a gorgeous piece, and a wonderful way to display those lovely whites!! Everything looks just right!! :o)
Hugs!!
Becky

Debra@Common Ground said...

Hi Amy, what a wonderful piece, Love that it shows off the beautiful Ironstone, and how perfect that it's from your hometown! good to hear from you, that pic of your daughter last post is precious, what a sweetheart she is!

Becky Cunningham said...

It is a gorgeous piece! I love the ironstone, how it pops against the raw wood. And the pieces of ironstone you have are amazing :) The molds!!
I can't believe it has Fayetteville stamped on it! Wouldn't you love to know it's history?? You styled it beautifully, sis :)
I know you were excited to find it!

Angie Chavez said...

What a gorgeous piece, and you have it displayed so beautifully. I have a similar piece that was in our shed when we bought our home. Mine is super heavy too, and I'd love to use it in my home, but it's a little too wide to fit through any of our doors! We plan to open up a wall and install a larger door this summer, so I hope to bring it in then.

JoAnne said...

That's an amazing piece, Amy. I love how you have styled everything so beautifully. You have some wonderful treasures!

Rita C. said...

Oh my gosh, Amy, I just fainted. And the fact that this piece came from where you grew up?? Nuh uh! It is simply stunning, as is its display. Btw, I came to your blog through Joy. :)
Rita C at Panoply

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Amy this room is so beautiful!
I love the way the ironstone looks against the wood and the pop of color from those bottles is wonderful!

Diana Lucas said...

Amy, This is simply beautiful by itself but with the addition of your gorgeous ironstone, it becomes amazing. How happy you must be to have it!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I love it! Your iron stone is so perfect in it! The whole display is just amazing. Have a great evening! Jo

Coco said...

This is so pretty! I love your style and all of the pieces you find. They're so beautiful. Coco

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the entire display. This needs to be in a magazine

Cindy Rasley said...

So cute! Love how you have decorated it! Cool piece!

Christine Vandormolen said...

Hello there , I just put together a collage with super awesome inspiration on how to decorate with old windows on my blog Little Brags . I used a picture of yours with the source link back to you. Please come visit and if you do not want me to use your picture for any reason , please let me know and I will remove it asap. Thanks a bunch. Christine http://littlebrags.blogspot.com/2015/03/decorating-with-old-windows.html

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a wonderful piece! I love how you have styled it to perfection with the ironstone pieces. Gorgeous find!
Hugs,
Patti

joan anythinggoeshere said...

i love items with cubby holes. what a great piece. looks great with your stuff! joan@anythinggoeshere

heather gilmour said...

What a wonderful find! You styled it so pretty, the contrast is awesome!

Home cleaning Ealing

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
A gorgeous piece, indeed, dear friend!!!
I adore your ironstone collectibles within the shelves!!! And while I have a tendency to fill to the brim. . .I love that you've left some shelves exposed!!!
Uniquely an authentic beauty, indeed!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Namely Original said...

What a great piece, I also like the tin above it! How did you hang it?