Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Pretty Lady

It’s snowing in middle Tennessee!

It rarely ever snows in Tennessee.

Like never snows where I live.

I have had all three of my children home since Monday as college classes were canceled and work was done from home.

  To say I have been one happy mama is an understatement. 

For my kids, sleeping late was the top thing on their lists to do.  While they slept in, I changed a few things up on my mantel.

I decided it was a good time to bring this pretty lady out since she makes me think of spring with her bare feet and gathering basket.

18

Look at those bare feet.  Reminds you of summer time, doesn’t it?

11

16

Do I even need to say anything about lavender in an ironstone pitcher?

36

33

4

Obviously, I move everything when we start a fire.

24

Loving the grainsack pillows stashed in this old laundry basket.

25

5


30

4

Loving the snow today, but also anticipating the warm days of spring. 

Thankful for all seasons and what each one holds.

I also want to take a minute and say Happy Birthday to my sisterfriend in Louisiana.  Becky, I love you and I celebrate you and our friendship today and everyday.

Blessings to you all.

Linking up over at Share Your Style
Print

9 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Eilis said...

I love your pretty lady and everything else about your mantel.
Eilis@MyHeartLivesHere

chateau chic said...

The gorgeous window, fabulous trophy cup with lavender, beautiful lady...love it all!!
Mary Alice

ANNE said...

I love all your salvaged pieces - what a fabulous window!!

Sigh...

Diana Lucas said...

Everything is beautiful. I especially love the window on the mantel and the grain sack pillows in the laundry basket. What a cute way to display them. Stay warm!

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Amy, my favorite are the grain sack pillows in the laundry basket. I love that! I bet having your kids home was so wonderful... and did it snow again today? We had more today and wow - hasn't it been COLD?

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Amy, my favorite are the grain sack pillows in the laundry basket. I love that! I bet having your kids home was so wonderful... and did it snow again today? We had more today and wow - hasn't it been COLD?

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Your Lady on the mantle is exquisite, dear friend!!! Love the ironstone pitcher filled with lavendar! Had to chuckle. . .I never go barefoot. . .I'm a tenderfoot!!!
Truly, a Mother's joy is having her children home due to weather. I remember those days well! From blanket forts to pillow fights to homemade sugar cookies to sleeping on the circular sectional (because we could all fit!) . . .sweet days are made from these "bad" weather days, indeed!!!
Enjoy!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Jodell Knutson said...

This is so beautiful! I thought you might enjoy knowing that the basket you have your pillows in is actually an old burn basket for leaves. I used to have one & I made a liner for it out of white cotton canvas. I attached blue & white ticking to the top edge & tied it around the top edge. I so regret selling it. Seeing yours was so very nice, kind of like revisiting an old friend. I too live in Tennessee.