Monday, February 2, 2015

The Farm Table

I am a very visual person.

I love visually appealing things to surround me in my everyday life and everyday activities.  If you have been around my blog long enough, then you know that fancy and sophisticated does not mean much to me.  Give me neutral and simple anytime, and I am happy.

When it comes to the area where my youngest and I do our school, simple suits us both just fine.  So glad that she likes her mama’s style.

This beautiful old farm table makes a great school desk for she and I both to sit at when we need to do things together.

3 

Speaking of homeschooling…
We have homeschooled all three of our children.   Hard to believe we have already graduated two and are now on our last one.
What a gift to have been able to teach all of our kiddos at home.

8

I know, I know, it looks dirty, but it’s really not. 

That’s character, mom, I promise…


10

2

This 1898 diploma hangs as a focal point and reminds us of our goal at hand.  Graduation will come before we know it.

12


13


6

A great old crate holds our school books and this crate is pretty special to me.

Quick story…A friend of mine and myself were on the endless yardsale this past summer when I spotted this crate with my maiden name of Montgomery on it.  It actually had Montgomery Dairy on it.  My family had a dairy farm many years ago.  Now, it wasn’t named Montgomery Dairy but that didn’t matter.  I loved it and wanted it.  I have to say it was pricier than most things I buy like this, but under the circumstance of what it said and that my dad at that time was very sick and in the hospital, I knew I couldn’t pass it up.  So thankful I bought it as my dad passed away a few months later. 

What a special reminder.


7

16

The seat I sit on was a gift from my precious friend Linsey at Brave Hearted Beauty for helping her with a barn sale several years ago.

17

And, Faith’s seat is filled with a great pillow from my sweet, funny friend Beth at Olde Tyme Marketplace.

14

A visually appealing spot to do our school work every day makes this teacher a happy teacher.

I hope you are all doing great.

Are you as ready for spring as I am?  I usually don’t like rushing the seasons, but this year, I’m ready for winter to be over.

Blessings to you all and thanks for stopping by.

Hey, if you have a minute, I would love for you to check out my Farmhouse Dreams Facebook page and like it.  Thanks…

Sharing over at Coastal Charm
Print

11 comments:

Tanja Obergföll said...

Dear Amy,
I love your home Style.
Very beautiful...
Greetings from Germany
Tanja

Tanja Obergföll said...

Dear Amy,
I love your home Style.
Very beautiful...
Greetings from Germany
Tanja

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Amy,
What a charming area for your little classroom...love that crate!! Come on over and share it at my party today.

Blessings,
Linda

Robin Johnson said...

Your table is amazing. I love it all it's chipping character. Love that diploma too - - what a fun thing!

Donna Wilkes said...

A lovely serene space with the the character of age.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Amy for style is incredible. Love it! So Nordic. I'm new to your blog and I am really loving it! Thanx for sharing. XX Jo

Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} said...

I homeschool my son and we "have school" in the dining room. How I would LOVE to redecorate but it's not in the budget:) Your space is lovely and serene, a great place for peaceful concentration. I also stash his books in a few bins on the floor. Like yours better though:)
coKathleen

Becky Cunningham said...

Love that gorgeous little farm table!! A beautiful spot for homeschool :) And...I'm so ready for spring!! Miss you

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
I adore this special little corner of your room, dear friend!!!. . .and yes! graduation day will come all too quickly. Savor every moment of time with your daughter as you guide and direct her educational experiences!
The box is 'priceless'!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Burlap Luxe said...

Oh i long to Find a farm table in your share and chipiness to blend right into my home. It looks amazing in your grouping here, so much rustic to inspire by.

Enjoy that table....
As well as the cow prints.

Xx
Dore

PRINCESSGREENEYE said...

Traumhaft schön - und der Tisch ist eine Sensqation!
Viele Gruesse aus Deutschland, Jacqui