Saturday, January 10, 2015

Love You More…

This is a blog post about a niece, a pillow, and a guest room. 

 

So, I have this beautiful niece who is my brother’s youngest daughter.  She is a beautiful, talented, precious young lady.  She is also one of my favorite people in the whole wide world.

 

A few years ago, she and I began the whole thing of saying “I love you”, and the other person would say, “I love you more”.

 

This year for Christmas, I bought her a pillow that said, “I love you more”.

 

Guess what she got me?

 

A pillow that said, “I love you more”.

 

gr 5

 

The perfect pillow, the perfect color..

 

gr 1

 

I just purchased this beautiful bedding from Ikea and love the simplicity of it. 

 

 

gr 10

 

I also love the pillow with the new bedding.

 

gr 16

 

gr 14

 

This room is so hard to photograph in the winter or the summer.   I know the photos are dark..sorry.

 

gr 2

 

The vintage evening bags fill in for artwork above the nightstand.

 

gr 9

 

My mother’s wedding dress hangs on a beautiful chippy rose colored door.

Her dress is even more special to me now as my father just passed away in November.

The chair belonged to my grandmother.

If you haven’t guessed by now, I am a pretty sentimental and sappy kind of gal.

 

gr 15

 

A handmade basket holds lots of old family photos from both my husband’s and my family.

 

gr 6

 

The picture was my grandmother’s who left it to me when she passed away many years ago. 

She even wrote my name on the back of it to make sure I got it when she died.

 

gr 12

 

And, behind this bottle carrier is my mother’s high school diploma.  Yes, sentimental…

 

gr 1

 

I love our simply decorated guest room.

I love the heirlooms that reside in here.

I love my new pillow that reminds me that my sweet niece loves me…

EVEN THOUGH I LOVE HER MORE.

Print

6 comments:

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Hi Amy! Sorry it has been so long since I visited. I love this post and that pillow! I also love the history and sentiment in this room. The love of family pours from this post and that is wonderful! Happy New Year :)
Blessings, Deborah

pballard said...

I love love love everything about this space. You inspire me so.

Rose L said...

Such a sweet remembrance-filled room! I am also sentimental and am starting to think about who to leave what after I am gone.

Terri said...

What a sweet gift and I love the wedding dress hanging on the door!

A Bit of Colour said...

I love everything about your room! All the family heirlooms surrounded around you is something I would do also. Always keeping family close. Sweet room!

Becky Cunningham said...

That is so sweet!! How cool, that you both got the same gift :) Such pretty colors in your guest room!! Love you and miss you!