Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Ironstone, Cotton, and Lavender

Can a person have too much ironstone? 

 

What about bundles of beautiful, fragrant, dried lavender?

 

And, what about cotton, which is one of my new favorite things to decorate with?

 

I think we all know the answer.

 

You really can’t have too much of any of these things.

 

I have fallen totally in love with white ironstone and especially love pieces with lots of crazing.

 

Lavender has always been a wonderful filler anytime of the year.

 

And, now cotton.  It’s a new yet old love  I have always loved seeing cotton fields and even have a great old cotton gathering basket.  Not until recently, however,  had I brought cotton into our home to decorate with. 

 

I have been working at a shop over a year now called High Cotton and one of the owners makes the most beautiful cotton wreaths that I have ever seen.  I love the softness it brings into a space.   Between her wreath and some cotton straight from a nearby cotton field, I am thoroughly enjoying this natural element.

 

No need to say that the following pictures include some of my favorite things.

 

ironstone 7

 

ironstone 3

 

ironstone 4

 

cotton 1

 

cotton 2

 

razor stap 2

 

ironstone 1

 

ironstone 2

 

ironstone 8

 

ironstone 9

 

ironstone 10

 

ironstone 13

 

ironstone 12

 

ironstne mantel 3

 

cotton wreath

 

lavender wreath 2

 

Above, you will see a little baby’s breath thrown in also. 

 

This is the thing…I have no silk flowers anywhere, so I have to find other things to use.  Cotton, lavender, baby’s breath, and even some beautiful dried weeds taken straight from a field, fill old mail bags, vintage trophies, and other containers throughout our home.

 

I love it all…

 

It’s been great being around a little more often.  I have missed my blogging buddies.

 

Chat again soon.

 

God bless you my friends.

Print

8 comments:

Becky Cunningham said...

You know how I LOVE and adore your ironstone collection!!! And it looks just gorgeous how you have it all stacked and pretty in your dining room! I do love the cotton, too. It all looks amazing my sister! Beautiful farmhouse decor!! LOVE & miss you tons!

Robin Johnson said...

I am totally right there with you when it comes to ironstone. There is never too much. Lavender and cotton is something I have not tried though. You make it look like I'm missing out.

Carol B. said...

Your ironstone collection is beautiful. Looking for pieces in antique shops is like a treasure hunt. :-)
And one can never go wrong with lavender.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Warmly,
Carol from WA.
Puretsimple.blogspot.com

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
I, too, love surrounding myself with my favorite things!!!
Your photography is exquisite, dear friend!!! The photo of the mantel makes me swoon!!!
Glad to have you around more frequently, too!!!
Fondly,
Pat

lala said...

You have such lovely collections which are beautifully displayed. I pass up so much ironstone simply because I have run out of space and storage area. I do have lots of lavender, and much of i is making its way into sachets and pillows - the scent is just so heavenly!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Gorgeous...I love it all!!

Anonymous said...


Ha estado un regalo el visitar tu bloc, he encontrado cosas muy interesantes, te invito a visitar el mio y disfrutes del post de esta semana como yo disfruto haciendolo, y si te gusta me encantaria que si no eres seguidora te hicieras para seguir compartiendo nuestros blogs
Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

Cindy Rasley said...

So love your style and blog! Can't wait to read and look at more! Keep it coming! Please! Blessings,Cindy