Thursday, January 8, 2015

Coziness In the Master Bedroom

I’m sure you have favorite things in your home.

 

I do.

 

One of those favorite things is my green fireplace mantel in my bedroom.

 

I love that it is the focal point when you walk through my bedroom door.

 

I have kept the decor in our bedroom to a minimum so that the furniture pieces make more of a statement than the “stuff” that’s on them.

 

When your husband says that your bedroom feels like a bed and breakfast then you know you have done pretty okay…

 

1

 

Our wedding anniversary hangs over our bed and the reminder of our devotion to God and each other.

 

6

 

8

 

I have lots of “words” hanging around our bed.  I love simple reminders of what’s  important.

 

12

 

I know, I know, I should take the television out for photographs, but the reality is that there is a tv there.  I just try to make sure it’s not a focal point.

 

15

 

16

 

17

 

20

 

21

 

24

 

25

 

27

 

The “cold nose warm heart” sign was a gift from my daughter.  Yes, it is really talking about a dog, but my nose seems to always be cold.

 

29

 

30

 

2

 

So, this is our cozy bedroom.    Nothing fancy, but just right for this “farmhouse dreamer”.

Print

11 comments:

Little Vintage Cottage said...

It looks very peaceful and restful, I think your husband is right... it feels like a bed and breakfast =)

Tania

angie said...

wow, it's beautiful bedrooms !!! I love the green color in it !!! love greetings from angie from Germany

Kerri said...

Amy,
Happy New Year! What a beautiful bedroom! And your television is hardly a focal point!

pballard said...

Love your home and love your bedroom. Thanks for such inspiration. Happy New Year!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Sooo Cozy and beautiful! I LOVE the simplistic-ness! Blessings~~~Roxie

Terri said...

This is my first time visiting. I love your bedroom! So beautiful.

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
I adore your 'coziness in the Master Bedroom', dear friend!!! Soft subtle hues make this such a tranquil place for a good night's rest.
The "cold nose, warm heart' sign make me chuckle. My beloved maternal grandmother always said I had the coldest nose, ever. She even teased of knitting me a nose warmer, but never did!
Thanks for sharing all the angles of your Master Bedroom. . .even the TV!!! Life is good!!!
Fondly,
Pat

It's me said...

Love love love your bedroom...!!!....happy weekend..!..x!

Rose L said...

So lovely, sweet and calming

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Very serene. Love it.

Shannon said...

Very cozy room!
I have that same little rocking horse-found him at Christmas time at Tractor Supply!