Thursday, December 4, 2014

Farmhouse Christmas In the Dining Room

What a wonderful time of year it is! 

 

Time to celebrate the birth of Christ.

 

Time to spend with family that you don’t get to see near enough.

 

Time to be busy yet relaxed all at the same time.

 

I do love Christmas time.

 

I have so enjoyed decorating this year with some really cool vintage Christmas pieces.

 

Spend a little time in my dining room with me today and see what I am talking about.

 

19

 

25

 

22

 

The metal Christmas tree is one of my new favorite finds. 

 

4

 

5

 

My go to place this year for my decorations has been primarily my yard. 

 

3

 

16

 

14 

 

15

 

17

 

Annie Bell is hiding underneath a vintage fur hat.  She’s a sneaky little elf with good taste.

 

27

 

19

 

 7

 

Another great find was this sleigh and four reindeer.

 

It will have to move eventually so we can set our Christmas table, but for now, I wanted it to take center stage on my great old farm table.

 

23

 

13

 

Clusters of cotton have been added to our Christmas home this year as it sweetly reminds me of fluffy white snow. 

 

1

 

The next room I want you to see is my living room, but that will be at a later since I have already bombarded you with pictures.

 

31

 

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.  I hope to start being around a little more often.

 

Christmas blessings to each of you.

 

See you soon…

Print

15 comments:

Freda Blair said...

Loved all the pictures. I think you must live in my dream house.

Have a blessed day.

Freda Kinser Blair

Freda Blair said...

I love your dining room. I think you live in my dream house. Have a blessed day.

Little Farmstead said...

I love every bit of it!!! Merry Christmas! xo, julie

White Lace and Promises said...

I want to go pickin with you. I love the rusty/crusty sleigh and reindeer. I love the tree and the wrappings under the tree. I love everything you pull together. You surely have a farmhouse Christmas. I love it! I wish I could make my junk to look like that! Merry Christmas, my friend. Continue to share your ideas.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Love your style~~~very inspiring!! And YES, Jesus is the reason for the season...He is to be celebrated! Blessings~~~Roxie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Amy,
It all looks GREAT!!! Love that new tree too and the chalkboard is my fav.

Blessings,
Linda

Stacey said...

Your dining room is just the right combination of chippy and elegant. It's beautiful!

Judy said...

It's beautiful and so tastefully done....

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

It all looks gorgeous, Amy! Christmas blessings to you.

Jeanette

Debbie said...

Just breathtaking to me. My favorite of all is the metal tree with the sled on the dresser, but I love ALL of it.

Theresa Bee said...

So lovely!! I see many treasures there!!!

angie said...

it all looks great!!!!!!! angie

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Oh, dear friend, I love the subtle touches of Christmas in your Dining Room!!!
The vintage white towel with red striping is simplistic styling, indeed!!!
The metal tree is an amazing find!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Judy said...

Oh..I'm one of the lucky ones. I get to have dinner in that beautiful room on Christmas eve. Maybe she will post a picture of her table after it is "set". The presentation of her dinner is beautiful and it makes one feel so special...Of course...I am her Mom and it makes me proud.





Anne said...

Oh my goodness Amy...everything looks so pretty!