Thursday, December 18, 2014

A “Farmhouse” Christmas On the Front Porch

Hey guys.  Hope you are all doing great.

 

I wanted to share a few more Christmas photos from our home.  This time, they will be outdoor photos.

 

I kept the outside of our home “farmhouse simple” just like the inside.

 

Greens cut from our yard fill a milk can, concrete planters, and a great vintage watering bucket. 

 

A blanket is thrown over a wicker sofa for a little coziness and a little color.

 

  A scarf mixed with greenery makes the perfect farmhouse welcome for the front door. 

 

Red and white ticking pillows sit in the two wooden rockers.  A piece of Christmas sheet music is tucked into a decorative mailbox by the front door.

 

And of course, we can’t forget my husband’s childhood sled. 

 

All of these simple touches create the perfect “non fussy” farmhouse feel that I was going for this year.

 

outside 6

 

outside 5

 

outside 4

 

My husband’s childhood sled gives such a nostalgic welcome.

 

outside 7

 

outside 2

 

outside 8

 

outside 9

 

I’m not sure my front porch could have been any more simple this year. 

 

Simple to set up and simple to take down.  Just what I like.

 

It’s almost Christmas.  Can you believe it? 

 

Let’s celebrate the birth of our Savior together!

 

Merry CHRISTmas!

Print

7 comments:

Christine said...

Just so nice your decoraton....and now we wait for the snow ! Nice evening. Christine

Marilyn Holeman said...

Simple and lovely, Amy. Merry Christmas!

Heaven's Walk said...

Simply beautiful, Amy! Merry CHRISTmas to you and your wonderful family!!

xoxo laurie

Angie Chavez said...

Your porch looks so pretty, Amy! Have a blessed Christmas!

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
You, dear friend, and I have the same theme going this year. . ."keep it simple"!!!
Your front porch is simply gorgeous!!!
I'm celebrating our Savior's Birth (many times) through song in our Chancel Choir performances!!! ...and always in my heart!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Barbara said...

Let us celebrate the gift God give us so freely, the lord Jesus Christ.. Merry Christmas and may God bless you real good, the best gift I ever received was from God, his only begotten son Jesus Christ, my Saviour and the one who took my sin away.

Lady Pamela said...

Hi Amy,
I just found your blog through Pinterest. I really had a lovely visit and spent a few quiet moments reading some of your past post. Thank you so much for inviting us into your home. It is lovely. Christmas Blessings to you and your family.
*Smiles*