Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Master Gallery Wall

Hey friends!

 

I hope you are all doing wonderful.

 

I am taking a break after doing school with my youngest and before I head back to my attic to continue cleaning and organizing.

 

I have a new addiction that I want to share with you all.

 

It’s gallery walls, and I love them.

 

I love seeing just how much stuff I can fit on one wall. 

 

One man’s clutter is another man’s bliss….right? 

 

My latest gallery creation is in my master bedroom.

 

1

 

I have kept everything else pretty simple in my bedroom.  The simple ticking slipcover on the chair.  The wonderful old blanket box.  The perfectly pale green plant stand.  Everything needed to be minimalistic, in my opinion, if I was going to have this much on the wall.

 

3

 

6

 

8

 

I love that I can take a beautiful old frame and a simply stated vintage feed sack and have instant art.

 

9

 

Mirrors are wonderful additions to any wall, I think.  The church painting came from the shop where I am blessed to be a consignor at called High Cotton Vintage Home Furnishings located in Manchester, Tennessee.  (shout out there for my friends who own this delightful shop)

 

1

 

For me, most everything in our home has a reason.  There is a reason I bring things in.  A reason I keep things.  A reason I hang things up or display them.  I am a pretty intentional gal.  Therefore, everything on this wall has a reason and I love the reasons behind everything.

 

Be blessed, my friends, and stay warm.

 

Back to the attic I go…

Print

11 comments:

Cathy Cobblestone said...

I love it Amy - it's "personal" and beautiful. I love the wreath - I've got to make one of those. I have a gallery wall at the top of my steps - it is a work in progress but I'm getting there. Love what you did - have fun cleaning out the attic! Oh, the treasures you might find!

Anonymous said...

very beautiful Amy
nelly

Faded Charm said...

Isn't it fun to gather many special items together to enjoy?

Hope all is well and that you are staying warm this Winter:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
I love the gallery wall!!!
The personalization of choices is what makes a house a home!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Robin Johnson said...

Looks fantastic. I really need to figure out a place in my house to try my hand at this. I just love the look so much.

A Bit of Colour said...

Very Nice! Especially loving the frames that you are using!

Blessings~

Kate said...

Amy

Always such a blessing to by your beautiful home. What a lovely gallery wall to enjoy everyday. Hope you are having a wonderful Winter season.

Much love
Kate
xoxo

Debbie said...

And this would be one of the reasons that I am doggedly trying to minimize the pattern, etc. in my house room by room. I want to be able to do this. The more I have "depatterned", the more my rooms have begun to be my canvas. I'm not anywhere even CLOSE to where you are, but PTL I'm not where I was a few years ago.

Love it.

I tried to count, but got lazy. Do you have a rough estimate of how many pages you used to achieve that look with your wreath? I just want to make one in the biggest kind of way. Can't decide if I want sheet music or book pages or both, but I want that aged look like yours.

Because I'm a copycat, that's why.

Junkchiccottage said...

Amy,
I love the wreath. It all is so nicely put together and reflects you. Love it all. Keep warm this week end.
Kris

Ginger said...

I love it; I just made one in my living room! The "He Calls Me Beautiful One" sign is my favorite part. I might try to copy it! :)

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

So pretty! Love your gallery walls. I hope you're doing well :)
Blessings,
Marcia