Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Upon Entering Our Christmas Home

Good morning….afternoon…evening.  Whichever it may be, I hope it’s actually beyond good.

 

The glass half full girl says that Christmas is almost here and I cannot wait.  The glass half empty girl says that Christmas is almost over and I dread that.  I love this time of year.  Yes, I know that Christmas should be in our hearts all year long, but December just seems to be a magical time for the majority of folks and I love being right in the mix of all of that “magicalness”. 

 

I am savoring the Christmas music, the Christmas lights, the Christmas goodies, even the hustle and bustle.  I am soaking it all in.  I am enjoying.  I am praising the Lord for His perfect Son Jesus and for this time to celebrate His birth.  I am holding on to all three of my children still being at home for Christmas.  I am wrapping presents, watching Christmas movies, drinking Santa’s White Christmas coffee.  I am marveling in the fact that God sent His only Son to be born so that He could die.  For me.  That’s always such a sobering thought for me.  I am trying to pick out the “just right” gifts for those that I love so much.  I want them to know how much they mean to me.  Not just by the gift but by the heart that goes into the gift.    I am sitting beside or near my Christmas tree every time I can because I love the relaxed feeling I get when I sit here looking at the lights and the delicate ornaments that hang from it’s branches.  It soothes me.  I have kept Christmas music playing for days upon days and have lit every candle that I can light to make my house smell like Christmas.  I love Christmas.  I always have.  But this year, I am holding it close to my heart…for many reasons.    Not bad reasons….just reasons.

 

I have already shared our living room and dining room simply dressed for Christmas.  Now I want to share what would welcome you if you were entering our home to celebrate with us this holiday season. 

 

Nothing fancy but filled with love for all who visit.

 

entry hallway

 

hallway 1

 

entry 4

 

entry 5

 

lola 1

 

jelly cab 2

 

entry 11

 

entry 12

 

entry 14

 

entry 18

 

Welcome friends!

 

Merry Christmas!

Print

16 comments:

pballard said...

Beautiful. Lovely home. Lovely blog. Lovely you.. Have a wonderful day.

Art and Sand said...

Your Christmas home is so warm and welcoming. I would love to drop by with some Christmas goodies for a good look around.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I have so enjoyed seeing your beautiful home decorated for Christmas! I hope you have memory making days celebrating our Savior's birth with those you love. xo Lidy

Holly said...

Everything looks so pretty. Would love to sit and chat with you. So cozy. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Kom Achterom said...

ooh so nice!!
happy week
Yolanda

Heaven's Walk said...

Wow, Amy....! It all looks so Christmasy and cozy and welcoming! Love the little blackboard sign with the vintage pipe on it. What a charming idea! :) I could see out your windows that you were having a sunshiny day and still had green grass. What a treat THAT was for me! lol We have about 12" of snow on the ground with more coming this weekend. To be honest with you, I am quite over it and am ready for spring. However....winter hasn't even officially started yet. Ugh. lol

Have a blessed Christmas, my friend! And thank you for your friendship!

xoxo laurie

Junkchiccottage said...

Amy,
It is all so pretty. Love every inch of your decor.
Beautiful. Have a very Merry Christmas.
Kris

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Just beautiful!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It is beautiful Amy! How lovely to see your tree right as you walk in the door!
I love Christmas time too. I'm always so sad and startled when I turn on the radio after Christmas and the station has stopped playing Christmas music.
It makes me so happy running errands in December when I get to sing Christmas carols in between stores.

Robin Johnson said...

Photos of your home always delight me and Christmastime is no exception. You have done a wonderful job of mixing your vintage favorites with your holiday decor. It all looks so pretty and festive.

Marilyn Holeman said...

Merry Christmas, Amy!

Becky Cunningham said...

It is so magical entering your Christmas home, Amy! I love every little detail. That pipe is amazing. Such a cool addition with the chalkboard poem. I love the garland and burlap stockings. And I love seeing your home this time of year, because it makes me feel like I'm there with you.
We are soaking up all the Christmas, too. Music, decorating cookies, wrapping, it is so fun this time of year. Trying to get my little ones well now before Santa shows up :)
Hug everyone for me

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Gorgeous Entry, dear friend!!!
I absolutely adore the pipe with the slate!!! So~o~o simplistic and sweet!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Carolyn said...

Your home is so beautiful! As is the sentient of your feelings of Christmas. We are so blessed that such a Mighty God would care enough to send His only Son to save us.
Merry Christmas1

Barbara said...

Very lovely, have a very Merry Christmas, and may we sing his praises.

White Lace and Promises said...

Christmas week was so busy with the children home that I didn't see this post! Beautiful, just beautiful! You are so gifted and you always are so inspiring. Love you girlie and hope your new year is a happy one.

Bonnie