Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Kitchen

It’s almost Christmas….four more days to be exact.  My youngest tells me how many days are left first thing every morning.  The sweet anticipation of a child. (and her mommy)

 

I have to say again that I am so enjoying my simple, relaxing Christmas décor this year in our home.  It’s so low key compared to previous years that I am really not ready to put it all away.  I am typically a day after Christmas start taking things down kind of girl, but I don’t think it will be that way this year.  I may hang on a little longer.

 

If you are interested in seeing some more of our home take a look here, here and here

 

Now for a few photos of Christmas in our kitchen.

 

kt 1

 

kt 3

 

kt 7

 

kt 8

 

kt 6

 

cookies 2

 

Our favorite chocolate chip cookies.  “Aunt B’s” homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe is the one we use.

 

bs 4

 

baking station 5

 

cabinet 3

 

punch 1

 

I have hosted an ornament swap with a few of my special friends for at least fifteen years.  This Christmas punch recipe is always served and always enjoyed.  Cranberry juice, orange juice, sprite, and fresh cranberries. 

 

straws 1

 

punch 2

 

cookies 1

 

I had to show the cookies again because they make me think of a very special person that I wish I could spend Christmas with this year.  These are in honor of my sweet red headed sister/friend, Becky.

 

kt 2

 

nativity 1

 

And the most important part of Christmas…sweet baby Jesus!

 

Without Him, I would be nothing!

 

Merry Christmas dear friends…

 

Love from Tennessee.

Print

17 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love it! Merry Christmas!

http://knickknackpaddywack.blogspot.com said...

Any chance to get the recipe? i searched becky's clog and couldn't find it! MerryChristmas!

BlueClearSky Elizabeth said...

Lovely! The vintage bottles on the table are look so pretty with the sprigs of berries. I can easily see most of this transitioning nicely to a winter look. Merry Christmas!

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Tranquility at its finest in your Christmas Kitchen, dear friend!
My favorite is the Nativity! We moved On Crooked Creektt on Dec. 14 many years ago. with everything in boxes, I searched until I found the Nativity. I placed it on the built~in buffet and glady announced. . ."Now, we can celebrate Christmas!" The only other Christmasy thing was our Lodge Tree. . .without a single light or ornament. But it didn't matter, because the Reason for the Season was the center of our lives and our new home!
Your punch bowl, tiered galvanized server and paper napkins look so inviting, welcoming. . .
Merry Christmas, dear friend!
Fondly,
Pat

Becky Cunningham said...

That sweet baby Jesus just makes me smile! It's really hard not being with you on Christmas this year...probably because it's been 6 months since we've gotten to be together.
It sure makes me happy to know you bake those cookies and think of me :) I am so happy you share those yummy cookies at your Christmas gatherings. I so wish I could be at the ornament swap. ONE DAY!
I Miss you so badly!! Hope your party is fun. Oh, and that punch looks so delicious!

Diana Lucas said...

Beautiful kitchen-love the grain sack table runner with the green bottles and red berries. I, too, would love to have your recipe for the chocolate chip cookies, they look delicious!

It's me said...

Amen !!!...enjoy Christmas darling...love your home...always !!..love from me Ria...x !

born ambitious. born imaginative. said...

So cozy and comforting, but so much style at the same time too!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love the decor! The table looks beautiful.

Merry Christmas Amy!
Pam

LLH Designs said...

Love that little nook with the jars of peppermint pieces. Makes me want to bake something and I'm not even a baker! Merry, merry Christmas to you! xo!

Anne Lorys said...

Goodness me, I love everything about this!
XOXO,
Anne

Debbie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Amy, and a very Happy New Year too. As usual, I love your touches all through the post.

I, too, don't want to put my decorations away this year. Mine are somewhat colorful but so much "me" for the first time in years that I want to just sit with my cocoa & cozy up with them.

I think that's the key for me, and I have "learned" it from you. (Whatever you do, make it YOU, and not someone else.) I am still in the process of bringing my home and life back to that.

Excuse my ramble. Hope it makes sense. It's just that you were my initial inspiration, and I wanted to say THANK YOU for inspiring me to make my home truly mine. For the first time in years, my Christmas fits my home because my home is starting to fit me.

Deanna said...

Howdy from Kansas!
Hope your Christmas was very MERRY!
May 2014 be a super year for you.

Fun to see how you deck your home out for this festive holiday. Looks wonderful.

I am going to have to check out more about Tamela Mann....love her song you have on here.

God bless and so glad you blog,
d

Barbara said...

I just love it, such a nice Country kitchen, nothing better in my book, your home is so inviting and cozy, a girl after my own heart. Have a blessed new Year..

Jacobjac said...

Great interior. Christmas punch looks great. We prepared the same when we moved to our new home . It is really very good.

Melissa C said...

I have always enjoyed your photos of your sweet home, you have a talent for this sweet style.
Happy New Year to you!

dave said...

Hi
It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information about regarding . Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks