Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Little Christmas In Our Dining Room

Hi friends!

 

Man, it’s been amazing spending time with my blogging friends.  I have really missed our time together.

 

Thank you so much for your wonderfully kind comments about our Christmas living room.

 

Today, I would love to show you our dining room.  Again, nothing too much and definitely nothing fancy.  But, I am totally in love with our simple, comfortable Christmas this year. 

 

Our home is so relaxing to me right now.  Does that make sense? 

 

I know it does to some of you.

 

Let’s just start off with my sweet friend Lola all decked out in her white vintage apron and winter wrap.

 

lola 7

 

lola 4

 

The cotton reminds me of fluffy snow and I love that.

 

jelly cab 1

 

jelly cab 2

 

Simple wrapped packages in the “just right” container.  Love…

 

mailbag 1

 

Notice the silver pitcher…..got that idea at the City Farmhouse Barn Sale in the fall. 

 

buffet 5

 

dining room 1

 

dr 5

 

Pinecones in a vintage dough bowl with a few ornaments placed inside…. Easy centerpiece. 

 

dr table 3

 

dr ladder 1

 

dr table 4

 

dr 6

 

chalk

 

In November, this chalkboard held our list of prepositions…

 

Now it holds CHRISTMAS!!

 

chalkboard 5

 

chalkboard 7

 

dr table 2

 

Let me just say thank you for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me.  I hope in some small way that something you saw or read while here made you smile. 

 

Be blessed my friends.  See you soon with our kitchen and our entryway. 

Print

15 comments:

Jill said...

It may be "simple" in style but that comes from a lot of hard work! Well done!

Keeping It Cozy said...

Your dining room looks so beautiful, Amy... I've loved looking at your Christmas decor this year! As always, every detail is just perfect. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Carolyn said...

Soooooooo pretty! I love doing things in a simple style. Looks fantastic!
Merry Christmas!

Curtains in My Tree said...

your chalk board with the little stockings is adorable

Kate said...

Oh Amy its beautiful!!

I love Lola and everything else. all the touches are pure perfection. So much love in your home thank you again for such a lovely blessing to take a peek at your holiday home.

Love
Kate
xoxo

pballard said...

Love it all. Such inspiration... Blessings to you over Christmas and the New Year.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

So lovely! I adore the feminine mirrors in the room and the giant chalk board is a fantastic piece!

Becky Cunningham said...

Lola is gorgeous all decked out in her Christmas formal attire :) I love your dining room! It's simple and cozy and relaxing too. Love all the words on the chalkboard! And the pitcher hanging from the frame is a darling idea :)
Love you bunches!!!!

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Lovin' the simplistic and calming color paletteand decor, dear friend!!!
Lots of things made me smile:
*Lola,
*Silver Pitcher & frame
*Dough bowl filled with pinecones
*Cotton in the blue glass jars
*The words on the Chalkboard
Making lots of lists these days!!!
But the thing that made me smile the most is that you are enjoying your home at Christmas!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Junkchiccottage said...

It is all Gorgeous Amy. Great job. Love it.
Kris

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Your home is so pretty. I love that big round mirror in your dining room!

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Every shabby white piece is just perfect. Love your style girl!! That chalkboard is awesome :D

Linsey

Diana Lucas said...

I love your style, Amy. It looks so easy but it takes time to place everything just so-looks perfect! Merry Christmas and blessings for the new year.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Hello Amy,
What a wonderful room you have here. Gotta say...I luv that chalkboard! I went simple this year too and it's really a nice feel. Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
Linda

LLH Designs said...

Your creativity makes my heart happy! I just love seeing the ways you are uniquely made to bring beauty into this world. (And loved watching it action in person at the City Farmhouse barn show. Love the pitcher, by the way!) xoxo!