Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Using Dried Flowers

Hey my friends.

I really wanted to share a favorite thing of mine with you all today.

Of course, I love fresh flowers, but I also love dried flowers and think they make a beautiful filler in a variety of containers.

Take a look at some of the places I use them…

herley 1

farm table 1

hydrangeas 1

hydrangeas 2

farm table 2

dresser

drop leaf 1

hydrangeas 3

roses 5

roses 2

Love me some dried flowers.

Guess what I got today?

Cotton stalks…like straight from the ground cotton stalks.  Oh, how I cannot wait to do something with that beautiful, soft, perfect cotton.

I’ll show you when I figure out where it’s going to go.

Another cool thing I want to share….

I have been asked to be a part of a brand new shop that’s opening up in our area.  It is on the beautiful historic square of Manchester, Tennessee. 

The name…High Cotton. 

Isn’t that an awesome name? 

I will be consigning some of my wonderful vintage treasures and some of my repurposed and upcycled items.

If you are around this area on November 16, stop by High Cotton on the square in Manchester and say hello.

Be blessed my friends.

Joining the Shabby Nest, Common Ground
Print

9 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

Love everything! I love the dried roses especially and the old, pretty ironstone creamer/pitcher. You do beautiful work and you are beautiful inside and out. God has surely blessed you and with this gift you bless others. Thank you so much!

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

Beautiful photos of your dried flowers, Amy. What exciting news about High Cotton! What a great opportunity to share your beautiful things. If I only I lived closer...:)

BECKY said...

Love all of the wonderful details, Amy! Just looks charming and full of character. Praying God's best for you and your new venture! I'm sure it will be great!
Hugs,
Becky

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Your dried flowers are stunning, dear friend!!!
I'm thrilled that you were able to find real cotton!!!
Looking forward to seeing how you use them in your fabulous decor!
Congratulations on your newest adventure in retail!!!
Much $uccess!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Kate said...

Dearest Amy
What a beautiful post to inspire our hearts. Congratulations on your newest chapter! May God guide you and bring you joy and blessings each and every step of the way my sweet friend.

Prayers for you
Kate
xoxo

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Hello Amy,
I too luv me some dried flowers. I need some more cotton...maybe on my way home from the beach today...I will get me some left over cotton. Hey...I got that blouse in grey and red...yes I now have the same blouse in three colors:) Going to see if High Cotton has a facebook page.

Blessings,
Linda

Custom Comforts said...

Lovely use of dried flowers - each one unique and beautiful in it's lovely setting.
Cindy

Karen said...

Hi, so happy for you and "High Cotton"! I live in Shelbyville, TN and hope to get over your way and see your shop!

Katie Mansfield said...

Well, somehow in almost two years of blogging and blog hopping, I somehow missed your blog. I see in your comments some of the blogs I love to visit so I'm not clear how I missed you in a lot of mutual visiting, linking and commenting. I love all your vintage collectables and I've enjoyed your evolution of style as I went back into your archives and started at the beginning. I am a new follower. I don't know how you had time to blog, homeschool with all the other stuff you had going on. I will be back to peek back at the fabulous vignettes you create.
My husband finally let me paint my orange oak cabinets after I convinced him that oak wouldn't be back in style in that color in our lifetime. Have you tried staining them a little with black paint? Holly at Down to Earth Style has a great way to darken oak.