Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fall In Our Dining Room

I have so enjoyed having a few extra minutes this week to get back in touch with my blogging friends.

 

Just wanted to share a few more photos of fall around our house.

 

These pictures are from our dining/school room.

 

scale 1

 

table 1

 

table 2

 

buffet 2

 

buffet 3

 

buffet 5

 

buffet 7

 

chalkboard 3

 

chalkboard 2

 

chalkboard 1

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

 

I have to say how refreshing it is for me to not feel “obligated” (for lack of a better word) to have to blog two or three times a week. 

 

Who was I obligated to? 

 

Myself….

 

I have let myself off the hook and it’s freeing to me to just blog when I want to and not because I feel like I have to. 

 

Again…all pressure was pressure I put on myself.

 

Hey, let me tell you real quickly what I am doing tomorrow through Saturday.

 

I am going to be helping at THIS amazing pop-up Barn Sale hosted by City Farmhouse out of Franklin, Tennessee. 

 

Who I am helping?

 

Linsey from LLH Designs

 

Linsey and I became friends around this time last year when God truly brought us together.  Like really put us in the same store at the same time and so on and so on.  Really cool story.

 

I cannot wait!!

 

I will be helping Linsey set up her booth and work it on Friday and Saturday.   She thinks I am doing her a favor by helping.  I am trying to explain to her how amazingly excited I am and that she is really doing me a favor by allowing me to help her.

 

There will be vendors from all over that I hope to meet.  Joy from Savvycity Farmer will even be there.  Can’t wait to meet her.

 

Excitement…excitement.  I love the excitement and the adventure. 

Print

23 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very nice !

Christine Vandormolen said...

BEAUTIFUL inspiration here!!!! Christine from Little Brags

Lin R said...

I wish I could go to the sale in Franklin and meet you, but I have had foot surgery and have to be off my foot for 8 weeks! I know it will be an awesome event. I live about 30 miles from Franklin. Also Amy can you tell me what that is you used to display your plates please? I love your dining room! I hope the leaves will have started turning for you. Frankin is a beautiful little town and I know you will love it.

Peggy said...

I'm from Houston - headed to Franklin tomorrow to visit my mother. I hope to meet you (and Linsey) on Friday when I am at the Barn Show!

Becky Cunningham said...

How I love your Fall dining room, Amy! It's simple and gorgeous...and the colors are warm and inviting.
I know you must be so very excited to be at the Pop Up Barn Sale!! You are going to have a blast...and meet so many sweet bloggers. So wish I could be there, too. Sending lots of hugs

AntiqueChase said...

love the photos... I don't blog very often either

LLH Designs said...

Oh, girl, you are a HUGE blessing! I've been talking about you all week...how God crossed our paths in RH, how you have this gift and love of styling, how you love Jesus, how you said YES to my crazy proposal! I just can't believe I get to spend this time with you. The guest room is ready for you, sweet friend! xo!

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

How luvly Amy..
I too was stressing myself out feeling as if I had to blog w certain amount of times a month or week. NO... I blog when it suits my fancy.
Wishing you lots of hreat sales at the Barn Sale. Have a blast..
Hugs, Gee

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your home is so well put together - so many pretty touches. Have fun at the Barn Sale - it sounds amazing - wish I was nearby. Have fun with Linsey - she is so full of talent too!

irish juanitas said...

very beautiful! love it!

try also to visit this website.
Visit Modern Living
everything about home. Thank you. Godbless!

irish juanitas said...

very beautiful! love it!

try also to visit this website.
Visit Modern Living
everything about home. Thank you. Godbless!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Sounds wonderful and exciting.
Glad you're able to take the time you need for your family and without any pressure from blogging.
People will always stop by to see what you have to say...because of your hospitality.
I love the green chalkboard!!!
...and hey, thanks for following me on instagram! Pat

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Fall looks beautiful in your home! I'm glad you've taken the pressure off yourself, so you can just enjoy your blog. You're a talented blogger Amy!
Blessings,
Marcia

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
LOVED seeing "Prepositions" up on your chalkboard!!!
Love, love, love the mirror with frames...dimensional elegance!!!
Fondly,
Pat

savvycityfarmer said...

well we did it!!!

let's chat when you pop back up for air ... just got home and all unloaded

can u feel my {hug}

Deanna said...

Blessings to you.
It sure looks like Autumn in your haven.
God bless,
d

Sherpa Sean said...

The Evanston, IL real estate boom is getting out of hand. This arrangement that you have in your dining room looks like a lot of stuff that they have there in Evanston as far as interior design is concerned.

Elegant Ground Homeware said...

I love the arrangement, so stylish! I wish my home will be just as fabulous :D I just got a new apartment and I'm so excited about decorating! Please do an inspiration board for 1000 thread count flat sheet or bedroom style inspiration!

Elegant Ground Homeware said...

Love the design ideas :) Just got a new apartment and I'm excited about decorating but I don't know where to start. Please do an inspiration board for 1000 thread count flat sheet or bedroom style inspiration, thanks!

Rebecca said...

Your home for fall is just lovely Amy. I am so happy to come visit and to tell you what a sweet spirit you have, the Lord just loves that about you!
Blessings today
Rebecca

born ambitious. born imaginative. said...

It's good to go at your own pace. That's clever using a plate rack to display on the mantle. Fun idea!

Pamela said...

Amy your fall dining room is beautiful!

Shannon said...

Love the chalkboard in the dining room. Had to smile at the list of prepositions-same part of grammar one of my kiddos is going over!