Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Another School Year in the Dining Room

Hey friends!

Keith is home.

School has begun…at least a modified version because we are fixing to leave for a beach vacation!

Can I just shout out loud about that last sentence?

The one about the beach vacation.

Did I mention that all of us will be together? 

Woo hoo and woo hoo. 

Now back to the school part.

Faith and I do school in the dining room, the living room, her room…really all over the house.  The main place is in the dining room.  That’s where I keep our books for that school year and it’s where I have hung this new treasure that I bought from my uncle. 

3

Totally in love.

Yes, it’s great for me to look at but it’s also very practical for our schooling.

Whether it’s used for school or just random notes to my family, I will use this baby a whole lot.

1

8

I love words!

I love having messages, scriptures, reminders…one word or many words, it doesn’t matter.

2

Words in a school room are great.

Words in a dining room/school room are great.

5

A high school diploma earned by Miss Elizabeth Greene in the year 1898 adorns one of our walls. 

6

A simple wooden cross made by my oldest daughter needs no words.  It speaks volumes to our family.

4

So thankful for another year to teach my girl.  Love being able to teach her at home.

As for our other two homeschoolers…they are now both college students. 

Wow!!

Linking up at Timewashed.

****Adding this note***

I will be hosting an exciting and (cozy) giveaway coming up within the next few days.  Come back and check it out later.
Print

14 comments:

Churaipon Chintakanont Klaijumlang said...


Hi, This is Churaipon from Chiang Rai, Thailand. I am writing to let you know that I really appreciate your blog. I love what you have shared, through your thoughts, photos and music. Thank you for your love for the Lord, for it is very encouraging. Your sweet spirit is very touching. Praise the Lord!

Have a beautiful day and the rest of the summer!

Churaipon Chintakanont Klaijumlang said...


Hi, This is Churaipon from Chiang Rai, Thailand. I am writing to let you know that I really appreciate your blog. I love what you have shared, through your thoughts, photos and music. Thank you for your love for the Lord, for it is very encouraging. Your sweet spirit is very touching. Praise the Lord!

Have a beautiful day and the rest of the summer!

It's me said...

You have teach me too today....what a whise words...may i use that picture for my fb page...often times etc...???...love Ria...x !!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh how I remember those days!
We had a white board on the kitchen door in my eat in kitchen ...no dining room. :/
But... I just painted it black with chalk board paint. My kids are all grown now...but I'll be doing a little bit of schooling with my Littles... until I guess they go to school or Momma and Daddy decide to homeschool.
Funny, I thought all my kids would grow up and naturally want to homeschool their children. It hasn't been that way ...so far. ;)
Love the Green Chalk board... have a wonderful exciting school year!
Pat

JAPAN SAMURAI said...

Hello
My heart is healed in the music of blog always.
THANK YOU so much :-)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a charming place for a classroom...luv that wonderful chalk board.

Blessings,
Linda

Keeping It Cozy said...

I love your chalkboard and entire dining room, Amy! You are such an inspiration... I'm so grateful for all your help as I start home-schooling this year! Have a WONDERFUL vacation!

Anne said...

Wow another school year started hard to believe isn't it! Yes my daughter headed back too! I will miss her :-(
xx
Anne

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
I am thrilled that you are teaching your daughter in her classroom of your dining room.
I taught in the public school system most of my employment, but those years I worked as a Home Visitor of parents teaching within their own homes was extremely rewarding!!!
Especially today, you bless me with making this sacrifice and ensuring your daughters highest standard of education!!! May God abundantly bless you this school year!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Tricia said...

It feels like summer just flew...it's hard to believe that a new school year is upon us. My kids start the day after Labor day, so we're trying to squish everything in that we can. Enjoy your time at the beach! That sounds wonderful :)

Debbie said...

Can I say that I totally relate to the pure joy of having the whole family together? I love every (precious) minute of it that I get.

As for your wonderful, wordful, decorating, that's what I love about your style. It tells a story. THAT'S what I want my house to do.

Avery Schlacter said...

This looks like a great blog and I love what you've done with the home. I'm hoping I can find Calgary new homes like this.

Melissa C said...

I just think this is so awesome that you have schooled your children, what a blessing for all of you. Have a blast on your BEACH vacation!!!
I will love to see all your photos!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love that quote on the small chalkboard. A great school year to you both!