Monday, July 22, 2013

One Change Changes Another

I know it’s the same for you.

 

You change one room, and then that changes another room and so on and so on.

 

My oldest daughter likes change just as much as her mama does. 

 

She gets bored with a “style”.  I get bored with a vignette. 

 

She has gone from sporty to Frenchy and now to a more eclectic look. 

 

She really has a great decorating sense.  She likes to make her room like an apartment of sorts.  It’s her refuge.

 

I am going to show you pictures soon of her room (when it’s clean)  so you can see what I’m talking about, but for today I am going to show you the change that changing her room brought about.  Whew…that was a mouthful.

 

You see, when Beth changed her room, she gave all of her stuff to Faith for her room.  In turn, I took a lot of Faith’s things and put them in my guest room. 

 

So because of Beth’s change up, we changed two other rooms.  Fun huh???

 

The cool thing is that I totally loved Faith’s bedding in her room.  And, I spent way too much money on it not to use it somewhere.  (I rarely spend much money on bedding but I did on hers so I couldn’t just stash it away)

 

I also pulled other things from Faith’s room because she went from a ruffledy shabby chic look to a bright, fun, almost hippy kind of look.

 

Moving and reusing is certainly the way to go.

 

Can I also just say how nice it is when your child can get a job and pay for a lot of their own things?  Room change ups don’t cost me anything for Beth anymore because she uses her own money. 

 

It worked out well also  because Beth “sold” Faith all of her old room stuff for a very small price so that Faith could claim ownership to the new things in her bedroom. 

 

Good system. 

 

Beth’s change worked out well for all of us.

 

8

 

4

 

11

 

5

 

14

 

16

 

12

 

7

 

1

 

So glad you stopped by.

 

I pray today and everyday that you remember just how much the King of Kings loves you, His princess.

Print

26 comments:

Debbie said...

Not only is the room really lovely to me, but I also love the whole part about your older daughter having and tweaking her own style and selling the stuff to little sister so she truly feels as if she owns it. That is probably the best part. What a wise young lady you've raised, Amy!

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Oh Amy, I love that bedding!!!! I'm anxious to see both Faith and Beth's changes in their rooms. And how fun for Beth - I think it is one of the most fun things to do when you are making your own money - put it in your house (or bedroom as the case may be)! Hugs - ~Dori ~

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

How beautiful... a sanctuary . Luv it!
Hugs, Gee

Art and Sand said...

The room is lovely. I wouldn't have minded tucking in there yesterday to read when the weather at the beach was cold (almost turned on the heater).

B E A U T I F U L ! ! !

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Crazy over the bedspread! Beautiful!

Elizabeth BlueClearSky said...

That is a very pretty and inviting room. The bedding looks so pretty and snuggly. You have some nesters already and they sound like they are being prepared for caring for their own homes one day.

Patty Sumner said...

How lovely and yes, it is nice that you could use it in another room..looks comfy and cozy. Yes, I know the Kings of Kings love me...His Princess.. Blessings!

Stacey said...

That's one gorgeous room! I don't blame you for reusing the bedding. It's lovely.

Always enjoy your music. :)

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Love this bedding~ so pretty.
I could pile up on that bed and relish the thought of being a princess of the King! (...well, I relish that thought anyway...but a princess bed makes it all good)
:)
Pat

Marilyn Holeman said...

I'd be a guest in this room any day! Just lovely. From one princess to another, be blessed.

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
I adore how you've "changed" things in your Guest Room, dear friend!!!
The chair is similar to my MoMa's chair. . .except mine needs to be re~upholstered terribly!!!
Love the bedding, the mirrors and print arrangement on the wall!!!
King of Kings, indeed! I'm a Child of the King, Praise His name!
Fondly,
Pat
P.S. Sweet dreams, dear one!

Heaven's Walk said...

What a peaceful, serene, feminine room, Amy! It's fun to "shop your house" and change things up, isn't it? I'm constantly doing that in my living room. :) Great job, sweetie!

xoxo laurie

Becky Cunningham said...

Oh Amy I love how the bedding looks in the guest room! It really is beautiful in there. I love all the changes...the lamp is so pretty in the corner. We get to enjoy all of your sprucing up!! Can't wait!
So proud of Beth making over her room again. I can't wait to see Faith's too!
And I will in 2 days :) Yay!!
See you all soon

Ginger said...

Pretty!

Ginger said...

Pretty!

Melissa C said...

Oh my! the bedding is simply beautiful! I think I say that way too much here, but really I have no other words!!! I just love it!

Dixie said...

Absolutely lovely!

Cinlyn said...

Beautiful!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

What an amazing room..and what a way to start and end your day! I love that postcard pillow!!!! x0

Sadie Udy said...

What a pretty room. I love the bed spread and the mirror and frames on your wall!

Symanthia J said...

I am so enjoying your Blog Music...

Pamela said...

Everything looks beautiful Amy!

Bernideen said...

Loved visiting your blog - wonderful!!!

LLH Designs said...

I love moving things from room to room! The best way to redecorate in my book. I don't do it often because I don't get bored or crave change very often, but when I do, I love how fresh old things feel in a new spot! I love that your daughter considers her room decor a worthy use of her hard earned money. xo!

Lena Schlabach said...

Beautiful! You are very gifted Amy:)

Gie said...

Vintage and beautiful. As always, it feels great to visit and read your blog again.

Georgina @ Starmax Online