Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Buckets of Burlap Barn Sale- Girl Time Tuesday

Hey friends!

 

It’s been awhile.

 

The summer seems to be flying by.  I have been going non-stop all summer and finally get to have a little break for a few days.  Then, the rush starts back up. 

 

I had to take a minute and share a dream.  Yes, it was someone else’s dream, but I was blessed to be included in this dream.

 

sale 23

 

My sister/friend, Becky from Buckets of Burlap, had a dream to have a barn sale.   I won’t even start to try to put her dream into words, but I will tell you that this dream came true for her and her family.

 

It also came true for me because I have been praying with her about this dream for two years now.  What a blessing to see something like this come to fruition after praying about it for so long and knowing the desire of her heart to make this happen.

 

sale 12

 

My friends, it will come as no surprise that this first ever Buckets of Burlap Barn Sale was beyond fabulous.  Becky and her husband have “the touch”.  Becky dreams it up and her husband brings it to life.  They are a GREAT team!  Then you throw in three precious children who also have wonderful gifts to add to the mix and you have near perfection.

 

sale 15

 

Friends, let me just tell you what I think…I think this is just the beginning.  Oh, I wish I could share all of the thoughts in my heart about what I think is yet to come, but I will just keep them to myself and then tell you if I was right.  (lol)

 

Now, let me take you on a little tour.  I promise, my photos don’t do this Barn Sale justice. 

sale 6

 

sale 24

 

Such good help from Becky’s daughters and one of my daughters.

 

sale 7

 

Everything was styled to perfection.

 

sale 5

 

sale 22

 

Friends helped in so many areas to help make this sale a success.  Did I mention that there was even valet parking?  Oh yeah…top notch customer service.

 

sale 4

 

sale 2

 

sale 1

 

I so wish you could have been there to enjoy what I was able to enjoy.  Every detail was full of beauty. 

 

You would have loved it!

 

I loved being there! 

 

I loved watching a dream come true for my “sister”.

 

****

 

This is going to be my last Girl Time post for the summer unless there is just something real special that I feel led to share.  My attention is needed in some other places right now.

 

****

 

Be blessed my friends.

Print

19 comments:

helen tilston said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful successful story. The Barn Sale is unique and dream like. I would love to have been there. Wishing you a joyful summer and continued blessings

Helenxx

Debbie said...

If I told you that I had a quickening in my spirit as I read this, would you know what I mean? I did and hope you do.

I need a sister/friend to earnestly pray with me about a dream in my heart the way you did with Becky. I have a (real, flesh and blood)sister/friend, but I am so odd that I haven't really shared my heart about something with her. I am just vague about it. When she gets back in town, I'm sharing.

I love this post so much. I'm so glad it was a success.

Debbie said...

If I told you that I had a quickening in my spirit as I read this, would you know what I mean? I did and hope you do.

I need a sister/friend to earnestly pray with me about a dream in my heart the way you did with Becky. I have a (real, flesh and blood)sister/friend, but I am so odd that I haven't really shared my heart about something with her. I am just vague about it. When she gets back in town, I'm sharing.

I love this post so much. I'm so glad it was a success.

It's me said...

It look great Amy...love those watering cans !!!...love Ria...x !

Keeping It Cozy said...

Oh, Amy, it looks amazing! How wonderful you got to be there for such a fun day!

andrea@townandprairie said...

What a beautiful family and such lovely things for sale!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

How wonderful Amy! This barn sale looks amazing, as is no surprise considering Becky's talent. Wish I could have gone if only I lived closer. I'm sure your presence and support meant the world to Becky and her family. You girls all looked so cute!
xo, Susan

Becky Cunningham said...

Wow Amy...you told our story so sweetly :) All I can say is THANK YOU!! You have been my "cheerleader" since the Lord put this dream in my heart. Thanks for praying, thanks for being bold enough to contact me, and thanks for being here for the first one-you worked so hard!! It was successful because of your support. Have I told you how much appreciate you coming?? Well...it's quite amazing that it all came together like it did, and having y'all here was the icing on the cake :) We give GOD all the glory...for the ideas, for the carpentry skills, for the people who love & support us. HE has blessed us so!! Let's pray for many more Barn Sales...
LOVE you lots! Enjoy some down time, you deserve it :)

Sandi said...

How fun for you both! The tresors look amazing!! LOVING your song choice also. I adore that song!!
Blessings~

Sandi said...

I am just camping out here on your page for awhile to listen to "Bless the Lord oh my soul"...over and over. LOVE that song!! :)

Holly said...

Oh I wish I would have been able to browse the sale and shop! It looks amazing! So glad this dream came true for her.

savvycityfarmer said...

so much work, so many rewards!!

I am always inspired here .... and you both make my heart beat a little faster!

sisters in the Lord .... scf
xoxoxo

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

It looks so wonderful, Amy. I'm happy to hear about a dream coming true! You are a good friend, indeed :)

Jeanette @ Creating a Life

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

How totally wonderful! And of course it was a success - just look at all that great stuff! Wish I could have come!

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
What an amazing experience, dear friend!!!
Yes, the styling was elegantly done. . .even for a Barn $ale!!! I would have loved to have been able to attend!!!
Lovely family!!! I especially loved the photo of the "girls"!!!
I admire all the teaching and learning that the two of you are passing to your children!!!
Thank you for sharing with us!!!
EnJOY your Summer!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Melissa C said...

oh how I would have loved to shop and chat it up with you girls! ALL is so beautiful!

LLH Designs said...

There is so much I am loving about this whole story...about the sharing in a friend's dream, about the beauty, the friendship, the prayers. You are a gem of a friend, and it sounds like she is, too! Thank you, Lord, for these women who look to you and are radiant!

Cinlyn said...

Beautiful story! Looks like my kind of sale!

Ida said...

This is fantastic!