Friday, June 14, 2013

My Summer Mantel, A Horse and a Pillow

Strange mix of things in that title, isn’t it?

 

I wanted to share my summer mantel because I am so thrilled to have an abundance of lavender growing and some gorgeous purple hydrangeas as well.

 

mantel 4

 

mantel 5

 

mantel 6

 

mantel 7

 

mantel 4

 

I love the purple!!!

 

Now for my “new” horse…

 

horse yes 1

 

Bought this fella at Goodwill the other day.  I don’t have any idea what it’s made out of, but it’s heavy.  It also only cost me $3.99 so I was happy to bring him home.

 

Another recent find was a beautiful old feather pillow that I got from an estate sale.

 

pillow 1

 

Handmade beautiful pillow filled with feathers.

 

pillow 2

 

I bought some great old linens at this estate sale.  Oh the treasures she had throughout her home.

 

Now a little update…

 

My husband’s surgery went very well and he is on the mend.   God took great care of him and for that, I am so thankful.  He is actually well enough that I am going to Louisiana next week to help my sisterfriend with her long awaited barn sale.  It’s really an unexpected treat that I get to go.

 

Thank you so much for praying for Donnie.  I so appreciate everyone who left a kind and encouraging word.

 

Because of my trip to Louisiana  and a few other time challenging commitments, I am taking the next two Tuesdays off from Girl Time.  I know, you are going to miss it, right?  Maybe…just a little bit.  I will miss that time together, but I will be back. 

 

Boy, there are a lot of things going on in this girl’s life right now.  All good things, but lots of them. 

 

Did I tell you that I got to go see our son at the camp he is working at  for the summer?  We drove three and a half hours this past Saturday and got to spend the night with him and spend Sunday with him.  We then drove three and a half hours back home.  A day and a half was not long, but it was needed for this mama.  I needed to see him.  Nine more weeks to go…

 

Okay, enough words.

 

Be blessed my friends.  Keep your eyes on Him!!

Print

20 comments:

pballard said...

So glad your husband is doing good, so glad you get to go help with the barn sale. Did I mention I am also so glad to have your blog inspire each day with its beauty and your faith! Love the horse and pillow!

Down to Earth Style said...

One of these days I am going to grow my own lavender - it's so beautiful - love your new/old horse and pillow, too. Great style you have going on.

Faded Charm said...

So glad to hear your husband is doing well and love your mantel display. I'm really loving purple flowers this year as well:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

It's me said...

Wowwww...i love it all...happy weekend Amy !!..love Ria...x !!

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

You have an amazing eye for putting things together Amy. Your mantel looks fabulous. I missed the post about your hubby. I am glad he is on the mend.

xoxo
Sumaya

chateau chic said...

Your hydrangea and lavender are gorgeous on your mantel.
So glad you husband is doing well so you can go to Becky's barn sale.
Mary Alice

Heaven's Walk said...

What a beautiful mantel, Amy! Love the mix of purples there! You're so lucky to be able to grow lavender. It just doesn't do well up here in MI. :) Have fun with Becky, girlie! I know you two are as close as sisters could be! ♥

xoxo laurie

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
Thanks so much for the update on Donnie. . .Praise the Lord he is on the mend!!!
EnJOY your time away! YES!!! I will miss you!!!
Believe me, I understand your 3 1/2 hours to see your son!!! It's the same time distance to see my Dad...we do it all in ONE day!!!Makes for one tired "old gray mare" the next day!!! Ha!
Love the pillow your found...great find...great workmanship!!! Great new treasures!!!
Much $ucce$$ at your Barn $ale!!!
Take lots of photos . . .please!!!
Fondly,
Pat

must love junk said...

LOVE your mantel! And your new horse is so fun :)
Sounds like you've got lots of great things going on!
Susan

lynn said...

so glad he is on the mend:) enjoy your fun trip!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Loving your mantle! So glad your husband is on the mend. Have fun with Becky, there were so many things I would be snatching up if I was there!

~Shanon

BECKY said...

Hey Sweetie! So glad hubby is doing well!! And I love your mantel! It all looks just divine!! Great patinas mixed with flowers...always a winning combo!

So cool that you get to go help Becky!! I'm sure it's such a blessing to her! Have fun, girl!!
Hugs,
Becky

Becky Cunningham said...

Your mantel looks very fresh and summery! I love the purple too. You found that horse at Goodwill? Wow...always amazed at your finds :)
And I'm so thankful Donnie is doing so well! I'm also thankful you're coming to my Barn Sale!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see you! We are going to have so much fun :) Tomorrow night is almost here!!!
Be safe...love you lots

Ginger said...

Glad your husband is recovering well! I love, love, love your mantel!

Debbie said...

I was so glad to get an email a little while ago and come to see this. I'm so glad that everything went well, and I'm proud of him for being such a good patient.

I'm glad you get to go do the barn sale too. I know you need prayer cover for that, and you'll have it.

The mantel looks wonderful. I do not know how you manage to make things look so good together. Mine always seems to look just junky.

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I've been following your site for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent job!

Here is my homepage: swiss

LLH Designs said...

I was all ready to rave about your mantel until I saw that you're helping your sweet blog friend with her barn sale. So happy for both of you. The Lord brought you to my mind today as I was praying about an opportunity. Remind me to tell you in time. Thankful your hubby is recovering well. How could he not with such an amazing helper?!?! :) xo!

sweetvintageofmine said...

LOVE your style!..This is my first time visiting your blog and I'm your newest follower! Blessings~~~Roxie

Melissa C said...

blessings to Donnie for continued healing, good to hear that he is well :)

Deanna said...

Blessings to you this Summer!
Sure like the Redman song you have playing on your blog. Tis sweet.

Looking forward to how you will decorate your FALL Mantel!!!

So ready for the temps to be in the 70s. Our tree leaves are starting to turn just a little.

Blessings,
d