Saturday, June 1, 2013

Kitchen Comforts

It’s said that the kitchen is the heart of the home.

 

Many conversations are held sitting around a kitchen table.

 

full table 4

 

table 4

 

Everybody loves to stand around the island and chat.

 

white chair 2

 

big chair 2

 

big chair 5

 

I love having a comfortable and roomy kitchen to cook in, eat in, and just fellowship in.

 

small chair 1

 

theater seats 2

 

desk chair 1

 

I enjoy cooking for my family.  I am not a wonderful cook but I have learned to be more creative through the years.

 

My sweet family never complains, so that’s a good thing.

 

I have really tried to cook healthier over the last few years and have even started a small vegetable and herb garden.

 

jars 6

 

jars 4

 

jars 7

 

I even do a little canning every year.  (boy, my nanny would be proud of me for that)

 

This summer is going to be a summer of intentionality and my kitchen is going to be a place that receives a lot of that attention.

 

Good food, good conversation, organization, new recipes, stockpiling, canning…and more.

 

coffee sign 1

 

bread 1

 

I’m thinking that “intentional” is going to be my word for the summer.

 

Actually there are two words…intentional and investing.

 

  I believe God gave me those two words while sitting on the beach last week.  So excited to see what will come.

 

Hope you will come back Tuesday and see what I have planned for our Girl Time Get Together.

Print

18 comments:

Keeping It Cozy said...

Beautiful photos, Amy! You have such a wonderful kitchen! Hope you had a great time at the beach... we are headed to FL this Thursday. :-)

Sheila said...

AMY!!!
How are you?...sorry i have not gotten back with you about the giveaway, been crazed. I LOVE your kitchen...the cow pillow in the chair is one of my favs. I do that image on my towels and hot pads too. I am working on my kitchen and getting it all farmhoused up myself lol. I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend.

XO,
Sheila

Blondie's Journal said...

I adore your kitchen...it is so YOU!

Please come by and visit sometime, my friend!

XO,
Jane

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Oh Amy, what a luvly post. It's like you were inside my head.
I am with you.. this is the summer. I can't promise to can in the Florida summer heat, but I am with you on the rest!
The bread looks delish! Would luv a piece with the coffee I am sipping right now :-)
Hugs, Gee

It's me said...

Enjoy a happy sunday round the table...love and blessings from me....xxx..!!

lynn said...

intentional-love that:) enjoy!

Sassy Southern Lady said...

Your home looks like a great place to be. Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

A lovely post and a pretty and welcoming kitchen. Your family and guests must really enjoy being there.

Anne said...

Lovely kitchen!

Anne said...

I agree Amy the kitchen is the heart of the home!It is the one room we are in the most.Not just to eat but talking,laughing,crafting,homework.......Yes good times.Your kitchen is beautiful and I can tell you have lots of wonderful memories too!
xx
Anne

pballard said...

I adore your space! It is such a great way to start the day with coffee in hand. I believe I was told to remember to Thank God for small blessings each day! So I have let a few of my bloggers know that I am thankful for you! I know your friends with Becky from Buckets of Burlaps! I have not seen anthing from her lately. Silly as it has only been a couple of weeks. I bet she is just extremely busy?

Junkchiccottage said...

Amy,
Your kitchen looks amazing. So welcoming and cozy. We just got back from FLorida and the beaches oh so sweet the sun and fun!!! Enjoy.
Kris

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

Your kitchen is so warm and inviting Amy. Your pics make me want to fast forward my kitchen re-model. So inspiring!:)

Best wishes for your new intentions!

Sumaya

chateau chic said...

Nothing better than meaningful conversation that also includes laughter around the kitchen table.
Mary Alice

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

That wooden bench with the 2 flower pillows...that is where I'd picture myself sitting...and we're chatting away, while your putzing around doing little odd things in the kitchen. (not that I'm lazy... but you're an exceptional hostess!) You'd serve me some of that cake and sit down and let's chat!

:) Love this dining arrangement. Pat

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

Amy, your kitchen is so warm and relaxed and inviting. I love your chosen words! I try so hard to be "intentional" in the life I'm creating with my kids, but some days things just slip away from. Thanks for the reminder. Blessings on your journey!

Jeanette

must love junk said...

It sounds like you have some great things planned this summer! Love the pics of your kitchen!
Susan

Melissa C said...

Intentional has been my word now for over a year! It is on big stickers on my fridge, My mother in law HATES that word...and feels the need to tell me a LOT! just saying! anyway, I love your thinking for the summer, it sounds pretty good to me! I think I may join in :)