Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Colorful Girl Time Get Together (for my sister in law)

Hey friends.

It seems that I tend to post a lot of homes with the main color scheme being white. 

Oh, I do love white.

However, a real working farmhouse probably didn’t and doesn’t have a lot of white in it because it would get awfully dirty every time you came in from the barn or the field…right?

My husband’s twin brother and his wife have a farm.  They have cattle, horses, chickens and two gardens.  I have a hobby farm and they have a real farm.  I buy milk at the store and they have fresh milk from their cow.  My sister in law loves to be outdoors working.  I truly believe she can do anything that she sets her mind to.  (even build tables)  Yep, she’s multi-talented.

While at the beach with her last week, she asked me where some of the homes were that were more colorful than what I usually share.  It’s not that she doesn’t like white, it’s that she is practical and knows that she can’t have white.

I think she had a great question. 

It got me thinking and searching for farmhouses and color.

So, Jenny Jean….this Girl Time Tuesday is for you.  Hope you enjoy and hope you know I love you. 

***

A new to me blog is the first one I want to share.

The Painted Home is infused with color and beautiful things.


Oh my, I love this table.  And, those blue benches are incredible.

Head over and take a look around Denise's wonderful home.

***

I know most everyone knows Anne Marie from Na-Da Farm Life, but I’m not sure my sister in law does and I want her to go check her out.

I love Anne-Marie, her home, her recipes, her farm, her devotion to God and her family. 

She has such a neat style.
na-da farm on a friday (1)

Some people can put things together so effortlessly seeming and Anne Marie is one of those people.

Love her and so will you.

***

Another bright and cheery home belongs to Joni at Old Centennial Farmhouse.

I love this porch.  Love the gingham, love the white wicker, love the flooring. 

Go ahead and check her out, but please come back for one more.

***

I know this is lengthy today.  Bear with me, okay.

***

The last blogger I want to share is Living Simply at Maple Valley Farm.

Such a great story of living off the grid.

Jenny, this picture of the hayloft made me think of you…


Angela has a daughter getting married soon and a recent post of hers spoke volumes to me.  Head over and meet this beautiful family.

***

Whew!!!  Okay, I am done.

I hope not only Jenny enjoyed this post, but I hope you did as well.

Blessings all!!!
Print

20 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

I just love these posts Amy. Today's has two new-to-me blogs to check out. Thanks!

chateau chic said...

Wonderful highlighted posts this week, Amy! I'm one of those who needs color, but l still love to mix in whites to brighten things up.
Have I mentioned that I love "Girl Time"?!!
Mary Alice

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It is always fun learning about new (to me) blogs! Thanks for sharing with us!

Anne Marie said...

Love her table and benches! those are great
you are so sweet Amy - thank you for saying such nice things....
xo + blessings,
Anne Marie

Olive said...

I love white too Amy but mix it with blues, red, and some green. I can't help adding those colors. I spent my girlhood summers on a working farm in the N.C. mountains. I think my aunt had a very eclectic look mixed with a lot of expensive antiques. But at that time I really did not take much notice. Hope you and yours are well, Olive

Sheila said...

Hi Amy!
OMG....I love your SIL house, it is spectacular full of color and farmhouse charm. I too love the table and benches the suitcase liquor box and the chandelier....YUMMY!!!!

Have a great week!

Smiles,
Sheila

Jenny Kinser said...

Amy Beth,
I am totally flattered that an entire blog was dedicated to me and my silly question I asked you last week! :-) The blogs you chose are right up my alley and suit my tastes perfectly! So glad that we can be sisters in family and in Christ! Love you!

Jenny Kinser said...

Amy Beth,

I am totally flattered that an entire post was dedicated to me and my silly question!! The blogs you chose are right up my alley and perfect to get some really cool and colorful ideas! I love being your sister in law and in Christ!!

Ginger said...

I love your white house, but in my own space, I love color! Thanks for sharing these!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Amy,
You know I am a white and cream girl in my home but I love seeing all the homes with color too. It is fun to see all the different style decor out there. Thanks for sharing these beautiful homes and new blogs for us.
Kris

lynn said...

a couple of new bloggers for me, tfs, amy:) have a great week!

Anne said...

What a beautiful farmhouse!Lovely photos too!
xx
Anne

Linda said...

YES, COLOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love color and I love white....but I too live on a working farm with 5 grandchildren over everyday!!!!! What a wonderful post!!!

Down to Earth Style said...

I love white too but when I see color in decor like this home is decorated - I want to change my mind on white.

Melissa C said...

oh these posts are fun! Thankyou!

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

Loved the colorful Girl Time today!

Jeanette

Tricia said...

These are all so beautiful! Hope you're having a good week. xo

Pat Cantwell said...

AMY,
Totally loved the tribute to "real" farm life in your last featured guest photos!!!
Running short on "blog" time this week, but will visit when time allows!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Becky Cunningham said...

I am just now catching up with Girl time this week! I love that it was for Jenny...she probably loved these colorful homes :)
I know Anne Marie...but now I have some new blogs to explore. Thanks for introducing us to these pretty homes! Sending hugs your way!

Denise Sabia said...

Amy, thanks so much for the kind words and for featuring me! Thrilled!
-denise