Tuesday, May 7, 2013

#9 Girl Time Tuesday

Hey friends!

Wonderful, productive, rainy weekend…inside projects only this past weekend.

I hope you have all had a super week.  I have been catching up most of the week from my trip to Louisiana.

We also had our homeschool prom Friday night which I shared about in my last post. 

What fun hanging around a bunch of awesome teenagers.

I love that since it is a homeschool prom, parents are welcomed, wanted, and needed.

This is my “baby” (oldest) daughter…

beth shoulder 2

beth and faith 1 - Copy


You know I had to show her (and my youngest baby) off just a little bit, right…you understand.

****

Now for a few blogs today to share with you all.

The first one is a lady I have followed for awhile now and she has just done something that I have so wanted to do for forever.

Robin, from Happy at Home, has just painted her oak kitchen cabinets and they look fabulous.

If you all have been around me for enough time then you know that is something I would love to do someday.

Until then, I just swoon over everybody else’s cabinet and kitchen makeovers.

Take a look at her white cabinets…


Make sure you go and look at the before. 

Everything looks so great, Robin.

****

Now for a couple of new to me blogs and faces.

Rita has a beautiful and colorful home and style not only with her home but also with her clothing.

Over at Suburbs Mama, you will see great DIY projects of all kinds, wonderful fashion tips and beautiful home styling.


Seriously take some time to look around at some of the cool things she is doing with her wardrobe as well as her home.

Such fun!

Let her know you stopped by if you have an extra minute or two.

****
One more friend I want to share with you is Angela from Number 53.

She has a great way of mixing vintage with new.  She also uses color beautifully here and there.


You have to check out her great yellow chair.  Honestly, I don’t think there is anyway I could make that chair work, but in her home, it looks absolutely perfect.  And, I totally love that blue dresser in the corner.

You will so enjoy taking some time looking around her blog. 

****

Now that prom is over, I will be focusing my time and attention on graduation and graduation celebration.

Thanks to all who reminded me to slow down and enjoy this time of celebration and not get so caught up in all the work.

Be blessed!
Print

13 comments:

Angie Chavez said...

Beautiful daughter!! My middle son graduates from our homeschool this year, and I'll be down to only one child left homeschooling. I don't know how the years flew by so swiftly!

chateau chic said...

I always enjoy your features as some are new to me. You have such lovely children into whom you've poured your heart and soul. They are so well prepared as they move to the next stages of their lives.
Mary Alice

Junkchiccottage said...

Amy,
Your daughters are beautiful. Such pretty eyes.
Kris

savvycityfarmer said...

love love love pictures of your kiddos!


and you of course, too

Debbie said...

You do realize that it's hard to focus on the other blogs after ooohing over your beautiful daughter and her beautiful little sis.

I love proms and the like. I'm just a big old princess in my heart. I would love to be a parent in your homeschool association and get to be a fly on the wall.

And I love the kitchen!
And well... I just wish that I had the pizazz of these other bloggers. I'm so NOT GOOD at mix and match.

My name is Rita said...

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for your sweet words.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

You daughters are beautiful!!! How very proud you must be. So glad the prom went great! Again, thanks for sharing such wonderful blogs with us. Have a great week and enjoy the celebrations to come.

Angela Santaniello said...

Thank you so much! What an awesome surprise to see my living room here and to see you kind words!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Keeping It Cozy said...

What a great picture of Beth and Faith! They are so sweet. Your features are so nice, Amy... and I love Robin's kitchen. Hope to see you soon!

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
You have beautiful daughters, dear friend!!! Thank you for sharing themwith us!!!
Graduation is truly a beginning to all that awaits your future...enjoy sharing this time with your oldest daughter!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Becky C said...

That first photo is a gorgeous shot of Beth! Love her hair and smile!! I know you are gearing up for that fun graduation celebration...wish we could be there. Have you had a chance to plant all of your new plants yet? I want to see some pictures :)
I'm going to check out these pretty blogs, they are all new to me...thanks for sharing them with us!
Sending hugs to all

lynn said...

your girls are darling, amy!

Robin Johnson said...

I missed Girl Time this week with all the spring cleaning I was doing. I was delighted to see you featured my kitchen redo while I was catching up with posts. Thanks so much Amy, that was so sweet of you.