Friday, April 5, 2013

Sweet Treats

Hey guys!

 

Want to share a couple of recipes with you today that I think you will love for spring and summer.

 

They are tasty and they are easy.

 

cherry fluff 1

 

Cherry Fluff

 

You need:

 

1 angel food cake

1 1/2 cup sugar

12 oz cool whip

8 oz sour cream

8 oz cream cheese

1 can cherry topping (strawberry, blueberry, etc)

 

Tear the angel food cake into small pieces.

   Mix all ingredients together except for the cherry topping

Take your cake pieces and begin to layer the bottom of your dessert dish.  Now add a layer of the mixture over the cake.  Add another layer of cake and then another layer of the mixture.

Spread your fruit topping over the top of the dessert and chill.

 

This dessert is delicious, fluffy, and a family favorite of ours.

****

 

 

fruit salad 1 - Copy

 

Fruit Salad

 

For this fruit salad, just pick whatever fruit you want.  I used strawberries, blueberries, green grapes, purple grapes and mandarin oranges.

 

For the dressing, mix together the following:

3 oz package cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup low fat mayo

1/2 cup sugar

Beat these ingredients together until smooth and pour dressing over your fruit.

Toss to coat.

 

Refrigerate or serve immediately.

 

Wonderful!!!

****

 

Okay, you have to let me know if you try either one of these super easy recipes. 

 

I promise you will love them both!

Print

9 comments:

Kolein said...

Sharing this when I'm eating my kale, salmon and br. rice concoction??? Now, I'm going to HAVE to eat something sweet afterwards!! LOL!

The desserts look scrumptious and refreshing! We just had angel food cake, strawberries and whipped cream here the other night during my husband's band practice! YUM!

XO
~K

Kolein said...

Sharing this while I'm eating my kale, salmon and br. rice concoction! Now I'm going to HAVE to eat something sweet afterwards!!! LOL!

Those desserts look refreshing and scrumptious! We just had strawberries, angel food cake, and whipped cream the other night!

XO
~K

FeenArt.de said...

Hey Amy,
it looks really great, what you have done!
I wish you a happy day!
Greats from Germany,
Claudia

It's me said...

Have a nice weekend...love Ria...delicious !!

Olive said...

I love fruit salads. I agree Weight Watchers is a fabulous and healthy program. I lost fifty ponds in 2009 and have not gained it all back. Just some of it. xo, Olive

Anne said...

Amy they both look delicious.Especially the cherry fluff......YUM!I love that they are both super easy to make too!
xx
Anne

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
YuMMy!!!
Your fruit salad recipe is very similar to my MoMa's Fruit salad.
I will try this Cherry Fluff recipe in the near future...promise!!! Sounds divinely tasty for a Ladies Tea!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Debra Oliver said...

these look so yummy, sound perfect for an Easter or Summer get together!

lynn said...

thank you for sharing, amy:)