Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Girl Time Tuesday-#7

Our seventh Tuesday together.  Wow!

 

I love this time with y’all just sharing and chatting a little.

 

My post today is going to be a wee bit different because I will only be sharing one blog with you.

 

The thing is,  most of you already know this wonderfully talented lady.  But just in case you don’t know her, then you are in for a real treat.  Like a REAL BIG treat…

 

The sweet friend I want to share with you today is Becky from Buckets of Burlap.

 

white countertops 1

 

Yep, I agree with you….gorgeous kitchen.

 

barn door coffee table 7

 

Living room, too…gorgeous.

 

Actually, Becky’s entire home is fabulous! 

 

This lady has talent that oozes from her.  It comes naturally.

 

Her husband, Mr. Buckets of Burlap, has just as much talent. 

 

Together, they make a magnificent pair.

 

Now, I want to let you know a little about my relationship with Becky and her family.

 

You see, this family has become our family.

 

Becky is not just a blogging friend.  She has become like a sister. 

 

She understands me and I understand her.  We “get” each other. 

 

Our families love each other.  Our kids love each other.  We are a good match.

 

Blogging for me has been a wonderful experience in so many ways, but I have to say that meeting Becky and her family has been, by far, the greatest reward.

 

Okay…want to know something really cool…

 

If you are reading this on the day that it was posted, then I am right now headed to Louisiana for a week long vacation with Becky and her family in her beautiful farmhouse.

 

 

breakfast nook milk jugs

 

 

Want to know what I am excited about?

 

…sitting on her deck and drinking coffee

 

…eating her delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies

 

…playing crazy games sitting around her coffee table

 

…going shopping

 

…talking, laughing, probably crying, staying up late, browsing other people’s blogs, watching our kids laugh and play together

 

…oh, I could go on and on, but I won’t.

 

Pray for safe travels for us, please.

 

Blessings to you all!!!

Print

19 comments:

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Wishing you safe travels and a lot of fun!

Pat Cantwell said...

Amy,
I get this...this is "Girl Time", indeed!!!
EnJOY yourselves to the fullest measure!!!
Safe travels, renewed friendship and best of all...bonding Sisterhood Time!!!
Fondly,
Pat

melissa said...

Gorgeous!

Have a great time guys!

Prayers for you and your travels :)

Tricia said...

I think it's so wonderful that you and Becky found each other and forged such a special friendship. It's such a magical feeling to find people who really know and love the real you. And that you love each other's families makes at all the more better. Best wishes for a great trip and safe travels. xo

elizabeth said...

Have a beautiful week!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

hope you have a wonderful time!

pballard said...

Enjoy your time together. Praying for safe travel for sure.. You both inspire me greatly!

Deanna said...

You are really blessed to have a friend like this!
Happy shopping and have fun,
d

Heaven's Walk said...

Amy - Becky is so blessed to have you as a sister-in-Christ! I can tell by your words how much you love her as a sister. You both are so sweet - and I pray God will provide safe travels for you and that you will have a wonderful time of fellowship! ♥

xoxo laurie

Traci said...

Hey Amy....love the post! Becky is talented. Tell her her home is beautiful. It's great to have friends like her. A true blessing. Have a lovely time. Traci

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I love Becky's blog and her home is beautiful as is yours.
I think it is wonderful that you've found a friend/sister in each other. I remember reading in the past how y'all have connected and have visited each other's homes. Blogging is wonderful in that it does bring people together.
Praying for safe travels and Good times!
-blessings, Pat

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Oh Amy, this is the sweetest blog post. Girlfriends are the best friends... and when our kids love each other that is just the frosting on the already really sweet cake! I hope your week is amazingly wonderful! Hugs and Love.... ~ Dori ~

Becky C said...

This is my very favorite girl time because you're on your way to my house!! Thanks so much for sharing my photos and blog with everyone... and we are going to have so much fun sharing stories over coffee and staying up late. So ready for you to be here!!
Lots of hugs

Debbie said...

I hope you all have such a wonderful time! I remember when you met each other for the first time. Guess that makes me a real old timer around here, huh?

And I agree about her gift. Incredible.

lynn said...

lucky you! enjoy your trip and be safe!

LLH Designs said...

I love the sweet sisterhood that you two have developed. What a treasure!

Faded Charm said...

Lucky you to not only know Becky, but be able to share a whole week with her and her family....sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your week:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

must love junk said...

How special! Have a safe, fun trip and visit!
Susan

Old Time Cindy said...

I do like her decor. How cool that you have such a great friendship.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy