Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Girl Time From Louisiana

Hey friends!!

 

I am writing this 8th Girl Time post while spending my last day in Louisiana with my “sister” Becky from Buckets of Burlap.  What an incredible week this has been.  Of course, as usual, the time has flown by and we are not ready for the week to end.

 

This is the day where we all get a little mopey knowing our time together is coming to an end for awhile.  Thankfully, each time we are together we begin planning for our next visit.  Her sweet family will be coming to Tennessee in just a couple of months for my birthday!  While they are in Tennessee, we will decide what month we will be coming back to Louisiana. 

 

I totally love this family!

 

  I cannot put into adequate words what each and every one of them mean to me.  The best way to say it is that they are a true gift from God to me and to my family and we know God’s gift’s are perfect.

 

I always tell myself at this point that I will not cry when I leave.   But I will.  No matter how hard I try, the tears will flow. 

 

I will miss the little fella with the huge imagination.  Oh how he makes me laugh.

 

I will miss the two girls who have become like my extra daughters.  What dreams these girls have that I am having the honor of experiencing a little with them.  Thank you Lord for these special girls with their special gifts from You.

 

I will miss Mr. Buckets who has become like a brother.  He and God are why this friendship became possible in the first place.

 

And, Becky….it is impossible for me to tell you what she means to me.  It’s strange.  A little not understandable at times how our friendship formed and has blossomed in two years.  It is nothing but a “God Thing”.  He made this friendship.  We totally understand each other.  We are so much alike.  I am so thankful for her.

 

I can’t wait until June for us to all be back together again.

 

Time is precious, isn’t it?

 

Now….

 

Becky and I both picked a blogger to share today for our Girl Time.

 

Becky wanted me to share Cathy from Cobblestone Farms.

 

I did follow this lady but somehow she got off of my blog roll.  Now, I will be getting her email updates so I don’t miss her beautiful farmhouse updates.

Cobblestone Farms

 

Beautiful white kitchen.  Glorious blue Ball Jars.  Bead board.  Farmhouse sink.  Oh my…

 

Check out Cathy’s beautiful farmhouse when you have a chance.

 

Thanks, Becky, for sharing Cobblestone Farms with my friends today.

 

***

 

The Fancy Shack is a blog that Becky and I both have just found and really enjoyed looking at this week. 

 

One of our favorite things to do when we get together is look at blogs.  We are like little girls pouring over pictures, analyzing each one.

 

The Fancy Shack had some great photos and vignettes to pour over.  She also just found an amazing barn door that looks simply beautiful in her home. 

 

I have decided that I NEED an old barn door.  Need…well, maybe not need…WANT would be more like it.  I know where a great old barn door is that would be just perfect in my house.  It is on my grandparents old barn and my grandfather who was a livestock dealer walked in and out of that barn door thousands of times.  My treasure hunting uncle has also walked in and out of that same barn door many many times and still continues to.  Thus the reason I won’t be getting that door anytime soon.  He needs it more than me. 

 

Anyway, I just went on a little detour there about barn doors.

 

Head over to The Fancy Shack and introduce yourself to Kimberlee when you have a few minutes.  I need to go introduce myself to her now as well.

 

 

Enjoy the blog visits, my friends. 

 

Let them know I sent you over.

 

Be blessed beyond measure and then thank Him for it. 

Print

18 comments:

BECKY said...

I love to hear that you've been having a great time, gal! It's always tough when those fun visits have to end, but being back home is such a great feeling too.

I LOVE your new profile pic! You're so lovely, and your longer hair looks wonderful!!

I'll check out those blogs when I have a little time. Things here are good, just soo soo busy. I have had a hard time just getting into my studio lately, and my shop is suffering. Big changes may be coming, so things may be settling down soon.

Love ya and am praying for a good and safe trip back home. :o)
Becky

Faye Henry said...

Hi.. Just came across your blog and had to join.. Love your pics and look forward to getting to know you ..
from Canada.

It's me said...

Both are verry nice blogs...enjoy the week love Ria....xxx...

lynn said...

thanks for sharing, amy:)

Ann said...

What a dear "sister" you have in Buckets of Burlap. I've been a follower of hers. There is nothing like a friend who can sit for hours and look at delicious posts with you. I've gleaned many a project and inspiration from doing the same.
Ann

Old Time Cindy said...

Going to check them out! Thanks!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Alabaster Rose Lifestyle said...

Beautiful homes Amy! And how lucky that you got to visit sweet Becky! I bet you had a blast!
Hope your doing well and have a great day.
Sincerely,
Melinda
Oh, and I love your header by the way!!

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Thank you both, Amy and Becky, for thinking of me and my lil' blog. I so appreciate the "shout out". I can tell you are both very blessed to have found such a true friendship in one another. It is so special how God puts such wonderful people in our lives at just the right times. May your friendship continue to be blessed. Thanks again, so very much. Cathy

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Thank you both, Amy and Becky, for thinking of me and my lil' blog. I so appreciate it. I can tell you are both very blessed to have developed such an incredible friendship with one another. God is so good how he puts the perfect people in our lives at just the right time. May your friendship and families continue to be blessed. Thanks again, so very much. Cathy

pballard said...

Heading to these favorite blogs of yours right now. Thanks for sharing.

Anne said...

Amy what a blessing to have such close and special friends.I enjoy reading Becky's blog too! Thank you for sharing these talented women there blogs are so beautiful too!
xx
Anne

Down to Earth Style said...

Yup...I agree. The Fancy Shack is a super cute blog. :)

Becky C said...

Hey my sweet "sister"...It sure was the best week EVER :)
I love having you here with me to drink coffee, tell stories, and shop with! We miss y'all already!
The week went by way too fast, didn't it?? I'm sure thankful God put our families together!
It won't be long...we will be heading your way :)
Love the two blogs this week!!! Gorgeous homes and sweet ladies!
Sending hugs!

rachel said...

Hi Amy, I have been following your blog for quite some time now along with your great friend Becky!! I just started my own blog a couple of days ago and would love if you could take a look, please bare with me as I am new to this but I am so excited to start this new adventure. My blog is called What Makes a Home @ rachelkay123.blogspot.com
Thank You!!

The Fancy Shack said...

Oh my goodness, you have just totally made my day. Thank you so much for your kind words and mentioning of my blog! I adore Becky's blog and am so happy to have discovered yours today also Amy. I look forward to your future posts. Thanks again, and have a blessed day! :)

Kimberlee

❀ JoAnne said...

Wow, Amy, just a couple weeks ago I discovered Cobblestone Farms and I spent a lot of time pouring over that beautiful home - so gorgeous! Now I'm heading over to check out The Fancy Shack. Thanks for sharing!

❀ JoAnne said...

Wow, Amy, just a couple weeks ago I discovered Cobblestone Farms and I spent a lot of time pouring over that beautiful home - so gorgeous! Now I'm heading over to check out The Fancy Shack. Thanks for sharing!

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
I have a lump in my throat as I imagine you and Becky clinging to one another as you say your good~byes!!! What a precious"gift", indeed...friendship!
I'll drop in for a visit soon with your "Girl Time" guest...running a bit behind this week has been filled to the brim!!
Safe travels for your return!!!
Fondly,
Pat