Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pearls and Horses In the Bathroom

Hey friends.

 

Three things made me want to take some pictures in my bathroom the other day.

 

1.  The sun was shining

2.  My bathroom was clean

3.  I bought a beautiful little glass at World Market

 

blue vase 5

 

Isn’t it such a pretty color? 

 

And, I love the bubbled glass.  Reminds me of hobnail.

 

blue vase 3

 

I decided to take this little white tote that was holding magazines and put my perfumes and lotions in it. 

 

Pretty and functional which is just what I like.

 

blue vase 8

 

I have shown you this before but I still love my old chicken wire filled picture frame that I use to hang my necklaces on. 

 

Another pretty and functional item.

 

Yet another place that I store jewelry is in this Hobby Lobby case that I found a few years ago…

 

jewelry 3

 

The metal dress form is another great necklace holder.

 

I love to have things that I use often close at hand.  If things are out of my sight, then they really are out of my mind.

 

This vintage ammo box is also a great place to house bathroom things…

 

green box 1

 

I also use this wonderful old apple bucket to store bathtub items…

 

apple bucket 3

 

I’m thinking that I should have named this post “Storage in the Bathroom”.

 

apple bucket 4

 

apple bucket 2

 

towels 2

 

baskets 1

 

I love these pearls in this old milk bottle.  The bottle is actually from Fayetteville, TN, which is where I was born so that makes it that much better.

 

pearls 1

 

From pearls to horses…

 

This is some of the artwork in my bathroom.

 

horses

 

green horse 2

 

I mentioned before that our neighbors have horses that you can see and hear out of this window…

 

window 1

 

Thus part of the reason that there are horses in our bathroom.

 

Just thinking how funny it is that we take pictures in a bathroom? 

 

I hope you are all having a wonderful day and week.  I am headed to the Nashville Flea Market tomorrow and cannot wait to see what I find.  I haven’t been all winter and I feel it calling my name.  I am taking a day by myself to do some things I love to do. 

 

For those of you who stopped by for some Girl Time yesterday, thanks.  Hope to see you back next Tuesday.

Print

19 comments:

{annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

Goodness! I hope to get to the Flea Market this weekend too! My little one's birthday party is Saturday afternoon, so maybe we can take a morning trip! I don't know if I"ll be that ahead of the game to be able to leave, but I'm ITCHING to go!!!!! Hope you find some good treasures!!!

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Hello Amy.. I luv some of the creative storage you have used in your bathroom :-)
The pearls and horses are luvly!
Cheers, Gee

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Amy,
Ohhhhh love your bathroom and all the chippy treasures for storage. I want an apple basket like yours have been searching for awhile. I hope to find one someday. Love it. I am like you I like to keep things out and in sight so it all looks great.
Kris

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Amy,
Okay...now I am jealous that you are going to the flea market and I can't go:( That milk bottle from your hometown is a great item to have (luv the pearls in it). Your room is full of charm...just like your entire home.

Blessings,
Linda

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh the flea market sounds nice!
I have some old milk bottles, I keep all our change in them, pennies in one, and 'silver' coin in the other.
...but not in the bathroom.

I like all your storage ideas for that room. I laughed at your thought to change the title mid-writing. I sometimes don't have a title until I'm ready to publish!
Titles stump me.

-Pat

It's me said...

Wowwww i like your bathroom....and that glas !! and your mason jars !! i like it all...love from me...xxx...

Anne said...

Amy your bathroom is so pretty and seems big too! Our master is pretty small! What a sweet horse portrait.LOVE your chicken wire frame/jewelry holder!

Anne

Robin said...

Even your bathroom is a filled with vintage goodies! you amaze me. It all looks so pretty and cheerful.

Holly Browning said...

Horses in art look wonderful. My friend knows I love horse art and she just gave me some. Cute bath!

Bonnie Hitchcock said...

No fair. I want to go to the Nashville Flea Market. Can I just catch you in Nashville and see my children too?

Giiiirl, I am looooooving the chicken wire frames distressed with white! Makes me want to get busy!

The pearls in the bottles are beeeutiful!

Thanks for sharing your ideas, your heart (which is huger than life!) and your prayers, sweet girl.

elizabeth said...

Have a great time at the flea market, Amy! I succumbed to World Market today, too. Cute mugs are my current weakness.

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

Hi, Amy! I'm so happy to be following your blog! I've enjoyed sitting here praising the Lord while checking out your pretty blog! There's no God like Jehovah!!!

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Finally made the rounds to your featured guest from "Girl Time"...what a JOY they all are! Thank you for introducing them to us!!!
Now about taking photos in the bathroom...
2. My bathroom was clean

3. I bought a beautiful little glass at World Market...
both of those work for me, dear friend!!!
EnJOY yourself and feel NOT guilty of a bit of "Me Time"!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Becky C said...

I love all of your creative storage pieces! That apple basket is still one of my favorites...but the Fayetteville bottle is really cool too.
Don't you love when a room is clean? It makes me want to take photos too :)
I hope you have so much fun at the flea market!! By yourself? What a fun day! I hope you find so many things you love :)
See you soon!!!!!!

Things and Thoughts said...

Lovely interior! Great style, simplicity and originality . Thank you !

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

Love your storage ideas Amy. I would love to linger for a while in a bathroom like yours. So charming!

~~Sumaya

Debbie said...

So believe it or not, I was planning to tackle my master bath area very soon as my next battle zone. I'm determined to figure out a way to have the things I use OUT but still pretty. You have inspired yet again.

And I just have to tell you that that last shot with the window and the blue is just beautiful to me. I would like to just frame that.

Gives me an idea...
How about a collage of framed window pictures? That might be pretty.

Debbie said...

So believe it or not, I was planning to tackle my master bath area very soon as my next battle zone. I'm determined to figure out a way to have the things I use OUT but still pretty. You have inspired yet again.

And I just have to tell you that that last shot with the window and the blue is just beautiful to me. I would like to just frame that.

Gives me an idea...
How about a collage of framed window pictures? That might be pretty.

Faded Charm said...

Your bathroom is both pretty and functional..the best kind and don't you love it when it's clean!

Taking a break from cleaning myself and need to get back at it:-)

Enjoy yourweekend.

xoxo
Kathleen