Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Grilled Cheese and Veggie Sandwich

Okay, I don’t normally show food on my blog even though I do LOVE to eat.

 

I just had to share this super easy and absolutely delicious sandwich that I fixed the other night.

 

Let me tell you first that I found this sandwich on a blog  recently but cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it. 

 

I am so sorry to share someone’s creativity and not be able to tell who it was. 

 

I do remember her saying that she wonders why she never thought to put veggies on a grilled cheese sandwich before and I have to say the same thing for myself.  Oh, what my grilled cheeses have been missing.

 

I am not going to try to give you a recipe because it’s really just a grilled cheese plus whatever vegetables that you want on it.

 

I used baby spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. 

 

Next time I plan to add avocado as she did and use baby bella mushrooms.  She used mozzarella cheese but all I had was American. 

 

Stack your sandwich.  Use a piece of buttered bread with a slice of cheese, veggies and then another piece of cheese.  I added a little garlic salt to the veggies before I added the last piece of cheese and bread.

 

Now grill to perfection and enjoy.

 

sandwich 1

 

Let me know what you think if you try it.

 

Would also love to know  anything you might add to yours that I should try on mine.

 

Have a great day!

Print

11 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

Amy ~ this look delish. Hubs and I usually put tomato and a piece of onion on our grilled cheese ~ yum

BECKY said...

Hey gal! Looks wonderful! Avocado will only make it more wonderful! Hugs to you! Covet your prayers...having a health issue.
Hugs,
Becky

It's me said...

Sound delicious !!!love from me....xxx...

NanaDiana said...

This sounds wonderful...and I am all about the avocado in it! YUM- xo Diana

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
This sounds delicious...and takes me back to my childhood and days of Mothering my own and the neighborhood children!!!( I took a few years off from work while my kiddos were in pre~teen years. All the other MoMs in the neighborhood worked...so~o~o, come lunchtime during the Summer...our table was always full of children!!!)
Thanks for some very precious memories!!!
Fondly,
Pat

gracielynn's said...

thanks.. I know what is for supper tonight !

Lisa

Old Time Cindy said...

We don't eat meat so we always jazz our grilled cheese. When you do avocado, you might want to mash it first. Sliced avocado can be quite slippery...trust me. :)
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Holly Browning said...

That sounds yummy! A new sandwich shop close to my house makes a panini similar but with mushrooms and havarti cheese. It's my fav!

Keeping It Cozy said...

That sounds delicious! I love veggies, although I have never thought of adding to a grilled cheese!

Faded Charm said...

Looks and sounds yummy!!! Always up for new lunch ideas.

Hope all is well with you and your family:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Tiffini said...

oh my that looks SO good! totally gone off carbs but i am so addicted...lol!
xo