Monday, February 25, 2013

Pretty and Green

Good morning (or afternoon) friends!

Just a word this morning that my brother shared with me a few moments ago.  My niece has been in the hospital since yesterday and is having some different tests run.  I have of course been praying for her and texted him this morning to ask what specifically I could pray for right now.  His response was this.. ”You have already prayed, now just start praising Him”.

(Thanks for the reminder, my sweet brother, to do what I already know but sometimes forget.)

So that is what I am doing.  I am praising Him and thanking Him in advance for what He is doing and going to do.  Doesn’t mean I will stop praying, but I will be praising and expecting along the way.

Let  me just stop right now and say, “I praise you Lord Jesus”!

Okay…moving along to what I want to show you this morning.

When I was in Texas last year I found a beautiful little green table with two small benches.  When my friend Becky didn’t buy it, I knew it had to come to Tennessee with me.

For the last year or so, it has been in our playroom pretty much hiding and not really used.

Well, I decided a few days ago that it needed to make an appearance downstairs in our living room. 

Since I have been shuffling furniture around over the last month, I had the perfect spot for it where it would be greatly used.

table 4

She now sits in a place where she will be used for many things.

table 1

We can sit here and do our school work.

table 7

We can use it to eat at.

table 8

table 2

I can easily set my computer here and play away.

table 3

I can sit here for no reason at all except for the fact that I really love it being in my living room.

table 6

Just moving this little jewel downstairs has made me fall in love with it all over again.

I worked on a little sewing project over the weekend that I can’t wait to show you. 

Yes, I have a sewing machine, BUT I can only sew a straight stitch.  I have relatively no sewing skills, but I do love the little project that I just completed. 

Have a wonderful day and hope to see you again soon here at our home.

You are welcome here anytime.

Print

23 comments:

pballard said...

Praise God that he is in control over everything. Praying for your niece.. Love your table and area! Have a great week!

Olive said...

Hi Amy, I have prayed for your niece. Your brother is wise. The wee table is perfect there. xo, olive

Vintage Gal said...

How beautiful is this? I Love, Love, Love the colour. You will enjoy many hours at that little table ~ enjoy!

Katherine Wolak said...

I love your little table and chairs! Indeed, you have a beautiful home! :)

Hugs,

It's me said...

Wowwwww...your green cabinet again !!...love it !!....happy day darling......love xxx...

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Amy,
Hope all goes well with your Neice and her feeling better. I love your little table. Very cute and perfect spot for it. Looks wonderful.
Kris

Becky C said...

Well, first off, I'll be praying that your niece is ok...and praising God that He is with her.
Next, I LOVE that table just as much now as when I saw it first :) Love it in the family room. Great spot for reading, school, eating, or whatever! It is a wonderful color...and I love how you have it all set up with the pretty blooms!
Makes me wish I were there with you!
Sending hugs

Kolein said...

So sweet with those lovely sprigs in bloom!! It's a sweet spot for sure! The color is so soothing like so much in your home.

XO
~K

A Thrifted Market said...

I love that you pray and then praise HIM!! I love the green cabinet and of course the little table and chairs, very cute! Our God is great!

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
What a precious find!!!
I agree it is one multi~tasking piece!!!
I don't (care to) sew either, dear friend; however on occasion. . .I've been know to become~one~with~the~machine to achieve something I'm wanting! Christmas pillows with vintage buttons and Christmas stockings are two that come to mind at the present!
I'll be back to see your latest project! In the meantime...I'm saying a prayer for your niece,too!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Anne said...

Praying for your niece Amy!
What a beautiful farm table!
xx
Anne

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Amy, what wise and trusting advice from your brother! I am praising with you! Our great God knows what we all need!
Your table is adorable just where it is!

The Cranky Queen said...

Love it all...very peaceful and makes me yearn for spring. Thanx for sharing. My castle doors are always open over at the "royal blog"! Tiff

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

I LOVE THAT TABLE!!!!! It is just gorgeous... the color, the size, the benches, the spot in your family room. Everything! Hugs, ~ Dori ~

Donna Wilkes said...

The simplicity of the table and the framed dress is so calming and serene. Gentle thoughts for your family.

Maureen said...

What a lovely bit of pretty in your room! My thoughts and prayers are with your niece.

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Praising with you that God not only knows our past, but our future as well and holds it in his hands. LOVE your little table and those benches!

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

Love that sweet table and benches and its new spot :) Praying for your niece!!

Connie said...

Hello, I just found your blog a few minutes ago and wanted to say that I loved the music as it came on, and began to read your post. I am going to click on your Follower button and join you so I can read along as you post. Connie

20 North Ora said...

What a warm and cozy space! Love the table and chairs.

Judy

Debbie said...

Well, I love your traveling furniture and think it found the perfect place to roost for a while. I'm really bad about not moving furniture around from room to room. I need to get more adventurous.

As for the praise, can I just say AMEN? Last fall, when my husband lost his job, God strongly impressed on my heart that He was well aware of our situation. It wasn't petition He sought from me; it was just plain praise. I praised him not just in thanksgiving for what He has done and what in faith I knew he would do, but also (and mainly) just because of who He IS.

There is no comfort in the world like the comfort you get from simply praising God.

Tricia said...

What a cute little table, Amy! That was a great find. I really LOVE that green cabinet with the basket too! Hope your niece is doing better...she's is my thoughts and prayers. xo

must love junk said...

That table definitely needs to be out where it can be used and admired! Looks great :)
Susan