Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The White Owl

One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year was from my oldest daughter.  Can I just give a shout out to my kids and how wonderful a job they do in shopping for me.  They are so very thoughtful and really try to get things they know I will love and use.  Most of what they get me is for our house.  They know I love white, wood, metal, and old, if possible.

This beautiful white owl isn’t old, but oh my goodness, I LOVE IT!

white shelves 13

Isn’t it great?

   She got it at TJ Maxx before Christmas. 

Of course a new gift like this makes me want to change up my chippy white shelves and give her a good home.

white shelves 14


white shelves 1

White and mercury glass together are beautiful.

white shelves 4

Old books and vintage linens are wonderful.

white shelves 7

Is anything prettier than a bouquet of lavender?

white shelves 6


white shelves 8

The more used and weathered the books are, the better.

white shelves 9


white shelves 15

I love my owl’s new home. 

Hope you are all doing great!


Linking up at Timewashed
Print

12 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Amy,
Ahhhh what a wonderful gift from your daughter. Owls are signs of wisdom so your daughter must really look up to you. That little precious owl looks great on your chippy shelves. Love the decor on the shelves. Was drooling!! I think the owl is really cute and goes well on the shelf but the owl is really precious because she was a loving gift from your daughter. Love this post.
Kris

Art and Sand said...

I love all the eye candy on your shelf. My daughter is getting good at shopping for me, but my husband and son just don't get it.

Sassy Southern Lady said...

The owl is so cute. It has so many possibilities. When our kids give us gifts that makes it special.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your owl is so cute and has a really pretty finish on it! It looks great next to your lovely lavender!

Susan said...

Oh, I just adore this bookshelf of yours, Amy, and how you've styled it. The owl has a great new home and is mixed in with some lovely vintage treasures. What a sweet daughter you've got!

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
I am always so~o~o impressed at the choices your children make for your gifts! They truly are atuned to your likes and tastes!!! What a wonderful relationship I read through your posts!
Love the White owl...love that your daughter shops at TJ MAXX...learning thrifted shopping...love that you gave this newest gift a place of presence in your home decor!
You have blessed me with this post...thank you, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I just love that shelf and the lavender bouquet and the so COOL OWL!
Your daughter has a good eye for gift buying too. :) Pat

Holly Browning said...

Every single one of those pictures makes me want to go redecorate. Love owls! Your kids know your style.

Kate said...

So beautiful Amy and even more so the love behind it.

Have a blessed week

xoxo
Kate

Anonymous said...

Oh love your little white owl! Everything looks so good together! I really like owls!

Becky C said...

Hey I love your new header! It looks so cool with the wooden border...I really like the photos in it, too. And the owl is too cute! It looks sweet with all your white chippy wood and mercury glass.
Missing you all!

Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home said...

Love the owl, your daughter did a great job! Your photos are gorgeous as always.

Congrats on the Artful Blogging article! I just finished reading it and it was beautiful .