Monday, December 17, 2012

Welcome Christmas

Hi friends!

 

It’s almost here.

 

Can you believe it!!

 

We are trying hard to get all of the shopping done and everything wrapped so that we can spend the last few days before Christmas just relaxing, watching Christmas movies and enjoying each other.

 

My computer time has even lessened because I just really want to focus on how special this time of year is.   Our pastor spoke the other day on how we get so busy getting ready for Christmas that we can miss it all together.  I don’t want to be one of those people. 

 

I did want to take time today, however, to share our entry way with you.  I want you to see what people see when they walk in our front door.  Of course you know that it’s not very elaborate.  Sweet and simple is the way I work best.

 

 

snowman 1

 

snowman 6

 

snowman 2

 

stockings 1

 

My mom made me these beautiful stockings.  Oh, how I love them each one!

 

stockings 3

 

stockings 4

 

stockings 8

 

I love the simplicity of each stocking.  Perfection…

 

stockings 9

 

stairs 4

 

stairs 2

 

stairs 5

 

santa face 1

 

bench 2

 

bench 4

 

stairs 8

 

Thanks for stopping by today and spending a few minutes .

 

Blessings to you each one.

 

If you have any extra time, stop by and take a look at our Christmas living room and  dining room

Print

14 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Amy,
It is all so sweet. I love the entry way and the beautiful stockings your mother made. So cute. Have a beautiful week and enjoy your family and Christmas.
Kris

pballard said...

Love the stockings too! Great job to your mom... Blessings to you and yours...

Becky C said...

Those stockings are fabulous! I love that your sweet mom made them for you :)
The garland on the stair rail is really gorgeous too. It's a great welcoming entry way, Amy.
Love it all
Miss you all too

Home Decor said...

Nice blog... thanks for sharing with us..

It's me said...

Beautiful darling !!...only 7 days to go.......love Ria...xxx...

Ruby and Arthur said...

Amy, thanks for the look at your lovely entry way. I love the little ice skates on the wreath! I agree that the stockings are simple and sweet. Merry Christmas, Jean

Anne said...

Beautiful Amy! LOVE those beautiful stockings your sweet Mom made!
xx
Anne

chateau chic said...

Amy, you definitely captured warmth and welcome in your entryway. The stockings are one-of-a-kind wonderful and I love the ladder they're hanging on. I also couldn't help but notice the charming bench(es)?
by your stairs. Great style, as always.
Merry Christmas, Mary Alice

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Soooooo pretty!!

Bonnie Hitchcock said...

Love it! The stockings, the wooden picnic box filled with gifts, the snowman! Wow! I wish:)

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Sweet and simple. . . and stunning!

I adore the stockings made by your Mother hanging on the ladder. Such peaceful hues and detailing!
Your SNOWman is precious!!! I LOVE S N O W and SNOWmen!!!
Your staircase is simply divine!!!

I agree that we can get too busy...and I don't want to MISS Christmas. Have a wonderful week of activities leading up to the Savior's birth!!!
Fondly,
Pat
P.S. I borrowed your idea and my Stockings are Hung on the Ladder with Care...goes to publish tomorrow!!!

Debbie said...

It all looks wonderful. I love all the white touches.

And I couldn't agree more with what your pastor said about the time. I want my primary preparation to be that of the spirit and not of the trimmings, if that makes sense. I have spent very little time on here myself, and just like you I want the last few days to be sweet and peaceful

Keeping it Cozy said...

What gorgeous AND special stockings your mom made! They look perfect hanging on the ladder in your entry. What a warm welcome.

❀ JoAnne said...

It's all so charming, Amy! Love the stockings and your wreath with the sweet little ice skates ~ adorable!