Thursday, October 18, 2012

Guest Bathroom

Hey friends!

Thanks for stopping by our home this week.  Hope you are all doing well.

It has been awhile since I showed you our little half bath aka our guest bathroom.  It is right off from our living room and gets a lot of use, especially when we have company.  (which we have had a lot of great company recently)

This little bathroom is also very hard to photograph because of its size and the lack of lighting. 

sink 1

I love using flour sack towels from Wal-Mart in our bathrooms and in our kitchen. 

cabinet 1

wreath 1

flowers 1

soap 1

wreath and flowers

wreath 3

potty 1

doors 2

doors 4
doors 1

I picked up these cabinet doors at the flea market during the summer.  I actually dug them out of a pile of trash.  They were yellow when I brought them home so I added a little bit of green and sanded them just a bit so that the yellow would show through.  I like how they balance out the bathroom a little with their size.


full 1

I try not to overdo it in this bathroom because it is pretty small.  I don’t want it to ever feel like the things in it are too overpowering. 

I have to laugh a little as I think about taking you on tours of the bathrooms in our home.  It seems a little strange, doesn’t it?  But, I know you understand because I have seen most of your bathrooms too.  Smile

Have a great upcoming weekend, friends!


Print

27 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Amy, What a delightful guest bathroom. LOVE the wall color!!!! I also love the soft colors and all the chippy, elements. That barrel next to the sink has big style!!!!
Your decor makes this little bathroom have great style!

Anne said...

Amy your bathroom is bigger than ours.Not much room in our guest bathroom at all!I wish I could have a cabinet like that in ours.LOVE how you decorated yours! That little barrel is sweet too!
xx
Anne

It's me said...

Wowww it looks great Darling...like th green color ! ...love from me ...xxx

sissie said...

Very pretty Amy. Love those old cabinet doors on the wall and the barrel. Pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Wendy said...

Love it all! The green doors are totally fab. I love the banner too! Each detail works perfectly. :)

chateau chic said...

Very cute, Amy. I love the little vintage cabinet and your burlap wreath which I'm sure you made.
Mary Alice

must love junk said...

Amy, it is funny that we 'show off' our bathrooms! (But it's another space to decorate, so why not? :) Yours is absolutely adorable-love the green doors, and the little cabinet!
Susan

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

What is hanging on the green doors...are they fabric tags??

Suzy-Q said...

Your bathroom is so lovely! How did you make the wreath, it's too cute!
P.S. I LOVE the song on your blog site :o)

Little Vintage Cottage said...

Oh Amy, I love that little bathroom! :o) I especially like that thing that the wreath is hanging on... what is it? LOL!

Tania

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Amy.Amy.Amy.
I love your bathroom. I love the soft gentle shade of green throughout that little space. Those cupboard doors are pretty and I like the way you displayed the hinges, and banner.
You photographed the small space well...AND! I took tons of pictures of our bathroom before I realized. The seat needs to be closed!

great job! :) Pat

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Drats...I have "The Perfect" shabby cabinet for your guest bath in my booth for the Fall Market on Sunday!!! Wish you were closer, dear friend!!! I adore how you used the green cabinet doors!!! Each element in that guest bath won my heart! Too cute!!! Thanks for sharing!
Fondly,
Pat

Gail said...

What a darling guest bathroom Amy! Your guest bathroom looks better than mine. I love that little cabinet and that barrel!! Enjoy your day, Gail

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Beautiful bathroom! Love the burlap wreath in front of the tin piece, and the seltzer bottle! The cabinet is a great piece too! :)

pballard said...

Love your bathroom. I love the cabinet doors and the barrel. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

Keeping it Cozy said...

Love your bathroom, Amy, especially the green cabinet doors and enamelware pitcher. So pretty.

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

What a wodderful little room...love those doors on the wall with the banner. Simply perfect :) Laurel

Mary said...

looks beauuutiful, amy!!!
i LOVE flour sack towels in my kitchen and bath, too! ;)
xoxo

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love your vintage accessories especially the green pitcher. Have not see one that color before.

Pamela said...

Love your bath Amy! It's so charming.

Barbara Jean said...

sweet.
love those 2 doors on the wall, and that little cabinet.

blessings
barb

Barbara said...

Such a cozy bathroom love how you added all those nice touches, have a great day, be well, Hugs

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Amy,
Charming bathroom you have here...luv the wreath and barrel.

Blessings,
Linda

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks great...love the color combo!

Becky C said...

Love your cozy guest bathroom, Amy! Comes in handy for those guests who keep showing up over & over :)
Really love the green barrel and pitcher! Miss you all

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Soooooo pretty..wish we had a second bathroom,hope you are well..xoxo

The Farmer's Daughter said...

How did I miss this post? Lovely bath--love the cabinet doors on the wall! Great idea!