Monday, October 8, 2012

Extra Touches Here and There

Hey friends.

We have spent the weekend celebrating our youngest daughter’s 10th birthday. 

For part of her birthday present, Faith wanted her bedroom redone.  I cannot wait to show you what she decided on.  It was all her decision…really…it was.  I will show you pictures when we get it all finished later this week.


Let me show you real quick a few more fall photos around our home.

galv tray 1

For the fall, I changed out my blue bottles for some mercury glass pieces.

suitcases 1

To bring in some more fall color, I added the suitcases to the top of the secretary.

suitcases 3

suitcases 2

basket 1

I found this great big basket at a yardsale recently and filled it with blankets and pillows. 

wood tray 1

I love wooden totes and this one is no exception.  Love it sitting next to the big milk bucket.

bedroom 1

This little ticking pumpkin that I made sits in our bedroom.  Just a very gentle reminder of fall in our room.

Time to finish up some painting. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

God bless you all!


Linking up at: Cedar Hill Ranch
Print

19 comments:

chateau chic said...

Amy, Your secretary is styled to perfection! The botanicals, suitcases, old scale...very nice.
Mary Alice

Our French Inspired Home said...

Love the fall touches! Happy 10th to her. - Tonya

pballard said...

Love the fall additions. Of course I scoped out the scale and love that too... Cant wait to see more!

Bonnie Hitchcock said...

Love the post office scale and the pumpkin and the stacked luggage.

I always enjoy your posts and read them everyday.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Lovely touches, as usual!

Alabaster Rose Lifestyle said...

Hi Amy,
Your home looks beautiful!! I adore that basket and those botanical's are fantastic!!
I can't wait to see your daughter's room and I hope she had a wonderful birthday!
Have a lovely week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
I love your rustic touches of Fall on the secretary!!! I've also been admiring your chicken wire window pane and the newest rustic wooden box!!! I'll be back to see your daughters bedroom reveal! Happy Birthday, dear one!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Keeping it Cozy said...

Love the mercury glass. And that basket - what a great find! Happy Birthday, Faith... I love the photos you posted on FB!

Olive Cooper said...

The yard sale basket is a good find. Your vintage luggage also makes me smile. blessings, Olive

Anne said...

Amy I love your fall vignettes! Those old suitcases are fab! Love it all! Happy Birthday to your daughter! Can't wait to see what she decided.For some reason I am thinking you are quite pleased because she has your taste?
xx
Anne

Barbara Jean said...

what a cute corner with that baby dress hanging up.
love it all.

blessings
barb

Heaven's Walk said...

So warm. So cozy. So inviting. So perfect! Beautiful, Amy!


xoxo laurie

raggygirlvintage said...

Lovely touches and photos Amy, you have a great way of pulling vignettes together:-)
Tracey

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oooo! the suitcases and the big basket... are on my list of things I'm loving right now~
that little ticking pumpkin is so sweet too.
I love all the fall touches in your home and can't wait to see how Faith's room looks. Pat

A Thrifted Market said...

Very pretty. Can't wait to see the room! Love the scale and the mercury glass..I'm a sucker for that.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Love those botanical prints, and the basket! It all looks great Amy.
♥Linsey

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh everything is decorated so beautifully! Such great Fall touches.

Holly said...

Eye candy over here - always!

Melissa said...

Your home looks so beautiful, Amy!!!!