Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Little Bit Of Fall In the Dining Room

Today is a special day!!

Our youngest child is 10 years old!

Today, our family celebrates Faith!

Now, I would love to show you around my dining room with a little bit of fall added to it.

This post is longer than normal, my friends.  Sorry…

I am also getting dishes and linens ready for the upcoming holiday season.  You know that Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it, right?  Why not get some things ready sooner rather than later.

pinecones

For our dining room table, I brought in my old feed bag and added a little fall colors to it.

table 1

I added a  few pinecones on the table as well so I could have a little nature brought in.

buffet 2

I didn’t change up my buffet because I think the color of the dried hydrangeas already speak of autumn.  And the different shades of white in my old plates also add just the right colors.

As you can tell, I love layering things.  I love the chippy white frame and old beveled mirror propped in front of the bigger mirror.  Layers are a good thing…

linens 1

On the other side of my buffet is a little painted cabinet full of tablecloths and linen napkins all ready for the using. 

pitcher

I showcased a beautiful old pitcher that my grandmother gave to me years ago.   

I always think of my family members that are no longer here, but especially during the holidays.  I love for their things to take places of honor in our home.

dishes 1

My old jelly cabinet is filled with my white dishes that we will be using when our family and friends gather together.

dishes 2

dishes 3

dishes 4

I also love hanging beautiful vintage linens here and there.

linens on door 1

linens on door 2

On top of my jelly cabinet sits a beautiful old scale I found.

scale 1

and on the floor beside the cabinet sits an old egg crate that holds lots of our “crystal” glasses…

crate 1

I love finding cool storage options like this beautiful crate.  This crate and another one like it were found in the barn loft at my grandparent’s home. 

A few more and I am done…promise…

half room 1

half table 1

mums 3


full dr

That’s our dining room. 

This is actually one of my favorite rooms.  I am totally in love with my old farm table and it’s mismatched chairs. 

This is where we do our school, sit for family talks, and eat special breakfasts with our 10 year old birthday girl. 

Yes, it’s a good thing…

Blessings to you all today!


Linking up at:
Print

34 comments:

Shelley said...

Beautiful home...a very Happy Birthday to your little one...blessings

Holly said...

I love your cottage shabby dining room. The mix of chairs looks awesome.

Jen said...

Really enjoyed your post today. I also love to have sentimental things in my home from love ones that have passed on. I love your your soft natural decorating. I have been thinking I need to soften my rooms some to make them seem bigger. I would love to have you as a follower. Hugs and blessing to you. ~Jen

Kate said...

Amy, your home always makes me smile as it is so filled with love and warmth. You can feel it in every photo. Wishing your youngest a very blessed special birthday.

xoxo
Kate

Al said...

What a sweet space you've created. Love the miss-matched chairs too. That really adds personality to your room. The cupboard with the white dish collection is wonderful too. Have a great day. -Al

It's me said...

Owww everything is so nice decorated !!!...congratulations with your little one....love Ria...xxx...

Faded Charm said...

Beautiful room and pics! You have some great pieces in this room.

Wishing your daughter a very special birthday today. My middle daughter's birthday is on Sunday....15 already. Where does the time go. I think we're heading to the beach for the weekend:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hi Amy!
I love your dining room. Good idea to get things ready now.
I should be doing that...but I'm just now getting around to working on projects...crazy slow...you know me!

I love that egg crate with the crystal inside. Very unexpected...but chic!
have wonderful day.

and a Very Happy Birthday to the 10 year old baby girl! Pat

Olive Cooper said...

Your home is charming, warm, and has the best of vintage whites. Happy Birthday to that big little girl:}

Marilyn Holeman said...

Happy Birthday to Faith! Enjoy her greatly--they grow up so fast!

chateau chic said...

Your dining room looks so warm and welcoming with all its vintage goodness!
Mary Alice

{northern cottage} said...

blessings to you as well - these pictures are absolute gorgeousness!!

The French Hutch said...

Hi Amy, You have a lovely home and I love how you've decorated. Love the cabinet with the white ironstone and all the collectibles. What a great idea for the feed bag, looks great with the flowers. Great vintage linens.
Beautiful dining room!

~Emily
The French Hutch

sissie said...

Hi Amy,
Your home is always so lovely, warm and inviting.

hugs
Sissie

Anne said...

Amy,
Your dining room is beautiful!!! LOVE,LOVE LOVE your farmtable and mismatched chairs!! Hmmm we have much in common! Beautiful old linens and scale too!
Happy birthday to your youngest!
xx
Anne

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

No wonder you love it! So pretty and great collections too. Love all the white dishes with your vintage pieces and the great collected dining set. Happy Birthday to your 10 year old.

Mrs T said...

beautiful as always :)

my ds turned 7 today. small world :)

AntiqueChase said...

Is that an egg crate or a chicken carrier? I have one too and thought it was a small transport cage?

momto8blog said...

happy 10 year old birthday to your "baby"!
your home looks so lovely, warm and inviting. love all of your touches!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Kristen {Ella Claire} said...

I could look at pictures of your home all day long! Just beautiful!

pballard said...

Thanks for sharing. Love the dining room. Hope your daughter had a great birthday.. She shares my sisters birthday. A great day!

Nook and Cranny said...

Love it!!
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Ruth said...

Your blog and dining room is so lovely!! I love all the vintage items!! Your soft cottage palette is a feast for they eyes.
RUth

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Faith! Ten is a wonderful age. I love it.

And I love the dining room. You just don't know how many times I've tried to arrange vintage stuff around here to look good like you do, but mine never does. I have finally decided that what I love about your look is 2 things: 1. I love the way you use whites 2. I love old stuff. Now, I just need to figure out how to do my own style in such a way that it says "Debbie".

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I am in love with your dining room, too! Every..little...touch you have added, just gorgeous. I love the vintage scale, the plates and linens.

~Shanon

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Love your dining room Amy, the whites and vintage linens are so cozy and homey. What a perfect country room!

J9's Happiness in the Every Day said...

Goodness - what a beautiful room!! Never apologise for sharing such beautiful pictures!! Thank you!! Happy birthday to your little one. Enjoy! J9 x

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

your dining room is beautiful!!! i love all of the warm cozy touches!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Amy,
You should love this room...it's so very charming!!! Love your scale...I am looking for one about that same size (wish me luck). Happy B'day to your little one!!!

Blessings,
Linda

The Farmer's Daughter said...

My, My! We have a lot in common when it comes to Farmhouse decor! I could walk into your homes and feel right at home. Beautiful. . . .

Becky C said...

I love your dining room! My favorite room in your house :)
The platters are so perfect in the chicken feeder...and all your white dishes, wow! I also adore that tub with the mum set inside. So fall!
My favorite photo is the last one, great shot of the whole room. That harvest table is wonderful with all the mixed-matched chairs.
Beautiful my friend!
Lots of hugs :)

Ruby and Arthur said...

Amy, I love all your vintage linens. They are so cozy in whites and creams and look lovely together! Jean

Craftberry Bush said...

oh Amy, everything looks perfect...xo

Keeping it Cozy said...

It's beautiful, Amy. When I first walked into your home and saw your dining room, I remember that's when I thought, wow! I could spend hours in your home looking at all your treasures and your gorgeous decorating. I love the table and mismatched chairs too!