Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Master Bath

Hey all!

It has been beautiful here in middle Tennessee the last few days.  The weather is wonderful and fall is in the air.

This time of year, I get busy cozying things up in our home.  I love pulling out fluffy blankets and fragrant candles. 

I also like to get things tidied up after a busy summer. 

I guess you could call it nesting and nesting is fun.

I’ve been working in our master bathroom some recently and thought I would show you a couple of pretty cool things I have added in there.


toilet 2 

My old wooden door has made its way into the bathroom for a little added interest. 

Yes, that’s a bell on the back of the toilet.  You just never know…. 


bucket 1


This beautiful pale blue enamel bucket is filled to overflowing with my favorite dried flowers.  They do fill a spot so nicely.


horse 1


My horse print was found on the same day that I found the painting of my favorite bull, Herley. (scroll down to the bottom of that post to see him in all his beauty)

  Both pictures came from the Goodwill Outlet in Nashville.


necklaces

I love this old frame that I painted and filled with chicken wire.  This is a wonderful place to hold the necklaces that I wear most often.


tub 3

This old apple bucket has been in my bathroom for awhile and I still love it holding towels.

The old ladder is pretty much falling apart, but serves its purpose well sitting here on our garden tub.


chair 1


I found this great old green chair while cleaning out an old house with my sister in law.  She liked it but gave it to me because she knows I love the color.

She is the treasure…not the chair.


chair 2


suitcase 2

I got this old paper cutter from my uncle.

  Have you figured out yet that my uncle has many many treasures?  Like, you really cannot imagine the stuff he has.  If only you lived closer, I would take you and let you see for yourself.

The suitcase is not old, but sure works well to hold my jewelry.


window

And, this is the window that I get to look out of when I am getting ready.  I get to see the beautiful trees changing colors and see the neighbor’s horse galloping about.

Oh how I love living where there are big beautiful trees all around us.

Fall is wonderful in Tennessee!


linking up at Faded Charm
Print

29 comments:

Ruby and Arthur said...

Amy, I am in love with your old enamelware bucket, and I want it!! The color is so yummy! Jean

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

So pretty! I know it is a bit stereotypical, but I can't help thinking about horses when I think of Tennessee.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

So pretty! I know it is a bit stereotypical, but I can't help thinking about horses when I think of Tennessee.

It's me said...

I really like your bathroom darling !!...love love Ria...xxx..

elizabeth said...

It looks great Amy! Love it all!

Wendy said...

Everything looks so beautiful. I love the pale blue bucket!

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Lots of interesting items in your bathroom! The bell...made me laugh!!! Then I thought of when my sons were young and realized the bell would have much better than their yell! Ha! So, I laughed, again! The paining of the horse makes perfect sense when you told of seeing them outside your window!!! The green chair and your treasure is your family member tugged at my heart! I love the old bucket, the ladders and the paper cutters!!! Thanks for inviting us in to your "Master Bath"!
Fondly,
Pat

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

I need an uncle like yours....and I love the papercutters!!

Bonnie Hitchcock said...

Such sweet simplicity! I wish I could get mine to look like that! I think I'm gonna copy yours exactly and maybe I'd be happy with my treasures!

chateau chic said...

Amy, Your bathroom is full of so many fun vintage accessories. Lots of great ideas too.
Mary Alice

Abi's Blog said...

Lovely post - I can almost smell the breeze that I'm sure makes its way through your beautiful sheer curtains.
Blessings,
Ava

pballard said...

Love it all. Thanks so much for sharing. I get so much inspiration and energy just looking at your blog.. Blessings to you!

Keeping it Cozy said...

As always, I love your vintage touches! I love the door against the wall and what a gorgeous bucket. We have been having such beautiful weather this week... can't you just smell fall in the air? :-)

Becky C said...

Amy I love your master bathroom! It looks great with the changes you've made. The old wooden door is perfect for adding the warm tones. And that enamel bucket is to die for-it does look amazing with hydrangeas.
Yes, your uncle must have a treasure trove of goodies to look through!! You are always getting the best vintage things from him :)
Love seeing your changes...
Can't wait to see you all :)
Lots of hugs

Our French Inspired Home said...

In an emergency I'm sure the bell would prove useful. Beautiful what you've done.

A Thrifted Market said...

Isn't it great having loving sis in laws who are generous?! Love it all my friend..especially the old door! Have a wonderfully blessed week.

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

LOVE LOVE that little ladder by the bathtub- now For SURE I will be scouting the thrift shops for one!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

There are so many things I love in there! The apple bucket, the blue pail, the ladder, the chicken wire frame, the horse picture. :)

What a great collection. It's beautiful!

Take care,
Pam

raggygirlvintage said...

So pretty Amy, love the snapshots of your home! I like your towel solution, I need to figure out something like that!
Tracey

Katherine Wolak said...

I love your decor pieces!!! SO absolutely wonderful!!! :D

Hugs,

Susan said...

Happy fall Amy! I just love all the vintage treasures in your bath. Great idea with the chicken-wired frames. You've got a lovely place to start the day. :)

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Love your beautiful bathroom! I love all of the vintage touches you have added to it. Isn't fall just the most beautiful time of year? The bell made me LOL! The enamel bucket is the most beautiful color.

~Shanon

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautifully warm and cozy, Amy! Love that pretty blue bucket with the hydrangeas! We've been having wonderful autumn weather here, too. Sooooo glad to see the hot, humid 90 degree days a thing of the past. lol!

xoxo laurie

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Your master bath has a bunch of lovely surprises.
I love the oval picture frame (well all of them actually) with chicken wire.
That chair is sweet...
But your words about your sister being 'the treasure' not the chair...

made me say 'Aw! ...that's so sweet.'

thanks for showing it and happy fall to you Amy!
Pat

home remodeling northern Virginia said...

Just saying hi and ty for this post.

must love junk said...

LOVE all the unique goodies in your bathroom and the way that you have them styled! (And of course, as we always have such similar tastes,I have a metal apple basket almost just like that and I had the exact same his/hers hooks!) :)
Susan

BECKY said...

Love it all, girl! So relaxing, and comfy...just what a bath should be!
You have that special touch!!
Love and hugs to you!
Becky

Anne said...

Amy,
Your bathroom looks beautiful!! Love all your vignettes!
xx
Anne

Barbara Jean said...

Amy, love what you did with paper cutters.

I have mine attached sideways to wall, and two old fence boards n top for a shelf. cute and different, like yours!!

blessings
barb