Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cozy Living

Hey friends!

I am cozying things up a little more around our house.

I am bringing in some warmer colors and heavier textures.  Of course, some pumpkins have made their way in also.

Our main living area is what I have focused most of my attention on and really, I haven’t done a whole lot.  I just like changing and adding little things here and there.

My fireplace is always one of the first things I change up when the season changes. 

horses yes

My horse print is a recent find, and I love that it goes so beautifully with my horse trophy.  I also love the deep warm colors in the picture. 

mantel yes


fireplace 3

I rocked all three of our babies in this beautiful old rocker.  I don’t know how old it is, but I know it’s old.  It actually has writing on the bottom of it of who it belonged to long before us.

fireplace 1

Lots of wood tones going on here, but I have no problem mixing woods as long as everything blends together well. 

I use what I have and what I like. 

I am pulling in some reds and blues this fall along with my whites, woods, and metals.  I have taken most of my favorite color green out of the living room for now but will probably bring it back when spring arrives.

I’ll show you more little “cozy fall” areas in our living room and the rest of our house soon.  And, let me say thank you for opening up your home and sharing your fall inspiration with me.  I need all the inspiration I can get.
Have a blessed upcoming weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Heading over to French Country Cottage and Common Ground
Print

30 comments:

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Looks great, Amy.
I agree your new find goes wonderfully with your trophy.
Tam

Kate said...

Hi Amy
I love the cozy fall warm up! The mantle is amazingly perfect. Can't wait to see more of your beautiful touches. Your home exudes warmth and cozy fall

Hugs to you
Kate

Our French Inspired Home said...

Love the horse painting. I have been looking for a good one for several years and still have no luck. The mantel looks great. Have a great day! - Tonya

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your mantel looks really beautiful! And the whole corner looks so nice and cozy!

Deidre said...

WOW! This looks so warm and inviting and I Love the mantle.Makes me want to come sit for awhile and cozy up with a good book:) Deidre~

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Amy, that horse print is just wonderful, love it up there with the trophy!

Olive Cooper said...

Your mantle is cozy and I love the wool blanket. When I get well from my surgery I will be doing a tablescape and will feature your gift I won. I will let you and your sweet friend know of course. I am taking baby steps and trying not to over do. hugs, olive

Deserae said...

Your mantlescape looks amazing....love the trophy cup and the horse painting too! Just beautiful....
~Des

PS. I am now following your blog....hope you will follow me back :o)

Anne said...

Amy,
Love all of your fall touches.How sweet to have rocked your babies in that chair!
xx
Anne

Faded Charm said...

Your mantel looks so lovely with all the warm darker colors...just in time for Fall:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Doreen @ Hymns and Verses said...

I love the horse print and it really stands out against the salvage wood piece! The room does look cozy!

Blessings,

Doreen

chateau chic said...

Amy, I really like what you've done on your mantel! It really does add warmth to your room.
Mary Alice

Anne Marie said...

oh my gosh Amy I love it! the picture, the pots...you know what would be so cute, is an old leather belt from your kids they grew out of wrapped around those books...
great picture - I would have bought that too!

Keeping it Cozy said...

Your cozy touches have me looking forward to the fall season... it all looks warm and so inviting. The horse print is gorgeous... I love the old frame. Also, what are the three pieces holding your candles? The patina is beautiful.

A Thrifted Market said...

Love the horse pic and the trophy!Looks great and warm..definately speaks fall! Blessings my friend.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Beautiful Amy! I love the new horse print and the trophy.

Have a great day.
Pam

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Love it all! I'm following along now!

It's me said...

It looks verry nice darling !!..have a nice weekend !...love Ria...xxx..

Stephanie said...

LOVE, LOVE your horse trophy!

Krista said...

Fall mantels are my favorite...Yours is so cozy! I love that horse print backed up against the tin.

Melissa said...

It definitely looks very cozy! Love it!!!

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Lovin' that plaid throw in the rocker, dear friend! Your new print looks stunning on the mantle! Autumn arrives in the morning...Amen!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Holly said...

Beautiful. I love how you layer your decor.

Barbara Jean said...

What a unique and wonderful display. Very warm....

blessings
barb

Katherine Wolak said...

Looks fantastic!!! LOVING the look of this! :D So cozy and fall themed! :D

Hugs,

Mrs T said...

one of my favorite prints! reminds me of my Grampa and he loved that pic.

Dori @ Bell Jar Vintage said...

Loving your fall mantle! I am jealous of your trophy cup and that horse painting. Just lovely!

Becky C said...

I love your fall mantel Amy! That horse painting is perfect for this time of year. The colors are beautiful with all of your wood tones. Looks like you are having fun decorating for fall...it sure looks cozy around there :)
Miss you all

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So lovely!! Adore your painting and your mantel looks wonderful!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Deb said...

Hi Amy
What a gorgeous room! Love your horse painting & frame ♥
This is my first visit to your beautiful blog {love your choice of music} & I look forward to stopping by again.