Thursday, July 26, 2012

Warming Things Up

Hey friends! 

I sure hope this finds you all doing well and that life is good.

I have been playing around with some more of my summer flea market finds and have been shuffling things up a bit.  You know how fun it is to move things from here to there and there to here.

milkcan 2

I found this large milkcan at the Canton, Texas, flea market this past spring.  It has been on the floor until recently when I decided  it needed to move on up a little and be seen better.

Because this farm table is so big, I knew I could also move some of my bigger baskets up here and they would make a grander statement than just sitting on the floor.

table 4

The green box here on the bottom shelf is extremely heavy and not really sure what it was used for.  It makes great storage for our board games and cards.

The old cotton basket was a gift from my mom several years ago.  Love it and how big it is.

basket

I love the warmth that this basket and the other one of top of the table brings to this side of the room.

table basket 1

I know fall is still a ways away, but I am ready to bring in some warm colors.

wood tote 1

The wooden tote is a favorite piece of mine.  I love it holding the old German beer bottles.  Can you see the three rusty pieces in the back of the tote?  Those are old bells with nothing inside to ring.  They are just the dome shape part of the bell.  I love the rustiness and the shape.

Yep, Herley still stands proudly in his grassy pasture on my table.  That painting will forever be one of my best scores ever from Goodwill.

table 4

The tall doors on the back of the table are a light green with some brown showing through.  My plan is to do some more sanding on them and try to bring some more of the brown out since they pretty much fade into the wall color.

As you can tell, this is a great table and so much fun to play around with.  It is so easy to move things around and change things up. I  love that it was a handmade gift given to me from our Louisiana friends on their first trip to Tennessee last year.  Mr. Buckets of Burlap is a wonderful carpenter, and I am still so happy to be a recipient of his talents.

Okay, so you can see that I am bringing some more natural woods back into our home.  I think the warm colors look so beautiful with the whites.  I have a couple of inspiration homes that I have been really stalking lately.  Take a look at the already very popular Faded Charm and Frog Goes to Market.  These ladies know how to make a home beautiful.  I love both of their styles and all of their great vintage pieces. 

Well, my friends, I will say so long for now.  Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.  Come back again. 

God bless you each one.

Print

23 comments:

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

It all looks so beautiful Amy!!
I was just telling my husband this morning that I'm ready for the Fall and all of it's warm and vibrant colors.
And I love adding baskets to my home as well, they really add so much warmth to a home.
Hope you have a lovely day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Anne said...

Amy,
Your vignettes always inspire me!Yes that was a great goodwill score!Love that old milk can and that table is a beautiful piece.You are lucky to live so close to a good friend with a handy husband! I LOVE faded charm and frog goes to market too!
xx
Anne

{annie_loo} said...

I love that big farm table! Awesome! And I love putting all the wood in with the white. Makes it so fresh and clean. We're about to start building our house and I'm really trying to think of how I want to decorate...i think your style is a good mix to add in. We have lots of wood elements, but I like the freshness the white brings as well. LOVE your style!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Your vignettes are always lovely, Amy. You have some nice vintage pieces to work with and I love the darker tones you are using here. I have admired that table since I first saw it here and it keeps reminding me that I need a piece like that.

BECKY said...

Simply lovely, Amy! And I love both of those blogs, too! And the contrast of the white and natural wood. That is what I am going with in my studio, with a touch of color, too! Can't wait to get it done!!

Hope all is well with you and yours!
Love ya,
Becky

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Oh, dear friend, I adore the addition of the warm brown hues and the textures these baskets give to your table!!! Softened by the greens and the galvanized pail it is most tranquil! Love the changes! Have a great ending to your week!
Fondly,
Pat

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I know all about changing things up. You have some great baskets.

Blondie's Journal said...

oh, Amy...you have so many pretty treasures! I know every time I move mine around I feel like I am seeing them for the first time! I love the look of natural wood, too, and holding back on painting things a lot more. I LOVE that old milk can! :)

XO,
Jane

~ Liz ~ said...

I love seeing all the treasures being used and enjoyed. The color of that green box makes me crazy jealous, and that box with the German bottles is so cool! I'm glad you change things around because this way we get to peek at all your darling vintage treasures. Love it!
Liz

Our French Inspired Home said...

Love the milk can and baskets! They do look very nice up on top of the table.

The Mustard Seed said...

Always so beautiful, Amy! I wish I had your eye... I

Miss Gracie's House said...

Hi Amy!
I've just spent the last little bit getting caught up on your little corner of blogland...I do have to say that I am really liking all of the warm tones you are bringing in to mix with the white...you have some real treasures you have found...and that bowl...that is a hoot...in the river?! Your visit with Becky and her family sounded wonderful...
Rene'

pballard said...

I to love those blogs your talking about.. Love your things as well. Thanks for sharing... I love the added natural colors.. Thinking of doing that myself. Have a great day..

The Other Me Is Sane said...

love how you worked in all those big pieces. and your baskets are to die for.

Tricia said...

You always pull everything together so beautifully, Amy. I love, love, love that cotton basket...what a great piece!

elizabeth said...

I have such a weakness for wooden totes of any kind, so that is my favorite of all of your wonderful treasures.
Thanks so much for your kind comment on my Table for Two post. :)

Debbie said...

That cotton basket is my favorite piece. My mom has one nearly identical looking, but it was just her mother's old laundry basket. She (Mom) actually still uses it in her laundry area.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

It is all so lovely! I'm ready for Fall. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from The Charm of Home. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-7.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Keeping it Cozy said...

I love your cotton basket... I have been on the hunt lately for large old baskets! I love the warmth they add. Those are lovely and inspirational blogs you mentioned, but yours is too! Enjoy your weekend.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I love the look you put together, Amy! Really very unique and beautiful finds!!! I haven't met an antique basket that I did not want to take home!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

baskets, boxes, and that wonderful table; wow only thing better is if all those Fall leaves were spilling out! Love having you come to party!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks so pretty Amy ~ you always put together the best vignettes!

Sherry said...

Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry