Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shades of White

Hello to you all!

I hope you are doing great, enjoying your summer, and feeling loved beyond measure!  That’s the kind of love God has for you…

I have shown you several flea market finds in my last couple of posts and have yet another to show you today.  (hope you’re not bored)

My latest find was actually something that peaked my interest when I saw it on Anne Lowry’s facebook page.  Check out her facebook page and her beautiful blog.  Be prepared for beautiful photography, a beautiful farmhouse, and a sweet and fun spirit.

Now for what I found…


dr table 1

I have a great collection of beautiful white dishes that I have gathered for a few years now, and love that I now have a better way of displaying some of my plates and platters.


plates 2

I love every bit of crazing…every little chip…every bit of use that caused these dishes to look this way.

I love all of the different shades of white. 


dr table 1

Not really sure where or how this little rack was used, but I love the way I am able to use it.    Thanks, Anne, for the idea.

Still quite a bit going around our home as we prepare for guests from Louisiana.  You know how it is.  You always want to freshen, clean, and organize when people are coming to stay for a few days.  I love that kind of work because it doesn’t seem like work. 

We are also still harvesting lots from our garden and are so thankful for well water that we use for the garden and chickens.  My heart goes out to the farmers who are struggling this year with their crops and struggling to feed their livestock.

Things to do, so off I go.  Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.

God bless!

Sharing over at the beautiful Faded Charm
Print

22 comments:

Olive Cooper said...

Amy, good use of what may be some old office file. But what do I know except it's pretty with the white china. xoxo, Olive

Blondie's Journal said...

What a great plate rack for your pretty collection! I love getting ready for guests, too, and we have a lot at the lake. It's all in the details!

Hope your summer gets better and better!

XO,
Jane

Angie said...

I love racks like that too for display plates. Yours almost looks like it may have come out of some kind of filing cabinet. I love all those shades of white!

I picked up a few recently that are much newer and are "stacked" so my plates are displayed going upward. It works for now, although I'd really like a wall-mounted display for my plates, so I'll keep looking!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

chateau chic said...

Great way to display your plates and keep them at your finger tips for use! Love the rack.
Mary Alice

Tammy Partin Spangler said...

I love all the shades of white! A chip just adds a little character! Thanks for the visit!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

I love Anne's blog too. What a great way to display your vintage white plates, and such a great collection. Wishing you a great week!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Amy, this is such a lovely post! I just love white dishes and yours are displayed perfectly!!!!
You have such a beautiful blog!

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Hm~m~m...dear friend, I believe the newest collection On Crooked Creek is very similar to a few of the pieces I see here in your new found dish rack!!! I never really got into the collecting of ironstone until I found the three pieces of creamy ivory with a slight scallop to the edges. Lovely display!!! EnJOY your company!
Fondly,
Pat

Christine said...

My goodness that's one great piece!!! LOVE your blog! So much eye candy!! YUM!!!

Feel free to come back over to The DIY Dreamer.. and link up to From Dream To Reality! :)

Anne said...

Amy,
Love this piece and how you displayed your perfectly imperfect collection of dishes.Those are my most favorite kind.The more chips and crazing the happier I am :-)
((((Hugs))))
Anne

blhitchcock901 said...

Amy, you are just the sweetest and I love how you always praise God for his goodness. I look forward daily to your words of hope and encouragemet! Gives me a better perspective. Sometimes I can be a real Debbie Downer. I love your white dishes and the stand, I gotta find one for all mine!

BECKY said...

So beautiful, Amy. We share a love for ironstone!!
Hugs!
Becky

pballard said...

I love ironstone. When I decide to collect I go way overboard. What a great idea... Thanks for sharing. Love it!

It's me said...

Love the shades of white darling....happy day...xxx..

michele said...

just lovely!

if you like, swing by my place where i am hosting a giveaway:
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-sale-giveaway.html

and keep sharing your lovely posts!

smiles.

michele

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

I love it Amy!!! It looks awesome holding your vintage ironstone!!!
Hope you have a lovely time with your guests!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

BECKY said...

Hey Gal,
I didn't receive an email from you this morning, and I checked my spam folder, too.

Could you resend it?
Hugs, sweetie!
Becky

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

The more crazing...the better! That's our motto Amy :)

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Oh my gosh..I am coming over and sneaking that out the door with me...I love it!!! x0x0

Ginger said...

Very cute rack!

lynn said...

how awesome! great find, and i love the different whites and chippy goodness of the plates, too!

Melissa said...

Beautiful Amy! Love all those shades of white too. Keep sharing your finds. I love seeing them!