Friday, July 6, 2012

Flea Market Finds For the Dining Room

Hey friends!

 

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July.

 

We spent the evening with family… eating, talking, laughing, and watching a few fireworks.  It seems like I am doing a lot more eating than I should be doing, but gosh, I love good country food.  Have I told you how much I love dessert?  My mom fixed the most incredible banana pudding for our get together.  You know the kind that  is baked in the oven with mounds of meringue on top.  OH MY, it was scrumptious.

 

Ok, my mind needs to get off food and onto some more of my flea market finds from this summer.

 

I told you that on my last flea market trip, I found some really awesome things.    I am starting a neat collection of copper and will show you that soon.

 

Today, I want to show you a couple of cool pieces I found that I am using on my dining room buffet.

 

fireplace bucket 1

 

This great old fireplace bucket has a beautiful patina and looks beautiful filled with dried hydrangeas.  It also had the cool coal shovel with it.

 

scale 1

 

Found this beautiful old scale in great condition.  The glass is still intact and it has the weight on the back.  Love the little bit of rust there at the bottom and love that the words are still easily seen. 

 

I have placed my pretty white tobacco can on one side and a great ironstone mug filled with vintage utensils on the other.

 

scale and bucket 1

 

buffet

 

There are still several more fun things I want to show you that I have found.  Keep checking back and see what else has made its way into our home.

 

I know you totally get it when I say how much I love all this “old stuff”.  I have been treasure hunting for quite awhile now and love the nostalgia behind it all.  The only thing I wish was different was that I wish I  knew the stories behind each and every vintage piece that I have.

 

I also want to say thanks for following along with me.  Thanks for your visits and for the time you spend here.  You are welcome in my home and I am grateful for each one of you.

 

God bless you all!

Print

31 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, Amy! What a find the scale is. I love every detail and love seeing how you decorate your beautiful home. :)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I've never seen anything like that bucket. It's fantastic! Love what you've done with it. So nice that you're getting in a bit of fleaing!

Becky C said...

Oh Amy, you know that scale is calling my name :) It is fabulous and so so perfect there in your dining room. What a cool bucket, too. The whole vignette is beautiful. You have found some great treasures lately...I want to go shopping with you. Can't wait until I see you!! Miss you all.
HUGS

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I was raised with antiques, and I often wished they could talk and tell their stories. Glad I'm not the only one who wants to know their history.

Great post!

Urban Farmgirl said...

I just found that same crean colored tin that you show on the scale! I thought the writing on it was just so pretty! ;o)

Love everything!

Mary

{annie_loo} said...

Is this at the Nasville flea market at the Fairgrounds? I wish it would cool off so I could enjoy browsing. That's my idea Saturday! Other than the pool of course! Great finds!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh both are such super finds. I love scales and have a few, this one is fabulous. Love the display. Hugs, Marty

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

That scale is awesome!

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Amy -- you simply have an eye for putting these goodies together! I love both the coal bucket and the scales and cannot wait to see whatelse you've found :)

Blessings!
Gail

A Thrifted Market said...

Love the scale!! Everything looks so pretty on your buffet. Beautiful treasures!

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
I hadn't seen a coal bucket like your great find! At first, I thought it was a vintage grater! Ha! This scale is magnificient! Love the vignette you've put together with your newest finds! Of course I'll be back, dear friend! I always come away inspired!
Fondly,
Pat

chateau chic said...

Amy, your scale is fabulous! It looks great on your buffet.
Mary Alice

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

Beautiful additions to your lovely home! I know what you mean about the food...gotta get back on track on Monday :) Laurel

Ceekay-Thinkin of Home/Doublewide Decor said...

Love that old stuff too...that scale is fabulous!!

BECKY said...

Your finds look fabulous, Amy! Some of that great ol' stuff is just really hard to come by here in central FL...at least for a decent price! Thank goodness for Etsy!! I get so many of my things from other shop owners!!

Hugs and love!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Becky

Debbie said...

Wonderful treasures! I particularly love the fireplace bucket, and it looks beautiful against the hydrangeas.

My daughter bought some white hydrangeas and is hoping that they dry well in her apartment. (Stuck with buying them since she doesn't have a garden.) I hope they look half so lovely!

melissa said...

lovely finds! just lovely!

Have a wonderful, freedom filled week end!

Anne said...

Amy,
I love that scale! I just came across two of those today.Both unfortunately out of my price range.Love that bucket too.I have not seen what like that.And the patina is just perfect.You have it all displayed so beautifully.
((((Hugs))))
Anne

Anne said...

Amy,
I love that scale! I just came across two of those today.Both unfortunately out of my price range.Love that bucket too.I have not seen what like that.And the patina is just perfect.You have it all displayed so beautifully.
((((Hugs))))
Anne

Ginger said...

I love the scale and especially the mirror behind it! Glad you had a great 4th; I ate my way through the week as well!

The Shabby Chick said...

What great finds Amy, love them all.

Pattie

Ruby and Arthur said...

Amy, I love the hydrangeas! They look so lovely next to your wonderful scale. Have a great day, Jean

pballard said...

Not much left for me to say as I sifted through your comments but just wanted to say hello anyways.. I am still unpacking and have two scales somewhere. Someday I hope to find one like your white one. Enjoy your Saturday!

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Love it Amy!!~
You always know just how to put the perfect vignette together!
Your Mom's banana pudding sounds delicious!!~
I miss my southern grandmother's banana pudding and pie. Those southern women sure do know how to cook! :)
Hope you have a beautiful weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Mary said...

such great style you have!
we have very similar tastes, i am just not very good at photographing things, so i tend not to.
your house always looks so beautiful and welcoming!
i am SO craving a good fleas market!
xoxo

~Kristin~ said...

Amy~ I'm such a country food lovin' girl, too!
Oh my goodness..the desserts!! My backside is letting me know that I must cut back!

Love your old finds.
They have soul...

My dad has been treasure hunting for me of late and has found some of the best things.
And your scale reminded of the vintage egg cleaner he got me.
Along with a primitive table that I am using for canning jars, quilts, table cloths, aprons, a couple of crocks, vintage Pyrex, and little enamelware containers with lids!

And my favorite...3 vintage metal lawn chairs!! I have him on the hunt for a 4th!!

So excited.
Now I just need you to come and create my space for me with all of the lovelies, K?

XO

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the scale how neat is that? The bucket is fantastic!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Oh I love all of that white. I just changed my dining room over to white and I am loving it. Yours is beautiful!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Just loving your finds Amy!
That tobacco tin is fabulous!

Keeping it Cozy said...

You have such a knack for finding vintage items and putting them together! I love your old scale and what a neat bucket. I also love to think of the stories behind old items... they add such character to a home. Hope you are doing well!

Avida Cebu said...

I just love and enjoyed your blog. It looks like ancient. Thank you for sharing this with us.