Saturday, June 16, 2012

Simple Summer Mantel Fix Up

Hi all!

Hope you have had a wonderful week.

While most of my family were out of town today, and my son caught up on needed sleep, I did some easy change ups in a couple of my rooms. 

My kitchen got some pretty cool changes as did a few spots in my living room. 

Freshening up my house, freshens up my spirits.  You know exactly what I mean, don’t you?

I have a good friend who grows beautiful flowers and has been generously sharing with me.  Her gorgeous blue hydrangeas are now adorning my mantel.


mantel 1

Isn’t that a gorgeous color? 

Oh, how I wish they would last forever in all their brightness.

I also added a small bouquet to this little rusty crusty shelf that I pulled out of the dirt at an old house.


table 2


I love the blue globe sitting next to the blue blooms.  Such a cheery sight for me to look at.


mantel 2

This little table sits right next to my big comfy recliner and is where I keep a lot of my magazines and books.  Easy access to good ideas. 

See the grainsack pillows.  I got those while in Louisiana this summer and love them.  Hoping to get a couple more if at all possible.

Can I end tonight by just saying that I appreciate all of my friends I have met through my blog.  I truly appreciate each and every comment you leave for me.  I appreciate your friendship and more than that, I appreciate prayers that have been said for my family over the last year.  I feel blessed to have you all in my life.

Good night…

Linking up at Simply Klassic Home
Print

27 comments:

blhitchcock901 said...

Amy, I've missed following you lately. Just lots of life, if you know what I mean. I love your new header. Probably not new, but my blog has been crazy for a month or so. Your blog always brightens my day. Hugs to you.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That is a truly beautiful vignette on your mantel, Amy. The hydrangeas are gorgeous. Actually, I love it all. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

NanaDiana said...

That color IS gorgeous and I love how it puts a pop of color on your mantle. Your home looks so warm and cozy and inviting. xo Diana

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I love those pillows too:) I got some grain sacks and was going to make some pillws to sell, but I think I just might some for Me...that's bad isn't it? I love all my blog friends too:)

Blessings,
Linda

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Oh how I love that color blue Amy!! Isn't it just glorious?!!!
God is so amazing with all the gifts he gives us!
Hope you have a beautiful Sunday my friend!!
Your home by the way is just gorgeous!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

Beautiful!!! Love your shelf too! :)

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

Beautiful flowers!

raggygirlvintage said...

Wow those blooms are just gorgeous Amy, and I love the white ceiling tin, if that's what it is, behind it all!
Tracey

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
True life friends (much like blog friends) enrich our lives by the little things they do! Those blue blooms are gorgeous on your mantle and shelf! Have a marvelous weekend, dear friend!
Fondly,
Pat

Korrie Bastian said...

The hydrangeas are gorgeous! You have created a lovely scene.

Michelle Frame said...

I want to see where you put the window... Mantel looks great!

A Ruffled Nest said...

Hi Amy, I just found your blog and I love it. I know exactly what you mean by freshening up your spirit by freshening up your home. My family thinks I'm a little crazy sometimes ,because I'm always switching things up. It's good for our creative souls!

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

so pretty, Amy! Love how everything looks together, and that shelf is awesome!! Tis the season for beautiful hydrangeas :)

lynn said...

LOVE the rustic prettiness, amy!

Keeping it Cozy said...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean...

Your updates are fresh and beautiful! Love the blue hydrangeas and your grain sack pillows.

Hope you are having a wonderful day. We are enjoying time together here.

All Things Chic 2 said...

Love your free style...
Blessings Lori ~

chateau chic said...

Your mantel looks so pretty and fresh for summer. I love those gorgeous blue hydrangeas against the chippy metal ceiling tin. And that wire rack is wonderful! Dug it out of the ground?? Aren't you lucky.
Mary Alice

must love junk said...

All I can say is "LOVE"! The hydrangeas, the rusty rack, the pillows...all fantastic!
Susan

The Other Me Is Sane said...

You're flowers are beautiful and you're more than lucky to have such a great friend!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. They don't even look real, if you know what I mean. (I love your chippy little shelf, too.)

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hey darlin...looking good!!! I too am glad we have "become friends" ! x0x0

Karen said...

Hi Amy, your mantle is so pretty. Everything looks beautiful.

Debbie said...

I love the crisp white and blue summery look of the whole thing. I don't think there is any flower I love more than the hydrangea. Oh, how I wish I could dry the blue ones to maintain the blueness of them!

It's a simple pleasure to be thoroughly enjoyed while its here.

~Kristin~ said...

Amy~ I am the same exact way. Just doing a little feathering in my nest...makes me a new woman!
And...I will never get tired of your Hydrangeas!
XO

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous hydrangeas - they are my favorite! We just planted 3 bushes and I'm giddy over all of the new blooms!

LLH Designs said...

Hi sweet Amy! I just left you this reply on my blog but wasn't sure if you'd get it:

Hi Amy! I remember you telling me you lived fairly close once before and it warmed my heart! I always need a friend, so please give me a shout ANYTIME if you are headed this way. Would love to meet in person!

xoxo!

Rainbow Gatherer said...

great styling and lovely stuff:)
I'll be happy if you check out my blog too:)