Sunday, June 10, 2012

Outdoor Pallet Table

It’s over! 

The Tattered and Timeless pretend barn sale is over, and it went very well.  I would love for this to grow into something bigger.  I have a vision.  I am praying for God’s will on what He would have it to become.

I am taking a short etsy vacation to think, pray, and decide.  I need a little break from etsying.  I am going to focus a little more time on my blog, on taking better photos, but mostly on having a fun summer.

You know that I always love to show you projects that my oldest daughter does for me.  This one is absolutely no exception.  She knocked this one over the fence.

Up on this deck…

deck

sits this table…

table 3


My husband had actually put a base together for another outdoor table so Beth was able to use that.  She did the rest. 


table 1

Can I just say that I think she did an outstanding job?  I love it just like I love everything else she does for me..like hanging lights, helping me paint, building tv tables, spending time with me…being my daughter.

It thrills me that this child is so handy and that she enjoys doing things like this.

My youngest daughter has started down the same path as her big sister in the building department.  I will show you soon the pallet project that she and her daddy did for me.  It goes in my kitchen and is fabulous!

Did you by any chance notice the 2x4’s on the deck railing?  Those are for our big screen we hang up for outdoor movie nights.  Such fun!

Hope you are all doing well.  I have missed chatting and am glad to be settled in now for a fun and relaxing summer.


Linking up this table over at Funky Junk
Print

22 comments:

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Oh, my goodness!!! She did an incredible job on the table for you!!!I love her pattern with the boards! Great to have one so handy in the home! She inspires us all, Amy!
Fondly,
Pat

BECKY said...

Wow Amy!! She did a fabulous job!! It looks great! You have a lovely deck and back yard and how much fun are those outdoor movie nights??!!

I will join you in prayer for what the Lord has for you!! I have no idea where He is taking all of my stuff, but I can't wait to find out! This is the great adventure, huh???

I have cooled my jets a bit with the shop, too, which is ok, since summertime it usually slumps off a bit. I will be working on fall and gift items, and powering down on "found treasures" a little.

Have a wonderful week, dear friend!
Hugs,
Becky

chateau chic said...

What a terrific table your daughter made! Looks like you deck is a wonderful family gathering place.
Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

Olive Cooper said...

Well done for your girl. I know you are so proud. It is a pretty and functional table.

Becky C said...

Cool table, Amy!!! She sure is handy around the house. I love it out on your deck. I hope you enjoy your break from ETSY. It's great to hear the sale was a success. And I'm so ready to see all of you next month. Lots of hugs :)

must love junk said...

Amy, that table is incredible! Your daughter is seriously talented-you definitely have a right to be proud of her.
Susan

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

I'm so glad you did a post on this table. I loved it. Beth did such an amazing job. Love your girls! Hugs ~ Dori ~

Ashley said...

Looks beautiful!! Wishing you a lovely week, Xo, Ashley

Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home said...

Wow wow wow!!! Your daughter's ust as talented as her Mom. Great job love the table! And how fun to have outdoor movie nights. Have a great week!!

It's me said...

Beautiful table....have a nice week ....love Ria....xxx..

NanaDiana said...

Hi Amy- It will be nice to see you back around blogland. Love the table your girl built for you. Pretty hands on girls you are raising there. Blessings to you as you try to figure out exactly what you really want to do- xo Diana

~Kristin~ said...

How lucky are you?!
When you get a chance...send that girl right over! I need a table, too!

XO

Melissa said...

Oh my!! You are so right, she definitely knocked this one over the fence! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!

Holly said...

Amy...you deserve to take a break. Your blog is lovely and your photos are inspiring. I am also taking a break from etsy...we will be all refreshed for fall.

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Wow, you have one talented girl there Amy!!~ She did an amazing job!!!
I hope my boys can do things like this when they get a bit older, I would love to have something special like this from them.
Hope you have a beautiful week my friend and I am so thrilled your sale went so wonderfully!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

lynn said...

hi amy,

so glad your barn sale went well:) your daughters table is awesome! and i love the idea of movie night on the deck!

Ceekay-Thinkin of Home/Doublewide Decor said...

Can I borrow her for a while? I would love some projects like that here!!
You are very blessed!! Not only that she can do, but that she does!!

Michelle Frame said...

She never ceases to amaze me. God has truly blessed her with special gifts!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Love this table. Your daughter did a fantastic job.
I have some pallets and a metal table frame waiting to be married into a nice piece of furniture. I hope it turns out half as nice!

Pat

Keeping it Cozy said...

This is the most beautiful pallet table I have ever seen. I think it's amazing Beth built this... she's sweet, pretty AND talented!

Also, I love every detail on your back porch. You've done such a great job of putting it all together.

Kat said...

Hey there, Amy. I'm visiting from Keeping it Cozy--so glad Andrea mentioned you today:) Love your style from what I've seen so far;) Excited to be following you now!

Debbie said...

She did an amazing job! I absolutely love the finished project.

I'm anxious to see what God has planned for you with the seeds he planted in the barn sale. Being still and in His will is a good place to be.

It's not always easy from an earthly perspective, but it's always GOOD.