Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Great Summer Treat

Hey all my friends!  Hope you are all doing wonderful!

I don’t know about where you live, but here in Tennessee, it is HOT!  When it’s hot outside,  I love to fix fun, refreshing drinks for my family.

Recently, I came across a great recipe for cherry lime-aide that I want to share with you.  I promise you will love this drink.  It’s delicious and easy and looks so appealing.

First of all, I want to share where I got the recipe.  Check out the beautiful blog, The Red FeedSack, and meet Dori.  Then, you have to go to her daughter, Andrea’s blog, Keeping it Cozy.  These ladies have the real thing.  They have the farmhouses that I would so love to have.   And, they are both so sweet…and…they both live in Tennessee…and… it’s only about an hour from where I live.  So awesome!

Now for the summer treat…

drinks 2

Doesn’t this look wonderful?  Oh, so good!

What you need to make your own cherry drinks is:
Ginger Ale
12 oz of lime juice
Fresh limes
Maraschino Cherries
1 cup sugar

First, make your own lime syrup by mixing the 12 oz lime juice and heaping cup of sugar together in a small saucepan.  Bring this to a boil over medium heat and boil one minute.  Boil long enough to dissolve sugar.  Stir while heating.  This syrup will go a long way so you will not have to make it every time.

Next, fill a quart size mason jar to the top with ice.  Add 1/4 cup lime syrup and 1/4 cup cherry juice.  Pour ginger ale on top of that, throw in a few cherries, add a few slices of lime, and voila….that wonderful refreshing drink I was telling you about.

Our family loves to go to Sonic for their Happy Hour and buy lime-aides.  We don’t have to anymore because now we have our own and they are so much better. 

If you make some for yourselves, make sure to let me know what you think.

Have a wonderful rest of your week, my friends.

Linking this recipe up over at The Simply Klassic Home
Print

20 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This looks SO good, Amy! I will definitely try this up at the lake where we need to stay hydrated. Now, I'm off to visit your neighbors!! :)

XO,
Jane

Anne said...

YUM!

(((Hugs)))
Anne

A Thrifted Market said...

Hey girl!! That looks delicious. I love Sonic's cherry limeades and can't wait to try this out! Hope all is good with you and you are enjoying your time with the kids home. Our last day is tomorrow. Blessings my friend.

Our French Inspired Home said...

Looks delicious! We will try this tomorrow night for a patio party we are hosting.

Our French Inspired Home said...

Looks delicious! We will try this tomorrow night for a patio party we are hosting.

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Sounds absolutely delicious Amy!
I know exactly how hot it gets in TN. and super humid, so this drink will be a wonderful treat!
Have a beautiful night my friend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

WOW! Thanks for the compliment, Amy! Did you just love those cherry lime-ades?! I think they beat Sonic all to pieces!! :-) And it has really been hot huh? We spent the day canoeing on the Elk River and it was so fun, relaxing and even though it was hot there was shade and water so you can't beat that! Hugs ~

Deanna said...

delicious beverage served in style!
Will be great to drink when really hot outside.
God bless.
d

Keeping it Cozy said...

You are so sweet, Amy, thank you! Your cherry limeades look wonderful... this is probably my favorite treat. Looking forward to hopefully getting together next month! Talk to you soon!

Nancy's Notes said...

Well yummy! Forget those limeades at Sonic, your recipe is awesome! Happy I found your blog!

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

looks sooo refreshing!

~Kristin~ said...

That's it. I'm moving to Tennessee!

Love this!
They look so yummy and refreshing!~
XO

jahorn12820 said...

Mmmm.. yummy! Makin' me thirsty!

must love junk said...

LOVE your blog! I'm your newest follower...I'd love for your to stop by my new blog :)

Christy Q @ SchnauzerCrafts Creations said...

That looks so yummy, thank you for sharing!! I love Sonic's cherry limeades as well so I'm looking forward trying the recipe.

Debbie said...

Do you think it would be just as good if I tried to sugar free it?

It looks so delicious to me, and that husband of mine loves the cherry taste.

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Not much of a "sweets" drinker...however...when it's HOT on the Prairie...Cherry Limeaid is my favorite drink! Thanks for the homemade recipe!!!
Fondly,
Pat

raggygirlvintage said...

Looks yum and so refreshing, but it's still too cold up here, come on summer!
Tracey

Amanda said...

I love cherry limeades. Thank you for sharing.

Maggie Massey said...

Oh my gosh, Amy...this looks amazing! Cherry & lime are two of my most favorite summer flavors...pinning it so I have it handy! Thank you so so much for linking up to our Summer Blog Party!!!