Saturday, May 12, 2012

Almost Done…

Hey all!  Happy weekend to you!

 

After painting and cleaning my master bath and bedroom for the last few days, I think we are done.

 

Now the fun part comes.  Yeah, you know what I mean.  Now I can start making it all look pretty. 

 

Remember, I am going from dark greenish brown paint to a very light paint.  I actually used a color called Cottage Linen and I LOVE it!

 

I will show y’all what I have done in there real soon, if you are interested.

 

This morning, I wanted to show you what my oldest daughter fixed last night for me and my other daughter. 

 

Look at this yumminess…

 

berry dessert

 

Oh yeah, this was scrumptious.

 

She melted chocolate chips and made a fabulous cheesecake type dip. 

 

I think you are supposed to cut the strawberries and fill them with the cream cheese filling and then drizzle them in chocolate.  Not us…since it was just the girls, we decided to just dip and then double dip.

 

This is a wonderful, summery, delicious dessert.

 

***

 

Gotta get busy!

 

Hope you all have a wonderful day and a lovely Mother’s Day.

 

God bless you all!

 

***

 

Recipe for the cheesecake filling:  Mix 4 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla. 

 

Hope you enjoy them if you make them.

Print

14 comments:

Keeping it Cozy said...

Looks delicious! How sweet to spend time just you girls. And I'm so anxious to see the changes in your room!

Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home said...

How sweet of your daughter to make that yummy dessert for you! And of course we want to see the progress in your room!!!

Anne said...

Amy,
My favorites chocolate and strawberries YUM! Have a wonderful Mothers day.
Anne

Becky C said...

Yummy dessert! Looks like pure summer :) Beautiful strawberries...what a sweet girl you have!
And you know, I can't wait to see cottage linen on your walls! Hurry and "dress-it-up", so you can show your bedroom off. I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous :)
Love you lots

Olive Cooper said...

So sweet of your darling kiddo. Happy Mother's Day.

BECKY said...

Hey Sweetie! Looks just so yummy! What a delightful treat she made for you all to enjoy!!

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. Hubby is cooking a feast for his Mom, me, and all of our girls and their guys tomorrow!! He knows how to make me smile!

Hugs and love,
Becky

A Thrifted Market said...

Yummy! I would rather dip mine in chocolate anyway...more chocolate! What sweet girls to do that for their mama. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day my friend!

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Hi Amy,
Oh how sweet of your daughter.
It sure does look yummy.
Can't wait to see your br redo.
Hugs,
Tam

Stephanie said...

Can't wait for your reveal!

Ioana-Carmen said...

hi dear! Just found your lovely blog:) what do you say about following each other?

FashionSpot.ro

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

What a tasty looking dessert!

I'm eager to see the room reveal.

I hope you and your Mom have a very Happy Mother's Day!
Pam

Debbie said...

What a wonderful treat, Amy.

And when it's just "us" around here, we're dip and double dippers too. Shhh. Don't tell anyone. I don't want to get booted out of the Snob Society.

Debbie said...

Oh! And I forget to say that I'm anxious to the the lightened up room. My next interior project is a lighten up one, too.

lynn said...

looks yummy! happy mothers day!