Friday, April 13, 2012

A Quick Change in the Cabinet

Hi all!

You know my new white cabinet I showed you the other day…the one I brought home from Texas.  Well, I have already changed her up a bit and am loving the little change.

When I first brought her home, I had metal locker baskets in the front cubby area.  They just seemed too dark in there for me and didn’t make much of a statement.  I had to come up with something different and decided to use another Texas treasure.

Take a look at what I put in there and tell me what you think.


bucket 5


bucket 3


I found this beautiful old ice cream freezer at the Canton Flea Market.  Love the wood, the rusty metal and even that great green strip there on the front. 


bucket 2


Now, that looks like summer to me!

I also filled up my great old crock with my small collection of rolling pins.  I love the little bit of texture, height, and interest they add.


bucket 4


Much better….


bucket 1


Take a look HERE if you want to and see how I changed it up a bit.

I hope you have all had a wonderful Friday and that your weekend is full of blessings.


Chat again soon, friends….



Linking up tonight at Donna's at Funky Junk
Print

15 comments:

Christy Q @ SchnauzerCrafts Creations said...

So cool! I love this - such a great way to exhibit your collection of rolling pins. I will admit what caught my eye the most was that little crown on the crock holding some of your rolling pins. I love that crock, especially with the crown as the finishing touch.

Hope your weekend is full of blessings too, Amy!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I've been poking around and just love your effortless style! I so aspire to decorate like this ...

... but in the end I feel compelled to fix and paint the vintage rust and broken. It's a curse.

If you haven't already, you should check out my lovely blog friend Eclectically Vintage. You two are two peas in a pod!

:)

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Linda

raggygirlvintage said...

It's really showcased in that spot Amy! My eye was immediately drawn to your crock, it looks great with the rolling pins in there. I finally sold my vintage rolling pin collection last fall market, I still have a couple I kept.
Tracey

blhitchcock901 said...

Love it! What a treasure! Gotta find me a little nook to fill with a few of my favorite more rustic finds.

Michelle Frame said...

Love the change up - it looks great and right at home. Of course I loved the other way, too. You have such a knack for pairing things together!

Michelle Frame said...

Amy,
Love the change up - it looks great! Of course the previous version was great, too. You have such a knack for pairing things!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

wow, what an amazing corner. I feel like i've just moved back in time... love every piece!!

Donna

Anne said...

Looks great!Love that white ice cream bucket.That is one thing that is on my list of finds I am looking for.
Anne

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

ICE CREAM! YOU SCREAM! WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM...
loving the summer bucket motif!

-Pat

Blondie's Journal said...

You have such a great eye for detail and using the unexpected in great spots. I love the ice cream bucket...what a great find!

XO,
Jane

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
Lovin' the ice cream bucket!!! I remember these from our annual Church Ice Cream Socials from my youth!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Stephanie said...

Love the change! And the rolling pin collection is a nice addition too!

High Street Cottage said...

Amy this looks wonderful! Love the vintage bread board!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

bread board AND the ice cream maker, oh wow, love them both!!

Miss Gracie's House said...

I like the ice cream bucket better, too...it does make more of a statement...great cabinet!
Rene'