Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Sprucing

Hey sweet friends!

I hope all of you have had a wonderful weekend.

Ours has been full of sunshine and fun!

The sunshine had us outside most all of the weekend and when I saw our forsythia bush blooming, I knew that some of the beautiful yellow blooms had to make their way inside.


flowers 1


Aren’t those bright yellow blooms just gorgeous!


flowers 2


See my great old door back there?


flowers 3


The door is almost a grayish green and is perfectly aged.  It has sneak peaks of my favorite color green peaking through in certain spots.


flowers 4


My old faded green ammo box is the perfect place to hold some of my favorite bottles.


flowers 5


My fabric wreath has made its way to my new door and I love it there.


flowers 6


My peat pot filled with a little bird’s nest, holding tiny blue eggs, reminds me so much of a book that I am reading right now called One Thousand Gifts.  One of my favorite friends had that in her Junk to Joy etsy shop.


flowers 7


Loving this spring vignette.  It makes me feel like sunshine is in my home.

Okay, I don’t usually show that many photos of one thing.  Sorry…

Speaking of spring and sunshine….I am headed to the kitchen to fix a big bowl of angel food cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.   Doesn’t that sound like spring to you?


Linking up at Knick of Time, Coastal Charm
Print

21 comments:

One in the SAHM said...

That vignette is SO cute! Where did you find the old door? I would love to add something so perfectly aged to my dining room...good find!

jahorn12820 said...

One Thousand gifts <3 Love!

Jenni said...

Hi Amy! How was your weekend? I hope it was a good one for you. :)

I am loving how you have decorated this space you showed today! That door is pure loveliness, and I love how you hung the fabric wreath on it, too. And oh! The little arrangement you made with the green (ammo) box and the potted bird nest and everything else is beautiful and definitely spring-ish! :) You have such a gift for creating inspiring vignettes, and I always enjoy seeing what you have put together! :)

I hope you have a good night, and a great Monday!

Blessings,
Jenni

raggygirlvintage said...

Loving all that green and gray with the pop of spring yellow! What a gorgeous door Amy!!
Tracey

It's me said...

Like the green box ...like it all !!..have a nice week darling...love from me....i have also spring feelings...hahahaha!!...xxx...

Stephanie said...

Love the pop of yellow color! And that door is awesome!

Keeping it Cozy said...

Isn't springtime just wonderful (especially in our area!)?! I am in love with your fabric wreath - gorgeous!! Did you make it?

blhitchcock901 said...

I adore your vignettes! I fall in love with your blog more and more everytime I visit. I guess your music stirs my heart and who can't help but praise. Wow! I do love the door. I've got one I'm sanding and taking hinges off to display in a corner in my house. You are an inspiration!

Barbara said...

Very nice, I love the old stuff, nothing like it for me, be blessed

Marilyn Holeman said...

Thanks for the touch of spring. I'm in California--looking out at almost a foot of snow! But it is California, and the nice weather will soon return. I love the nest in the peat pot.

Blessings!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Oh yes, it's a breath of fresh air, love the yellow, and that door is amazing.

Kolein said...

It's so beautiful, Amy! I LOVE the blue-ish box, too!

Your store, I mean, your home is so nice!!!!


xo
~K

Trisha said...

Everything is so pretty! And your dessert sounds so delicious! Thanks for stopping by!

~Trisha

Sherry said...

That is really pretty Amy! I have some fake forsythia on my mantel. I just love that bright yellow!
Sherry

chateau chic said...

The first thing I noticed was your fab door!! I love the vignette you created using that as a backdrop. And of course the splash of yellow is perfect for spring.
Always enjoy your style,
Mary Alice

Heaven's Walk said...

Your vignettes are always so beautiful, Amy! Wasn't it great to be able to bring some springtime into your house?! Yay! I'm so glad that spring is here already! Hope you had a great BIG dish of that cake. It sounds soooooo good! (my fav!!)

xoxo laurie

Becky C said...

Love the new "old door"! It is a fabulous patina, and gorgeous color! Love the whole vignette...those forsythia blooms gives a perfect pop of spring color ;)
Love that ammo box, too. That's the best color ever!
Won't be long now, I can hug you big :)
Miss you

Debbie said...

I love the forsynthia so much. I have been trying to find someone with a bush blooming so I can beg for some branches. In the meantime, I bought three fake branches, but it just isn't the same you know...

And can I lift my hands and praise for an "all clear" yet? I've been anxiously waiting to be able to do it, but you haven't said yet.

Tricia said...

What a pretty springtime vignette, Amy. I absolutely love the addition of the forsythia...flowers make everything feel a little better, don't you think? :)

Robin said...

I love this time of the years when wonderful color pop out to greet us. Love that door.

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

so very pretty! I love your dogwood branches in the post above too. Happy Birthday to your son.