Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Fresh Farm Table

Hi friends!  I hope your weekend was wonderful.
Mine was busy but good.
Saturday was cleaning day and with cleaning comes changing.
I wanted to put a little more spring into my living room so I pulled out vintage fans, gathered blue ball jars, and moved stuff from here to there.  I topped off the farm table with a small bouquet of sweet flowers that my youngest daughter brought in from outside. 
fans 2
My vintage fans actually work but I don’t use them because they scare me just a wee bit.  I do think they mark sunny days ahead just beautifully.
See the sweet green bottle filled with beautiful flowers…
Here it is closer up…
green bottle 2
It’s an old 7UP soda bottle that my daughter dug up from a big dirt pile we had brought in for our front yard.  From a slogan we saw on it, we think it dates back to between 1936 to 1952. 
The best thing about that little bottle is the bouquet of flowers that it holds.  Is there really anything sweeter than the sweet hands of a child bringing in flowers they have picked from your yard?  Priceless.
barrel 4
bags 2
table 2
ladder 4
ladder 3
This last photo is the entire back corner of my living room.  The curtains came from IKEA a couple of years ago and they cover two long windows that flank a door that leads to my backyard.
full area
As spring comes and  more flowers, shrubbery and dogwoods start blooming outside, I will begin replacing my dried  hydrangeas.  My pitchers, pots, and galvanized buckets will begin holding evidence of sunshiny days very soon.  I can’t wait.
I hope you have enjoyed visiting today.  I know that I have enjoyed sharing.
It’s past time for our school day to begin, but the time change has messed up our schedules a little bit.  First school,  then outside for some play and work if the weather stays pretty.
Blessings to you, my friends.

Linking up at Coastal Charm, Knick of Time Tuesday
Print

24 comments:

Connie said...

Your house is lovely and I'm sure that your husband and children are so proud of the mommy that makes it a home. I love farmhouse charm and you certainly have a talent for putting it all together. Beautiful! Your fellow blogger and follower, Connie

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Love your vignette! I love this whole side of the living room! The green items you have are especially pretty.

I am sooo ready for spring!

~Shanon

NanaDiana said...

It looks wonderful and so homey, Amy! I always enjoy popping in and seeing what you have been up to. Blessings- xo Diana

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Hi Amy
Everything looks wonderful!!!
Hugs,
Tam

{northern cottage} said...

hello chippy charming spring gorgeousness! that little chair is calling my name! love it! and the stack of folded sacks - yum! xo

www.NorthernCottage.net

Blondie's Journal said...

You always make the sweetest vignettes, Amy! The vintage fans are so cool, the sound of a fan reminds me of summer! I can't wait for some blooms outside...my vases are tired of dried hydrangeas, too!

Your daughter sounds like a little sweetheart! I love the old bottle! Have a great week! :)

XO,
Jane

Kristin said...

Beautiful Amy!! I love the table, and the grain sacks and the ladder! The sweet flowers are a precious little gift. :)

Gail said...

Beautiful Amy! I just love it all!!!

Anne said...

Amy,
Looks amazing.Love all of your latest finds.Fits perfectly in your home.

Keeping it Cozy said...

I can't stop looking... everything is so beautiful!

Patty Sumner said...

Just found your blog..gorgeous! I am your newest follower. If you get time stop by and visit and follow along with me too. Just beautiful and blessings to you!

blhitchcock901 said...

I love every lit bit of your space! The chippy green child's chair is my favorite. Yes, I agree there is nothing like fresh picked flowers from your child. Cherish those days. They go back too quickly. Just skyped with my son and GRANDson! Priceless. Visit my blog today-Ironstone and Roses.

Becky C said...

Well you have been busy. It all looks amazing and spring-like over there! I really love the old 7up bottle with little flowers from your sweet girl. I love the photo of the whole corner. The ball jars look great in the wire basket. And that green ladder is oh so wonderful! Love your farm table decorated for spring with the fans!!
lots of hugs

Roselle said...

Everything is so charming. LOVE it. I envy your fans. I can never seem to find any while out treasure hunting/thrfiting. I enjoyed visiting with you today :)
Roselle

Shannon said...

Lovely!

Pam said...

What a gorgeous display. And I love that secretary desk. I see them all the time at the thrift store, but never thought to paint it up.

Sylvia said...

Love your style!!!

Sylvia

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Great vintage display!

A Few Pennies said...

That green! --so pretty with a touch of the aqua too--you've an eye for vignette-ing (is that a word?)--lovely room and collections.

Creative Ambitions said...

Love the vintage decor Amy... as always! But that chippy CHAIR is my fav! How cute! And the bottle...wow... wonder what other old- time treasures are buried in your yard? lol! :)

Bonnie said...

I am loving your "green" (both the color and the philosphy) in your vignettes. I feel so cheery looking at them.

Green Willow Pond said...

What a sweet corner. I especially love the fans and blue ball canning jars. My mother-in-law has one of those old fans.

Sorry I haven't visited in a while. Life gets busy and complicated at times. It's good to be back. Have a lovely week!

{{hugs}}
Deborah

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
This is just gorgeous, dear friend...but my favorite...is the LOVEly flowers picked by the hands of your child! Precious and priceless!
Fondly,
Pat

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

You have a knack for creating vignettes. I adore your fans...having a vintage fan is on my wish list. What a great story about the 7up bottle...and I really miss getting hand picked flowers from my daughter. She's 13 now...I think those days are over.
Sharon @ mrs. hines class