Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blooms and Birthdays

Hi everyone!

March has been a wonderful and busy month in our home.  We have celebrated two special birthdays so far.  My husband’s birthday was the first of the month and our son’s 20th birthday was last week.  Yes, I said 20.  Yes, I have been a little bit emotional. 

In celebration of our son, we chose his favorite dessert, cheesecake.


table 6


Keith loves cheesecake.  This one is not homemade, but my husband does make a homemade gourmet cheesecake that is incredible. 


table 4


The dogwoods are blooming and are just gorgeous. I love the way they fill up a container.


table 10


Flowers of any kind make a room so festive.


table yes 2


Isn’t God a wonderful Artist?


table 9


Spring is such a wonderful time to fill your home with beautiful things.  Go outside and see what you can bring in to add a little more loveliness to your home.

Hope your week has been wonderful so far and continues that way.

Blessings to you from me!

Linking up at the beautiful Faded Charm


***If you have a minute, I would love for you to LIKE me on Facebook.  Thanks so much.
Print

15 comments:

A Thrifted Market said...

Happy Birthdays are wonderful! We have had so much rain here in Texas and just driving down our country roads the fields are almost solid blue from the bluebonnets and wildflowers. I am in awe everytime of how God colors this world with beauty! I love birthdays!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

HE sure is, HE sure is! Beautiful way to fill a room Amy. Happy Birthday to your birthday boys! The cheesecakes looks yummy. :)

Desire Empire said...

A pretty birthday vignette. Happy birthday to your boy
Carolyn xx

Kate said...

Hi Amy
Just gazing through your beautiful blog. Love every bit of it. One of my favorite worship songs from Casting Crowns. Thank you so much for the visit.

xo
Kate

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Happy Birthday to you hubby and son. I can see why that's your son's fave dessert. It looks delish.

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

That cheesecake sure looks good :)

Becky C said...

Oh my, I just posted about blooms too. We think alike, don't we! Happy Birthday to both of the Kinser guys!! Such a lovely table setting. The dogwoods are so gorgeous. That cheesecake looks divine. Love to you all :)

raggygirlvintage said...

20? Were you like 10 when you had him!! Looks like the perfect birthday to me, and I'm still loving those sheers! I finally found some but then hung them in my bedroom!!
Lovely spring touches, it sure is a season of newness and hope:-)
Tracey

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Oh Amy, those dogwoods are simply beautiful!!~
I have a March boy too. My little one will be 4 this Friday. I can't believe you have a 20 year old!!~ Where does the time go?
Gorgeous photos my friend and I hope you have a lovely Wednesday.
Sincerely,
Melinda

It's me said...

I love cheesecake too !!...congratulations !!....have a nice day spring !!!!...love from me...xxx...

Susan said...

Oh yes, He is a wonderful artist. Your display looks lovely, Amy, and that cheesecake - yum! Funny, my fellas' birthdays are in March, too, but at the end of the month.
It's fun to celebrate that AND spring!
Thanks so much for your kind comment on my kitchen. :)

chateau chic said...

Looks YUMMY!! And your table is lovely with the dogwood. Our kids grow up so fast....yikes, I'm sounding like my mother. :-)
Mary Alice

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Oh, I love your tablecloth and chippy chair. Hope you enjoyed your family's birthdays!

A Cottage Muse said...

Happy Birthday to your son!
Celebrating with cheesecake is perfect!

Kristin said...

Amy~ I had so much fun this morning...Strolling and reading and admiring. Such a pretty and sweet little spot you have!!!

Loved my time here!
Have a beautiful Friday~

Love, Kristin