Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Few Shots From the Master Bath

Hi friends!

It’s almost Friday!  Are you as glad as I am when Friday arrives?


I have been doing a little freshening in my master bath and actually trying to decide if it’s time to paint the bathroom and bedroom.  It’s been dark for awhile now and I almost think it’s time for a little lightening.


Until the decision is made whether to paint or not, I am making a few small changes.  I changed out the shiny brass hardware on the cabinets and am saving to buy some new light fixtures above the sinks.


Of course, there’s always the fun of fluffing.


(It is so hard to get good pictures over my tub)
master 16


Absolutely love this old apple bucket holding towels and soaps.


master 11



master 2


My favorite white tulips!


master 1


master 14


Junk to Joy etsy shop.
I love dried lavender also.  I bought this little lavender filled peat pot last summer from my friend Becky over at her beautiful etsy shop.


master 8



master 6


Candles in the bathroom are a must, right?


master 18



master 10


I usually don’t have the chance to take bubble baths, but when I do….I am in heaven.  Jets and bubbles are so relaxing.


shelf 1


A couple of old prints rest on my flea market shelf.  I love the black and whites and how subtle they are.  Another few pieces of lavender are contained in two old salt and pepper shakers.  Take the lids off and voila…great vintage vases.


Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me for a few minutes today, my friends.


Have a blessed upcoming weekend.


Print

20 comments:

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Your tub area is so pretty, Amy. I adore the vintage apple basket used for soaps and towels. I often treat myself to a bubble bath with candles. Totally relaxing after a long day at work.

Debbie said...

I'm laughing at myself. I wasn't even planning an oomph up of our master bath, but now I'm planning to pin your ideas.

I love it all,especially the dried lavender and the tulips.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT ALL!!

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Oh Amy, I may have to take a trip to Tennessee just to relax in your bath!!
I love the special touches that you added, they are so lovely.
Wishing you a fabulous weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

On Crooked Creek said...

Amy,
I love what you're doing in your Master Bath! The apple bucket and that shelf with the vintage black and white prints stunning accents, dear friend. Lavendar is an herb that grows well in our heat on the Prairie. I tie up bundles and place on the lower level living areas! Heavenly scent! This is a perfectly relaxing post for the weekend! Enjoy!
Fondly,
Pat

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh it looks so inviting. Gorgeous room and your accessories are beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love your accessories, especially the old apple bucket holding the soaps, etc. The tulips are so pretty too.

I hope your Mom is doing well. I'm thinking of you both.

Take care,
Pam

Debra @ Common Ground said...

oh, it's so pretty in there. I really love the dark color! nothing like a bubble bath to make you feel human again, lol!! xoxo

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm with Marty...it looks SO inviting! I haven't had a bubble bath in a long time...I lean toward bath oils in the winter. The bucket holding your soap and towels is so charming! The lavender is a nice touch, too. I have to visit Becky's shop!

XO,
Jane

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Isn't is so fun to "fluff" the bath? Yours looks so inviting, I love all the touches you added.

~Shanon

Full Circle Creations said...

Love the bucket! And those little jars!

Holly

Becky C said...

Oh how relaxing this looks! The apple basket is my favorite! Of course, the lavender is a close second. I'm sure it smells heavenly in there!
And I love the black & white prints. Great spot for them.
To paint or not to paint...that is a great question. I love the color now, but I will love it if you paint it too :)
Enjoy your bath :)

raggygirlvintage said...

Amy, my master bathroom is feeling very neglected after your post, guess I will be doing some fluffing over the weekend! I will be pulling in some mercury glass and it is ever so long since I had flowers in there. We lightened up our walls last summer and it made a huge difference, so really it deserves some attention. I am trying to figure out a window treatment to soften things a little in there, maybe another sheer?
Tracey

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

BE-autif-ul!!
Better watch out your guests will arrive with towels beneath their arms! lol
Now that is a serene relaxing spot.
The bathroom is the only place I can escape the kids...lol, for a few minutes anyways~

It's me said...

What a nice bathroom !! beautiful decorated !!...have a nice weekend....love Ria.....xxx...

Lori said...

You have much more space than I do. Love the extra tea lights in the jar idea.

summersoul said...

Wow Amy your bath is beautiful! I love what you have done. The apple bucket is darling. Have a great weekend and thanks for the kind words.

MC

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Amy its so pretty...I was looking at your shelf with the pics. on it and saw you had The orphans prayer picture..I have it too,my m.i.law bought it for me years ago in Ireland at a carboot sale,I just love it!!!! Where did you get yours...would love to know! x0x0

Sheryl and Denny said...

Hi Amy,

I always look forward to seeing what touches you are adding to your beautiful home. Your blog inspires all of us to add touches of simple beauty to our homes. I have awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award, you are on my list of favorite blogs. You can review my post and the rules here: http://www.cypresshillfarm.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-awarded.html Thank you so much for all your kind words and sharing all your talents. Your blog is awesome.......Sheryl

Passionate for White said...

Oh how perfectly soothing....